2019 Bavarian Open | Golden Skate

2019 Bavarian Open

Walt FSHunter

Final Flight
Country
Ukraine
Bavarian Open is going to be live streamed this year for the first time in history. :thumbsup:

Nirti

Medalist
And the first international competition for Martin Bidar with his new partnerin Hanna Abrazhevich. I hope to see other new pairs there, as we need a renewal in Europe!

Nirti

Medalist
Endlich!!! :hap57:

Here's a short list of the main competitors (sorry if I miss somebody
Senior men : 12 skaters : Orzel, Belohradsky J, Virtanen, Kishina, Shimada...
Senior ladies : 21 skaters : Cotop, Bock, Gutmann, Leccardi, Paolucci, Rodeghiero, Aoki, Miyahara, Wories, Sakhanovich, Lehmann, Yamada... + a new israeli, Alina Iushchenkova, never heard about her
Senior pairs : 9 pairs :love: : Debuts for Abrazhevich/Bidar and Efimenko/Epstein, comeback for Herbrikova/Roulet. Main contenders Hocke/Blommaert, Barquero/Maestu, Ghilardi/Ambrosini
Junior men : 22 skaters : Hess, Sahaka, Kim Joonsoo for USA...
Junior ladies : 47 skaters : Mikutina, Pesendorfer, Eudine, Marold, Beccardi, Shiraiwa, You Young, Millares, Murdock...
Junior pairs : 15 entries :eeking: Hamon/Strekalin, Thomalla/Kunkel, Liu/Meyh... I don't know the 3 russian teams
Senior ice dance : 15 teams : Turkkila/Versluis, Koch/Nüchtern, Urban/Steffan, Yanovskaya/Lukacs, Reed/Ambrulevicius, Shpilevaia/Smirnov... and the international begins of Wroblewska/Walker
Junior ice dance : 23 teams : Fabbri/Ayer, Lajoie/Lagha, Taschlerova/Taschler, Matthaei/Pfisterer, 5 russian teams who are unknown for me...

It's especially the last chance for many junior pairs to reach their ticket to Junior Worlds... Fingers crossed for them!

Keith

Rinkside
Endlich!!! :hap57:

Here's a short list of the main competitors (sorry if I miss somebody
Senior men : 12 skaters : Orzel, Belohradsky J, Virtanen, Kishina, Shimada...
Senior ladies : 21 skaters : Cotop, Bock, Gutmann, Leccardi, Paolucci, Rodeghiero, Aoki, Miyahara, Wories, Sakhanovich, Lehmann, Yamada... + a new israeli, Alina Iushchenkova, never heard about her
Senior pairs : 9 pairs :love: : Debuts for Abrazhevich/Bidar and Efimenko/Epstein, comeback for Herbrikova/Roulet. Main contenders Hocke/Blommaert, Barquero/Maestu, Ghilardi/Ambrosini
Junior men : 22 skaters : Hess, Sahaka, Kim Joonsoo for USA...
Junior ladies : 47 skaters : Mikutina, Pesendorfer, Eudine, Marold, Beccardi, Shiraiwa, You Young, Millares, Murdock...
Junior pairs : 15 entries :eeking: Hamon/Strekalin, Thomalla/Kunkel, Liu/Meyh... I don't know the 3 russian teams
Senior ice dance : 15 teams : Turkkila/Versluis, Koch/Nüchtern, Urban/Steffan, Yanovskaya/Lukacs, Reed/Ambrulevicius, Shpilevaia/Smirnov... and the international begins of Wroblewska/Walker
Junior ice dance : 23 teams : Fabbri/Ayer, Lajoie/Lagha, Taschlerova/Taschler, Matthaei/Pfisterer, 5 russian teams who are unknown for me...

It's especially the last chance for many junior pairs to reach their ticket to Junior Worlds... Fingers crossed for them!
Does anybody know if junoir and novice ladies will be split into two groups due to high level of entries?
Thank you in advance!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
... Young??? The national winter sports festival is in February, and since she did the prelims she's going there too, like... Time zone differences anyone?? I'd rather she don't do one of them (preferably the winter sports festival, I mean she won Nats for heaven's sake and it's not like she's going to college this year) and focus on JW, but I will be wishing her to rotate everything and be awesome as she is :pray:

Nirti

Medalist
Does anybody know if junoir and novice ladies will be split into two groups due to high level of entries?
Thank you in advance!

Here's the schedule

It seems that both junior and novice ladies events will be splitted, but both two groups will perform successively

Pandicorn

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Finally!
I think I will be going to BO on Wednesday for juniors Ladies and Men and on Sunday for Senior Ladies and Men. :)
Is anybody else going?

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
A lot of interesting names at Bavarian Open. Apparently Skate Canada wants their junior ice dance teams to have one more international appearance before Junior Worlds. And it gives Aurora Cotop the opportunity to gain the TES for the Worlds. Senior Ice Dance looks quite interesting with a handful of very decent couples. I guess Juulia Turkkila and Matthias Versluis are clear favourites to win the gold. In senior pairs Laura Barquero and Aritz Maestu from Spain will have great chance to medal or even win. It will be also interesting to see the other Spanish couple. I think that will be their first international competition this season. As regards senior ladies, since I don't follow them that much, I don't know Satoko Miyahara's status. Why isn't she competing at 4CC that is taking place at the same time? Wasn't she assigned to the team because of bad results at Japanese Nationals or are there any other reasons?

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
As regards senior ladies, since I don't follow them that much, I don't know Satoko Miyahara's status. Why isn't she competing at 4CC that is taking place at the same time? Wasn't she assigned to the team because of bad results at Japanese Nationals or are there any other reasons?
The JSF thought that Mai Mihara, the fourth-place finisher at Nationals, deserved a high-profile assignment in the second half. Since Satoko was the bronze medalist, she was the one who was bumped from the 4CC roster, and got this as an alternative.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Fedor Klimov's students Akopova/Shagalov and Varvara Kurnosenko are on the list!!!!!! :yahoo: Although, Varvara is also listed for Sofia...

Will there be some sort of stream/way of watching videos?
Cheers in advance for those in the know! :agree:

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Starting orders / Results will be published here. (The page is blank, I hope they'll fill it with information before the competition starts.)

EDIT: It's already fully available and contains all the schedule.