2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

tosca

On the Ice
Ting Cui’s performance at the Peggy competition:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzThJaOJesG/?igshid=l9v3s3mi9ft4

Ting’s jumps look a little shaky, but due to her past with troubled jumps, I’m not sure if it’s due to injury or nerves. Her shortened Free is simply STELLAR and I cannot wait to see how she does once she’s fully recovered.

Also, here’s a video of her thanking her fans:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzT5oqBHwMS/?igshid=jw28bt9se7f5

Key statement is, “AFTER recovering from my injury”, which probably entails that she’s ready to jump harder triples and really get back on the ice. Best of luck to her.

Thank you for sharing. Her movement is GORGEOUS. I love her choice of music. Jumps are a little precarious and the rumors around her situation are concerning. Hoping she fully recovers and stays healthy!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I love Ting's fs. Her arms are wonderful; reminds me of Czisny and that's good. Hope she recovers well . If she gets her jumps back I far prefer her over Tennell who I think has power though and competitor spirit and toughness.

MarinHondas

Final Flight

Ting’s jumps look a little shaky, but due to her past with troubled jumps, I’m not sure if it’s due to injury or nerves. Her shortened Free is simply STELLAR and I cannot wait to see how she does once she’s fully recovered.

Key statement is, “AFTER recovering from my injury”, which probably entails that she’s ready to jump harder triples and really get back on the ice. Best of luck to her.

Has to be due to injury, she only jumped 3sal, and then messed up on 3toe..which is really easy for her and popped a 2a, which again is an easier jump for her.

SimplyAFan

On the Ice
I’m looking forward to seeing the junior results and who’s competing in July. I’m not anxious to see who may earn JGP spots, byes through regionals, senior B assignments and the skate America TBD spot or anything lol

ice coverage

Record Breaker
USFS High Performance / ISP Camp is underway.

Happy to see (anecdotally) that Katie McBeath and Indi Cha are there (per Instagram/Instastories), although they are not (yet) on the published ISP list.
I wonder which other men and ladies in that category also were invited. :popcorn:

Bluediamonds09

Medalist

Happy to see (anecdotally) that Katie McBeath and Indi Cha are there (per Instagram/Instastories), although they are not (yet) on the published ISP list.
I wonder which other men and ladies in that category also were invited. :popcorn:

What is the high performance camp? What do the skaters do there? Does anyone know which skaters are there?

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I'm surprised that Indi Cha is not on the ISP. Do they only go down to 4th in novice or something? I've always thought of her as a skater with a lot of promise.

I also thought Katie McBeath was transitioning to pairs? I hope she finds a niche where she thrives. I know I'm a minority, but I love her skating.

- - - Updated - - -

SimplyAFan

On the Ice
I'm surprised that Indi Cha is not on the ISP. Do they only go down to 4th in novice or something? I've always thought of her as a skater with a lot of promise.

I also thought Katie McBeath was transitioning to pairs? I hope she finds a niche where she thrives. I know I'm a minority, but I love her skating.

- - - Updated - - -

I also enjoy Katie McBeath's skating.

As far as Indi goes, I would have thought she would be on there so maybe this is what she needs to do to get there. If she does well enough, do you think she could get a JGP spot with the number of spots the US has this year?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
What is the high performance camp? What do the skaters do there? Does anyone know which skaters are there?

USFS blurb from last year:

U.S. Figure Skating High Performance Singles Camp
* Held in conjunction with the Broadmoor Open. Offered to all AHPDP singles athletes and ISP singles athletes who are not guaranteed a Grand Prix assignment. Athletes will receive on ice technical feedback, one on one sport performance sessions and on ice performance sessions.

AHPDP = Athlete High Performance Development Pool.
Although ISP skaters are listed on the USFS public website, a listing of AHPDP athletes is not (AFAIK).

My understanding is that USFS also takes what it sees at the camp into consideration when making decisions re international assignments.

And IIRC, the model for High Performance Camp is Champs Camp. For example, IIRC, team-building is part of High Performance Camp.

The camp is only a few years old. IIRC, in the first year or two, its official name was ISP Camp. When speaking informally, some skaters still call it ISP Camp.

... I also thought Katie McBeath was transitioning to pairs? I hope she finds a niche where she thrives. I know I'm a minority, but I love her skating.

I too like Katie McBeath. :)
She just competed in Ladies at Broadmoor Open a few days ago.

As for pairs, all I know is that Katie was in a large group photo from a camp that seemed designed to give skaters a taste(?) of pairs. It did not seem to me that attending the camp indicated a definite commitment to pairs?
At least a couple of other skaters in the photo have continued to compete in singles this season.
(To my extremely limited knowledge, one skater from the photo did transition to pairs. Don't know whether there were more who did.)

macy

Record Breaker

this music is PERFECT for her, omg. this was so beautiful and such a breath of fresh air. she is the skater i want every skater to be!

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Is it true that this season Amber Glenn is bringing back her Skyfall/007 program from 2015 nationals?

(I’m honestly sick of Skyfall and James Bond programs.)

mrrice

Record Breaker
this music is PERFECT for her, omg. this was so beautiful and such a breath of fresh air. she is the skater i want every skater to be!

I agree. Gorgeous program. The jumps will come and when they do.....Look out. Bravo

catjohnsn2

Spectator
Ting has beautiful arms and does indeed remind me of Czisny.....one of our most under rated skaters in the USA! She changed coaches and revised her jump technique and was the last American lady to win the Grand Prix Final. Unfortunately she was injured and never reached her full potential I still think she is one of our greatest artistic athletes in this sport.

natsulian

Final Flight
Skaters seen at the camp:
- Emilia Murdock
- Alysa Liu
- Hanna Harrell
- Isabeau Levito
- Pooja Kalyan
- Lindsay Thorngren
- Sarah Jung (?)

natsulian

Final Flight
I wonder if the 3T in Ting's Free is where she's going to add the 4T.

Possible Layout: 3Lz-3T, 2A, 4T, 3F-Eu-3S, 3Lo+2T, 3Lz, and 3F

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder if the 3T in Ting's Free is where she's going to add the 4T.

Possible Layout: 3Lz-3T, 2A, 4T, 3F-Eu-3S, 3Lz-2T-2Lo, 3Lo, and 3F

Unless there have been changes, a skater can only have 1 3-jump combo, right?

Your layout also brings a Zayak situation into play if she bails on the 4T, tripling it out. She's already doing 2 3Z and 3F in your layout, so she can't afford to duplicate the 3T. Not saying she can't do the content, but again, there's a risk factor to be managed.

natsulian

Final Flight
Unless there have been changes, a skater can only have 1 3-jump combo, right?

Your layout also brings a Zayak situation into play if she bails on the 4T, tripling it out. She's already doing 2 3Z and 3F in your layout, so she can't afford to duplicate the 3T. Not saying she can't do the content, but again, there's a risk factor to be managed.

I totally forgot about the two 3-jump combo. As for the risk factor, I'm sure they'll have a backup if she ends up doing a 3T instead of a 4T.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Ting has beautiful arms and does indeed remind me of Czisny.....one of our most under rated skaters in the USA! She changed coaches and revised her jump technique and was the last American lady to win the Grand Prix Final. Unfortunately she was injured and never reached her full potential I still think she is one of our greatest artistic athletes in this sport.

Really? The first time I saw her she was just up from Juniors and she fell four or five times in her program. And then the last time I saw her many years later she fell five times in her program. Underrated? Huh. Not feeling it.

Here is her SP at 2012 Worlds where she fell or fell out on everything. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_nsUfN6DNQ If it's possible she was even worse in the LP, which fortunately for her sake is not on YT because I think she fell on EVERYTHING. I'm not in the camp of her being underrated. Sorry. Beautiful woman, beautiful spins, but, well... all those nasty falls. It's like complimenting the fine china on the Titanic.