2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 140 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

natsulian

Final Flight
The scoring for the junior ladies at the Pacific Coast Sectionals seemed much lower than for those at the other two sectionals:scratch2:

Kate blooms early in the season and has always had a hard time scoring high once Nationals rolls around. As for Mia, she's been scoring in the 140-150 range all season and her performance components will keep her from achieving scores in the 160s and 170s. As for Ellen, she recently recovered from an injury but still managed to score above 150. Noella has always scored in the 140-150 range. The only outlier is Kate because she has scored in the 170s, but I expected the down trend due to school and her prior seasons. For example, in the past, she would be the number one novice or intermediate lady and then come Nationals, she would place in the Top 10/8/6. I wonder why... :scratch2:

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
Congratulations to Bradie for making it to GPF. Such a massive feat with all the top notch competitors this season.

So so so proud of her.

I was sad that she had a back to back draws and I can't believe this is the of those times where it's all worked out. She really deserves it.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looking at Kate Wang, it seemed to me that she has suddenly gone through a growth spurt---I saw her skate this summer, and she didn't have those long, coltish legs then. She does now, and that's going to take a period of adjustment.

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
Please observe Competition Chat guidelines.

Eastern Sectionals is a competition which may be discussed in the Competition forum while the competition is ongoing.

Last edited:

lusterfan

Final Flight
Happy for Bradie! An American lady hasn't qualifed to GPF since Ashley and Gracie did back in the 2015-2016 season!!

The podium won't be an expectation for her, but I hope she can pull out two clean skates and continue to build momentum going into Nationals, 4CC, and Worlds. Given how she and Mariah are looking, reclaiming the 3rd Worlds spot is possible!

skatenewbie

Medalist
Gracie place third!!! I think she passed that 75 TES since she only need 42 and she scored 109. SO PROUD OF HER

Alsi Emily Zhang score 133 in FS she must be putting out super performances, Sarah Jung too scored 120

mrrice

Record Breaker
Gracie place third!!! I think she passed that 75 TES since she only need 42 and she scored 109. SO PROUD OF HER

Alsi Emily Zhang score 133 in FS she must be putting out super performances, Sarah Jung too scored 120

Does this mean that Gracie has officially made it to Nationals?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie finished in 3rd place. Now we have to wait to see if she made the minimum 75 TES (combined-SP and FS). She got 33.8 in the SP so she needs 41.20 from the FS.

natsulian

Final Flight
With Eastern Sectionals now over, we can all breathe and finally say... GRACIE IS GOING TO NATIONALS. I am beyond elated for our golden girl and cannot wait to see how she will progress. There was SO much fight in her and it bodes well for the rest of her career. Also, Emily Zhang blew the roof with a score of 197. Where was she when international assignments were being given out? If she can skate just as clean, a Pewter medal or top 6 finish might not be out of the question. Moreover, Sarah Jung put out a respectable score of 120. If she can rotate the 3A and 4S and land them consistently, she will become an even bigger threat. Also, SO much talent in the lower half of the senior ladies' division that must be harnessed and nourished. Six ladies managed to break the 165 barrier and I wish all six could have gone to Nationals. Best of luck to everyone.

Link to protocols: https://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2020/27740/CAT009SEG017.html

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Gracie finished in 3rd place. Now we have to wait to see if she made the minimum 75 TES (combined-SP and FS). She got 33.8 in the SP so she needs 41.20 from the FS.

She did it! Third place + total TES 83+!

princessalica

Final Flight
Eastern sectionals was impressive. That was international caliber skating. Since Brodie doesn’t need her golden spin spot, perhaps Emily Zheng should get it. I haven’t followed her career, but she performed so well!!

I’m so excited Gracie improved so much!!! I hope the upward trajectory continues, but all of the top four eastern ladies were impressive, and so were 5th and 6th yay for us ladies!!!

natsulian

Final Flight
Eastern sectionals was impressive. That was international caliber skating. Since Brodie doesn’t need her golden spin spot, perhaps Emily Zheng should get it. I haven’t followed her career, but she performed so well!!

I’m so excited Gracie improved so much!!! I hope the upward trajectory continues, but all of the top four eastern ladies were impressive, and so were 5th and 6th yay for us ladies!!!

Emily thought about representing China during the summer, went there to compete, and decided against the notion. However, the US Federation is still unhappy and has not assigned her to an international event yet. Mariah will probably be sent to Golden Spin because she needs the extra Challenger points for ranking. I think Challenge Cup or some other Senior B will suffice for Zhang.