2019 European Championships Ladies Free Skate | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2019 European Championships Ladies Free Skate

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Sofia, well deserved first place, loved her FS! Big surprise from Viveca winning the Bronze, good for her and for Finland.
Tough skate for Alina but she got through it and won the Silver Medal.

I am happy for both of the French Ladies Laurine placing fifth and Mae placing 7th.

Congrats to the Ladies!

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Thank you for the ISU link (Eurovision). For whatever reason I was stuck with Grand prix videos, and when I clicked Figure skating it always entered a sort of a never ending uploading. Anyway thanks! What a competition! I am sorry for Alina. I didn't expect that. I have no idea how she managed to get the silver medal. Something must be wrong in ISU judging. Sofia deserved to win, both the SP and FS. Her jumps looked a bit laboured today, she must have been nervous, still she managed to keep everything under control. I am super happy for Mishin. Great victory for Sofia!

LaArdilla

Medalist
Catching up right now, warmest congratulations to Sofia and Papa Mishin. Well done Viveca! My heart breaks for Alina, she is so hardworking and such a great competitor, but her technique is failing her... :(

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I really kind of feel for Alina. She is so young still in reality. Hard to believe both Alina and Sofia and the rest of the Russians - Liza, Evgenia et al are being readied to be pushed out by a new crop.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I haven't googled but wasn't Korpi, Meir spelling?, I also think - wow russia still 1 and 2 even with the demise or loss of Evgenia and Liza.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I fell asleep this morning and missed the whole Ladies FS. Watching the replay now. Rough going, friends!

But I wanted to drop in and give a shout out to Lucrezia Gennaro for that Winona Ryder voiceover!!! That is definitely KevinV approved!

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Dasa Grm's beautiful soul always comes through in her programs, no matter what the TES counter says. Thumbs up.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Absolutely thrilled for Laurine and Mae, they've both fought so hard to get back up there and even with mistakes, they both did a beautiful job. And Viveca! Loved her skate here.

Now to catch up on a few more...

icetug

Medalist
Congratulations to Sofia - the only Russian lady who got lower PCS at RusNat than at international competition ;) (but seriously, she was usually so much underscored in PCS, I'm glad not this time).
Congratulations to Alina - silver is almost as beautiful as gold (I know, Olympic champion expectations etc. But OGM Yuzuru Hanyu is only a silver medalist of 4CC... and still alive ;)).
Congratulations to Viveca. She was on fire in Helsinki where I saw her live and it's great that fire was even stronger at EC.

Congratulations to team Russia, Finland and France on three spots for next Europeans. Hope to see more interesting skaters.

Congratulations to the youngest competitor, Katia Ryabova. 7th place in SP is quite an achievement.

And last but not least: congratulations to all the ladies - who did their best to make the competitions much more thrilling than some people predicted :).

lzxnl

Final Flight
Congratulations to Sofia - the only Russian lady who got lower PCS at RusNat than at international competition ;) (but seriously, she was usually so much underscored in PCS, I'm glad not this time).
Congratulations to Alina - silver is almost as beautiful as gold (I know, Olympic champion expectations etc. But OGM Yuzuru Hanyu is only a silver medalist of 4CC... and still alive ;)).
Congratulations to Viveca. She was on fire in Helsinki where I saw her live and it's great that fire was even stronger at EC.

Congratulations to team Russia, Finland and France on three spots for next Europeans. Hope to see more interesting skaters.

Congratulations to the youngest competitor, Katia Ryabova. 7th place in SP is quite an achievement.

And last but not least: congratulations to all the ladies - who did their best to make the competitions much more thrilling than some people predicted :).

The difference is, 4CC in the men's field is essentially a Worlds rehearsal (minus Javier) if everyone shows up. Europeans in the ladies field cannot claim to be as competitive.

Sofia skated very well; shame on the 3Lz edge though. I liked her hand movements and her flair. I don't have any explanation for Alina that you guys haven't heard yet.

4CC is suddenly looking VERY interesting.

Country
Norway
Just finished watching the two last group, and oh my god, what an event! That was so thrilling, and I might think this is one of the best FS I have watched so far.

I don´t know really where to begin, but almost everyone in the 2 last groups had a really nice skate, both in program, costume and not making to many mistakes. I think they can all be proud of themself. All of them fighting!

Tough skate for Alina, but silver is still really good. But Sofias gold was so deserved. I mean, how does she have the nerve after Alinas skate, she pretty much knows that she can skate for gold, that performance was terrific, really have nothing to take her on. Oh my, that was really beautiful, and the crowd was amazing, and Sofias reaction afterwards was so nice. So happy!

Also very thrilled for Vivecas bronze, that was some strong performance, I love the program and she has been strong. Happy for her! That must be a good achievement after not being send to the olympics!

Oh what a event, I will rewatch it the next day!

binky

Rinkside
samodurova - oh my gosh what terrible music and was ther any coreography aside from arm waving? shes great but could use a program make over . this music is impossible! what is it?

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I love Mishin reaction! His skater blows the roof of the place and nods in approval.

The Mishin Nod is worth gold! :biggrin:

I'll never forget the first time I watched Plushy's FS at 2004 Nats on Youtube (which IMO is the best skate of ALL TIME) and all Mishin did was give a little nod :laugh: I would have been screaming.

On topic I couldn't watch the Ladies live so as soon as I woke up this morning I watched Alina - because my phone suggested it and then Sofia and Katia Rybova.

Sofia was awesome! I'm so happy for her!