2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 119 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
I loved both of Bradie's programs, she has totally won me over this season. She's a completely different skater to two years ago!

Has that mistaken 3Lz-2T not been corrected? This is ridiculous, it was clearly a 3T, even if it was under!

skatergurl7

On the Ice
I’m rooting for Bradie this week at Skate Canada. But I have to admit, I think it’ll be tough for her to podium against Trusova, Medvedeva, and Kihira. I predict Bradie will be 4th or 5th, not enough to make the Final. And Bradie did just get higher scores because she skated in America, so I doubt we’ll see a repeat of her high PCS at Skate Canada. I could be wrong, though.

It will be tough and that’s the podium I expect too, but Rika is not so consistent. Fight for 3rd could be plausible

skatergurl7

On the Ice
I loved both of Bradie's programs, she has totally won me over this season. She's a completely different skater to two years ago!

Has that mistaken 3Lz-2T not been corrected? This is ridiculous, it was clearly a 3T, even if it was under!

Eh wouldn’t have affected her placement anyway

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker

Has not been corrected. There is a Round Table Discussion (for TP, judges, etc) at Sunday 11:15 (Las Vegas time) for the Ladies competition. That's probably where anything would be addressed and authorization for correction would happen. Hopefully somebody has alerted both USFS, Bradie's team, and ISU, so that this makes the agenda.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
While I enjoy Russian ladies, America has some truly FINE lady skaters both in senior and up-coming ranks... skaters I truly LOVE watching and rooting for.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
It also affects her total points for GPF tiebreaker situations. This needs to be corrected and hopefully will be following the ladies round table discussion.

Oh yes, I forgot about that! That score could be very crucial in a tiebreaker and to not correct it could mean the difference between making the GPF or not, through no fault of her own .

b-man

Final Flight
I’m rooting for Bradie this week at Skate Canada. But I have to admit, I think it’ll be tough for her to podium against Trusova, Medvedeva, and Kihira. I predict Bradie will be 4th or 5th, not enough to make the Final. And Bradie did just get higher scores because she skated in America, so I doubt we’ll see a repeat of her high PCS at Skate Canada. I could be wrong, though.

Medvedeva is not the skater of 2-3 years ago. Bradie is skating near her peak and a bronze is certainly in reach.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Medvedeva is not the skater of 2-3 years ago. Bradie is skating near her peak and a bronze is certainly in reach.

I agree. Bradie rarely leaves points on the ice and knock on wood......I haven't seen her fall in ages. I didn't see her winning the Silver and beating Tuk this week but, it happened. You never know. In any case, she has started the season well and I wish her the best.

tothepointe

On the Ice

I would put her above Medvedeva and have her in a probably 3rd place.

skatergurl7

On the Ice
Alysa did her SP at the gala today! Layout 3A (step out on the landing), 2A, and 3F, assuming her actual layout in the final will be a combo on the 3A

natsulian

Final Flight
A month has passed since the Junior Grand Prix event in Poland and I must say, Alysa's speed has improved quite noticeably. She still has two more months until the Junior Grand Prix Final to make more improvements. Best of luck.

skatergurl7

On the Ice
A month has passed since the Junior Grand Prix event in Poland and I must say, Alysa's speed has improved quite noticeably. She still has two more months until the Junior Grand Prix Final to make more improvements. Best of luck.

Noticed that too, wasn’t sure if it was the camera or not but she definitely looked like she had more flow and speed. Could work a bit on the posture and flexibility but great improvement so far

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think in terms of Alysa's speed in the last couple of years she has been focused mainly on the jumps and wasn't doing as much work on her skating skills or speed as she needed to be doing. But now competing against the Russian girls she knows she needs more speed and if we know anything about this girl is if she puts her mind to something nothing will get in her way.

Orlov

Medalist
First of all, I think that Tennel is true silver of SA and her TES is roughly what it should be (due to a strange error with 3T called 2T).

But I believe that in her FP they should have called UR on 3Lz+"2T" and call 3F!<. Let me show you a slow-motion video of this flip, and you yourself decide for yourself whether to hide your head in the sand.

My main message: usually such connivance harms the athlete. Bradie had problems with UR at last season, and now she can decide that everything is fine, but it's not.

medoroa

On the Ice
First of all, I think that Tennel is true silver of SA and her TES is roughly what it should be (due to a strange error with 3T called 2T).

But I believe that in her FP they should have called UR on 3Lz+"2T" and call 3F!<. Let me show you a slow-motion video of this flip, and you yourself decide for yourself whether to hide your head in the sand.

My main message: usually such connivance harms the athlete. Bradie had problems with UR at last season, and now she can decide that everything is fine, but it's not.

:laugh2: A ! wouldn't have changed anything and that video doesn't even pause at the moment her toepick hits the ice, it's possibly the worst youtube video of its sort I've ever seen (and that's saying something!) even if I happened to take youtube judges seriously.

Her 3Lz+2T should possibly be a 3Lz+3T< and that might be what comes up in the protocols once they fix it. Bradie still has landing issues, this was also evident from JO. Not the shocking news you think it is.

Apologies for my tone, but seriously now.

Casual

On the Ice
If only somehow they removed judges bias and errors from figure skating... I don't know if all athletes would benefit, but the audience? For sure!

Wishful thinking, but we can dream, right?