2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 81 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

concorde

Medalist
I can't say for sure this year but when I looked into it 2 years ago maybe, the skaters just sign up. But it's not open to everyone, it is like skaters who were at nationals/ISP get to sign up first, then they'll open it to sectional skaters, and so on... so basically it is supposed to be a competition for highly competitive skaters. It seemed that there wasn't this many skaters in the past, I feel like they used to cap it at 12? Could be wrong on that though. Makes more sense to let more skaters in though, good competitve experience with other high quality skaters.
From a quick review of the skayers, it looks like the top 6 National Qualifying Series (NQS) scorers from each Section were invited. Those are the same skaters that will receive a bye through Regionals.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
I gotta say she was cute in the kiss and cry. Out of all the kid skaters, I like her personality the most.

bubblecherry

Final Flight
I gotta say she was cute in the kiss and cry. Out of all the kid skaters, I like her personality the most.

I like that she's mature and has a good head on her shoulders, yet she's still very much a 14 year old girl. Very youthful and a nice, light, energy :)

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Alysa first needs to take care of business and qualify for the JGP. If she stays in 4th place she might not even qualify.

Well, now that Alysa is in the final with 30 points, I think we can discuss. I personally think that with Alysa's 4Lz looking so stable, she should do two 4Lz and two 3A in the jgp Final:
3a/3t
4lz/2t
4lz
3a
-----------------------
3Lz/eu/3S
3F
3Lp

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have to say that Alysa seems to not really feel pressure or at least it doesn't show on her face. With other US ladies in the past you could see on the nerves on their faces and you just knew they were going to bomb but i don't feel that with this girl. She's so even tempered not to high or to low.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
I have to say that Alysa seems to not really feel pressure or at least it doesn't show on her face. With other US ladies in the past you could see on the nerves on their faces and you just knew they were going to bomb but i don't feel that with this girl. She's so even tempered not to high or to low.

She silenced her critics a bit today, if she was feeling the pressure it didn't show. A bit wonky on the first 3A but the rest delivered clean, calm and commanding. That 4Lz looked so effortless the tech controllers had it up as only a triple at first!

natsulian

Final Flight
Congratulations to Alysa Liu who became the very first U.S. lady to make it to the Junior Grand Prix Final since Polina and Angela Wang during the 2013-2014 season (Karen Chen withdrew and was subbed by Wang). Liu nabbed the gold in Poland after landing a stunning 4Lz and 3A, earning a season's best as a result. Lindsay Thorngren, who debuted on the Junior Grand Prix stage this season, placed 8th.

On the other side of the world, Isabeau Levito stunned the home crowd with a stunning Free Skate consisting of, among many things, 3Lz+3T, 2A+3T, and 3Lo+Eu+3S. Isabeau scored roughly 171 points, 28 points higher than second place finisher Elsa Cheng. Tonight, Ting Cui and Amber Glenn will fight for podium spots at the U.S. International Classic.

Also, Isabelle Inthisone and Kate Wang have been assigned to the Junior Grand Prix event in Italy following Hanna's injury and subsequent withdrawal. Best of luck to everyone and good health as always.

VenusHalley

Final Flight

She seemed bit nervous before she landed the important stuff, imho.

But she performed. This was a blessing in disguise for her, very valuable experience. Though she already proved in her first JGP that she can put bad element behind her in second it is over.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
She silenced her critics a bit today, if she was feeling the pressure it didn't show. A bit wonky on the first 3A but the rest delivered clean, calm and commanding. That 4Lz looked so effortless the tech controllers had it up as only a triple at first!

The nerves to put a second jump on THAT landing. Many more experienced skaters would have bailed out (but maybe not the lack of experience bad and good is positive here, because she just goes for it, without what ifs).

yyyskate

Record Breaker

yeah that 4LZ is so effortless, the tech panel thought it was a 3LZ, it got me scared a little, but I was sure it was a 4LZ at that moment, but still scared, cos afterwards, she did another two 3lz combo, my head is running Zayak the whole time....

natsulian

Final Flight
Not only was the 4Lz effortless, it was bigger, had more distance, and there was a lot more height. If she can put the same amount of effort in all of her triples, I think she'll start racking up higher GOE.

Alysa has nearly THREE months to improve as the Final will be begin in Italy on December 8th. Best of luck to Alysa.