2019 Four Continents Pairs Short Program | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2019 Four Continents Pairs Short Program

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I have to say, Michael CAME THRU in this season like a champ, he looks just much more confident, secure, effective as performer.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow, first place!

Ha, Michael asked if they get a small medal.

I can't imagine them staying ahead of Sui/Han, but they've got about five points up on Peng/Jin that will be very useful in the fight for silver.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Ones that meet the minimum score, I’m guessing? Doesn’t Japan currently have two pair teams?

Yes, Japan's other pair team (Miura/Ichihashi) are entered into junior worlds. But I think they had to withdraw from December nationals with injury.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That was a really enjoyable competition. It may have been a small field, but it was a quality field.

And there are groups of skaters with scores that are very close, so there is plenty of room for movement.

All of which makes for a very exciting FS! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Just a pity that I have to wait to see it!

CaroLiza_fan

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Kirsten and Michael and their best SP ever! That throw and those spins were a thing of beauty.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Not sure in what bizzaro world K/M beat S/H in any competition. :slink:

I mean, I prefer Sui/Han's SP more, but I can't deny that today was rough rendition of it with fall while Canadians really get everything technically in order, looked just more sharp. Also, the program may be a snooze for some, but it is a pretty snooze showing them off nicely.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Scary moment in that lift, but they saved it. I'm impressed. And a very nice performance too!

Ehhh, that’s just typical Mike, though. I’m used to watching them skate with alarms going off and the fear of god in my mind, especially since the time he dropped her on the twist a few seasons back at nationals.