2019 Four Continents Men's Free Skate | Page 41 | Golden Skate

2019 Four Continents Men's Free Skate

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I've got my tin hat on people and I'm going to rant.
Who should have lead in the SP? Boyang.
Who should be leading now? Boyang.

If the tech controller had not just woken up 30 minutes ago, we could have had a more accurate podium. Boyang, Shoma, Keegan.
Stepping off my box, and going to drink (another) tall Yuzu-cocktail. ;)

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Lots of room to grow, but I like the new program for Jin.

Congratulations to the medalists!

oly2018

Final Flight
People saying Junhwan doesn't have artistry haven't seen some of his gala programs is all I can say :coffee:

I can't speak for everyone else, but that is kind of my point. I am using his galas as a reference point and those are some of my favorite gala performances. He really just goes for it in the gala, but I don't think it is quite the same in competition. Understandable, but I think it is a fair criticism. We just know he is capable of more.

s_parks

Record Breaker
People saying Junhwan doesn't have artistry haven't seen some of his gala programs is all I can say :coffee:

If he doesn't have artistry, a lot of the other skaters are going to have to hear downright insults. Like, I'm sorry, where were you at 17, being adult Takahashi or something?

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Well deserved gold for Shoma!:luv17:

Happy that Vincent could medal here and Boyang was great as well!

lady_bee

Medalist
Thanks, Japanese interpreter is much better today, though I don't think she is a Japanese(It was a Japanese woman yesterday.)

s_parks

Record Breaker
I have zero qualms specifically about the URs that Jun got, but the calls here have been very uneven in general. Not surprised, but it's ridiculous. Be harsh, but do it like you're at least trying to be objective.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I've got my tin hat on people and I'm going to rant.
Who should have lead in the SP? Boyang.
Who should be leading now? Boyang.

If the tech controller had not just woken up 30 minutes ago, we could have had a more accurate podium. Boyang, Shoma, Keegan.
Stepping off my box, and going to drink (another) tall Yuzu-cocktail. ;)

Preach honestly. It was like tech panel heard about the outrage and did a light switch today in their room, bc yesterday they called in darkness...

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Yes! ������❤️ Shoma wins with watered down content. Perhaps a good Strategy? Let‘s See.

SNAKSuyun

did it spark joy?
On the Ice
Country
China
I'm not that upset about Shoma winning considering his great skate today, but we could slice off some of his inflated GOEs and he could still win...

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Preach honestly. It was like tech panel heard about the outrage and did a light switch today in their room, bc yesterday they called in darkness...

I mean, even though they called some of the top guys today, Shoma's 4F looked a long way from rotated, and it still got a pass. -Gotta hand it to Shoma though, he gave it his ALL. Loved the fight he gave, all the way till the end.
My beef is with the Tech Panel who is either absent, or inconsistent. :devil: Looks in the mirror, oh, my tin hat has cute horns on.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Well.. I'm happy for Keegan getting something.

The panels are like night and day between the SP and FP. I think it sends a hopelessly mixed message to skaters with UR problems.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I wanted Keegan on the podium...oh well...at least the whole group skated well!:biggrin: Congrats to them all!

Keegan shone so brightly today! He embodies a true to the core performer's soul, committment to entertainment like Javier did always for me. There is a focus in executing, but he never lets down the smile, attitude, character and openess for the people down.

Last edited:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
And now I need to get out of my room and enjoy the not-so-clear Seoul air, thank you all for keeping me company and making me laugh. Hopefully see you at the FD, I really hope I can wake up and not sleep through the alarm again