2019 Four Continents Pairs Short Program | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2019 Four Continents Pairs Short Program

Roo87

Medalist
*rubs hands together* Man, it’s been a while since I’ve seen these pesky Canadian-causing wuzzrobbing wrestling matches, post event. I’ll prepare the jello.

lol right? Kaetlyn not skating this season has saved me many posts. M/M-T were the clear leaders here, geesh.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I’m impressed this thread got to sixteen pages, especially since there were only eight teams.

You were part of it, 'nuf said. 2 pages per team, a bit of about outfits, something about technique, 25 percent about bitching over announcers, something-something already about RD, Poles about timezones, pronounciation of Matej Bidar, you name it - it was there:laugh:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Ehhh, that’s just typical Mike, though. I’m used to watching them skate with alarms going off and the fear of god in my mind, especially since the time he dropped her on the twist a few seasons back at nationals.

That was here in Halifax, Sarah, and when I spoke to her post, I told her, "You're Tough!". Michael as a partner, has come sooo far and she lands everything like a Cat. A Persian with pizazz!

gold12345

Medalist
This team has so much promise, but he has got to hit the weight room.

Their lifts and the twist could be improved by miles if he were stronger.

Cain is the tallest pair girl on the circuit. Most girls that tall don't ever make it as Senior level pair skaters. I'm not expecting miracles with their twist, lifts, or throws. I think it's highly impressive LeDuc is capable of skating with her at all without getting any sort of chronic injury. And he actually used to be leaner than he already is, so much so that I was very surprised to hear he paired up with Cain. His previous partner was much shorter, and he still didn't have the easiest time throwing and lifting her. He seems to have bulked up quite a bit since. But he has more of a leaner body type to begin with.

rain

Record Breaker
lol right? Kaetlyn not skating this season has saved me many posts. M/M-T were the clear leaders here, geesh.

I agree. I thought they should have been at least a couple of points clear of S/H (much as I love and adore S/H, but that was a HARD fall). Also, the last three years I've been in love with S/H's short programs, but this one is a bit of a miss for me. Love the lift, but the rest of it just isn't that special.

Really hoping M-T/M aren't too rattles by being in first and can nail the LP. I'd love to see them on the podium.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Still think any artist who slows down Billie Jean down to a slow sad sucky song should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

So I guess this would be a bad time to say that something about this version appeals to me? LOL

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO - Great short program for them! Nice to see them in first. Not sure why C/L got some of the deductions they did.......a little ticked that they are behind teams that had obvious falls and deductions.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

They barely edged sui and han who made a major mistake. It is almost a tie. But I agree they shoudl be first.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
This team has so much promise, but he has got to hit the weight room.

Their lifts and the twist could be improved by miles if he were stronger.

He and Michael Marinaro both need to bulk up on top of good technique.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Caught up, short thoughts:

- Sui/Han. Her injury is clearly affecting them still, the fall aside (I was surprised it didn't even get a < though) it didn't have the depth that they are known for. Sure, their throw is still superb, their lift is amazing, and they have the best flow across the ice, but an air of cautiousness could be felt throughout the performance (and maybe it was the angle, but their twist seemed slightly lower than what I remember). It could be that I just don't like the music much, but I miss Hallelujah and its breathtaking depth of emotion. Let's see how they do in the free, hope to be mesmerized again.

- Peng/Jin. I love that Ophelia short but that wasn't their best... Peng Cheng not blowing kisses to the judges made me sad, don't they usually throw salchows? :sad4: Hope they rebound in the free, I wanted a fierce battle between the Chinese team.

- M-T/M. Their best skate of this season, methinks. And finally their twist didn't scare me! The program is kinda bland tbh, but they did a great job with it.

- Cain/Leduc. Good skate, their step sequence is delightful to watch and nice SBS loops (although it did get a <). I'm glad to see they're doing well after that nasty accident, but I can't help get a bit nervous whenever they do a lift...

- Kayne/O'Shea. Nice job, didn't feel much from the program (it was kinda like M-T/M's program, just soft lyrical music with gentle choreo) but overall nice to watch.

- Denny/Frasier. Let MJ and MJ only sing Billie Jean... Horrendous music aside, I just don't like the program, it feels empty and emotionless. Nice twist though, best among the US teams.

- Walsh/Michaud. Their twist is still scary, but I like their young-and-fresh feel. Wishing them another great skate like at Canadian Nationals (with a better twist, if I may hope).

- Ruest/Wolfe. Wobbly twist, but the landing wasn't scary as I remembered thank goodness. But clearly not their best skate...