2019 Italian Figure Skating Championships | Golden Skate

2019 Italian Figure Skating Championships

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
It will be interesting to see what may happen between the ladies, this year a lot of girls can score in the same range and win the nationals.

Actually, without Caro, if we see only the scores then Beccari seem the favorite, but Lucrezia can't be at the Senior Europeans. Italy need two ladies for that competition and one for the J.Worlds. We still don't know if Caro will be back in time.

Without Caro, the one that will won the championships may better be a recognized senior, like Rodeghiero, at least that's what i feel it may be the fed's thought.

On the men side, it's more a competition between Grassl and Rizzo for the gold. Italy has two spots for the Senior Europeans, one for the Worlds, two for the J.Worlds.
Grassl aside, the other junior i think it will be Frangipani. He did good on its last competitions.

Pairs and Dance... there's actually no competition between them, everything is already settled.
Italy has three spots for both, at the Europeans, but we'll also probably see just three pairs and there's too much difference between Della Monica/Guarise, Guignard/Fabbri and the others.

Sk8swan

On the Ice
http://www.fisg.it/upload/result/47...5-GrgcPy5YdAbuwaQCBtdTa0zQuZHCx1otDioUWz2Iihs starting orders are now out!
This year I'm personally interested in how the junior pairs will do, we never had so many junior pairs before! I'm specially looking for Fiori & Mascia who have won the 2018 World Junior Silver medal in pair roller skating just a few months ago! They have basically switched their training from floor to the ice on and off lately!

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
:shame:

I was almost sure to have see Marco on the junior pairs and Maurizio on the men... oh well, sorry :scratch2:

icetug

Medalist
Just wonder what happens if Lucrezia wins senior competition and Marina junior, with higher scores than Lucrezia (what happened recently). None of them can go to senior championships as they don't have senior TES (and only Marina is age eligible). Which of them will be sent to JWC?

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Hello, everyone. Since the Nationals Game has undergone last-minute drastic format change and now it will consist only of the Big 4 Nationals (USA, Canada, Russia and Japan) and since some of you were interested in participating in the extended format that included also the smaller federations (this year it was going to be 4 Nationals, Italian and South Korean championships), I thought that just for fun we could organize some sort of prediction game regarding those three federations with the difference that the results will not sum up to the Nationals Game, they won't be published anywhere else outside the respective championships threads and there will be no prize for the winners except for personal satisfaction. I will score all the disciplines and then publish the results.

Here is the thread where you can make your predictions for the Italian Nationals (adaptation of CaroLiza_fan's original prediction game post).

Entries/Results Page: http://www.fisg.it/upload/result/47...5-GrgcPy5YdAbuwaQCBtdTa0zQuZHCx1otDioUWz2Iihs

The competitions start on 15th December 2018 at 18:00 CET (17:00 GMT) with the Rhythm Dance.

So, the target time to get your predictions in is 1 hour before that, i.e. 17:00 CET (16:00 GMT)

If you need any help working out what time this is where you are, here is the Time Converter that Mrs. P has been very kindly directing us to the past few years.

Since there are only 2 entries in Pairs category, we'll only predict results for Ladies, Men and Ice Dance and the rules will be the same as for the GP Prediction Game. And although only the Top 5 will be scored, you are advised to include at least 6 skaters in your predictions lists for each discipline. The remaining skaters will be alternates in case any of the skaters you pick for your Top 5 withdraws or can't compete at the last minute.

Entries:

ICE DANCE:
1. Giada RUSSO / Jaime GARCIA
2. Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI
3. Jasmine TESSARI / Francesco FIORETTI
4. Carolina MOSCHENI / Andrea FABBRI
5. Chiara CALDERONE / Pietro PAPETTI
6. Steffi VALERSI / Aleksandr VASILETS

LADIES:
1. Elettra Maria OLIVOTTO
2. Lucrezia BECCARI
3. Micol CRISTINI
4. Roberta RODEGHIERO
5. Elisabetta LECCARDI
6. Lara Naki GUTMANN
7. Chenny PAOLUCCI
8. Sara CONTI
9. Lucrezia GENNARO
10. Alessia TORNAGHI
11. Anna MEMOLA
12. Delia PAPARELLA

MEN:
1. Daniel GRASSL
2. Alberto VANZ
3. Mattia DALLA TORRE
4. Marco ZANDRON
5. Nicolo' CAFARO
6. Alessandro FADINI
7. Matteo RIZZO
8. Jari KESSLER

Let the fun begin :)

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Hello, everyone. Since the Nationals Game has undergone last-minute drastic format change and now it will consist only of the Big 4 Nationals (USA, Canada, Russia and Japan) and since some of you were interested in participating in the extended format that included also the smaller federations (this year it was going to be 4 Nationals, Italian and South Korean championships), I thought that just for fun we could organize some sort of prediction game regarding those three federations with the difference that the results will not sum up to the Nationals Game, they won't be published anywhere else outside the respective championships threads and there will be no prize for the winners except for personal satisfaction. I will score all the disciplines and then publish the results.

Cool :thumbsup: French nationals can be included too. There are enough participants per discipline i think.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Cool :thumbsup: French nationals can be included too. There are enough participants per discipline i think.

4 Nationals, Italian Nationals and South Korean Championships were initially going to be included in the Nationals Game. However, since this has been reduced only to Big 4, the smaller federations will have their predictions in their respective threads. Since I will be scoring all the disciplines in both 4 Nationals and Italian Championships, we would have to find a volunteer to supervise the French Nationals. Maybe finally nobody participates in either of "my" championships and I could perfectly score French nationals, but we won't know until the last moment. So if someone takes care of the last-minute French Nationals Game, I will surely participate. I can even prepare the announcement thread, but I would rather do so knowing there will be someone scoring :)

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
4 Nationals, Italian Nationals and South Korean Championships were initially going to be included in the Nationals Game. However, since this has been reduced only to Big 4, the smaller federations will have their predictions in their respective threads. Since I will be scoring all the disciplines in both 4 Nationals and Italian Championships, we would have to find a volunteer to supervise the French Nationals. Maybe finally nobody participates in either of "my" championships and I could perfectly score French nationals, but we won't know until the last moment. So if someone takes care of the last-minute French Nationals Game, I will surely participate. I can even prepare the announcement thread, but I would rather do so knowing there will be someone scoring :)

I can surely help with scoring, so PM me if you need help ;)

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i'm not able to stop myself tonight :biggrin:

ladies

1. Roberta RODEGHIERO
2. Lucrezia BECCARI
3. Micol CRISTINI
4. Sara CONTI
5. Alessia TORNAGHI
6. Lara Naki GUTMANN

men

1. Matteo RIZZO
2. Daniel GRASSL
3. Mattia DALLA TORRE
4. Alessandro FADINI
5. Marco ZANDRON
6. Jari KESSLER

dance

1. Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI
2. Jasmine TESSARI / Francesco FIORETTI
3. Giada RUSSO / Jaime GARCIA
4. Carolina MOSCHENI / Andrea FABBRI
5. Chiara CALDERONE / Pietro PAPETTI

where is frangipani?

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Oh, that's perfect. I will PM you with the scoring details and start preparing the French Nationals Game announcement.

Are we gonna add French Nationals to those 3 and calculate the total score from all four national championship at the end or..? (we can call it 'Smaller 4' or 'Not so Big 4' :biggrin:)

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
where is frangipani?
junior

Just wonder what happens if Lucrezia wins senior competition and Marina junior, with higher scores than Lucrezia (what happened recently). None of them can go to senior championships as they don't have senior TES (and only Marina is age eligible). Which of them will be sent to JWC?

Interesting question, but as we are talking about nationals, i'm expecting to see more PCS for the better seniors, than Marina on the junior event. If Lucrezia will going to get a lower score than Marina, regardless of that, then someone else, like Roberta, will likely going to win the senior event.
Because of this, i'm expecting to see an higher score for Lucrezia, and see her at the JWC.

Anyway, there's also the possibility to see one of them at the European Youth Olympic Festival, and the other at the JWC.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
My pick on this:

ICE DANCE:
1. Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI
2. Jasmine TESSARI / Francesco FIORETTI
3. Carolina MOSCHENI / Andrea FABBRI
4. Chiara CALDERONE / Pietro PAPETTI
5. Giada RUSSO / Jaime GARCIA

LADIES:
1. Roberta RODEGHIERO
2. Lucrezia BECCARI
3. Alessia TORNAGHI
4. Lucrezia GENNARO
5. Sara CONTI
6. Lara Naki GUTMANN

MEN:
1. Daniel GRASSL
2. Matteo RIZZO
3. Alessandro FADINI
4. Mattia DALLA TORRE
5. Marco ZANDRON
6. Jari KESSLER

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Are we gonna add French Nationals to those 3 and calculate the total score from all four national championship at the end or..? (we can call it 'Smaller 4' or 'Not so Big 4' :biggrin:)

I guess so. I'll prepare a Google spreadsheet similar to the one CaroLiza_fan uses for the official competitions and provide a link to it in each country's thread so that you'll know the overall situation. Since it's a sort of clandestine Prediction Game and there will be no separate thread for it, forgive if in the following two or three days somewhere between the general discussion suddenly pop up prediction posts.

And the official name of the game will be "Not so Big 4. Smaller Nationals Predictions Game" :)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
where is frangipani?

Probably having a wee strop.

Sorry, but I don't like him. And I don't think I ever will.

The first time I saw him was at the 2015 Lombardia Trophy, and he had a proper tantrum when waiting for his FS results. And that really put me off him.

Here is what I wrote at the time:

Lombardia Trophy (17–20 Sep. 2015)

Gabriele FRANGIPANI was the second guy wearing a bow tie (this time tied) and the second guy to catch me out with a change of music

I wonder if there is a correllation between music and bow ties?

Strange towards the end of the routine. He fell, and then was wandering around lost like Wakababy. Then he started again for the last wee bit.

When he got to the sofa, he immediately started taking his shirt off. And he was really losing his temper. He tried to leave a few times, and his coach had to keep dragging him back. And he was still losing his temper!

He finally did get away as soon as the scores were announced.

Not a very good way to react when cameras are filming it and it is being streamed around the world!

CaroLiza_fan

And here are some references I made to it during other competitions that same season:

Denkova Staviski Cup (20–25 Oct. 2015)

Mind you, I think the live scoring has given up the ghost as well, as none of Group 2 have got scores listed. Let's face it, they are bound to be nearly finished the group by now!

(Would it be bad of me to admit that I really wanted to watch Gabriele FRANGIPANI purely to see if he had another hissy fit like he did after his Lombardia FS? Talk about a tantrum! :drama: )

Merano Cup (12–15 Nov. 2015)

Other names that jumped out at me are:

Novice Boys – Gabriele FRANGIPANI (the guy who started stripping and really losing his temper while waiting for his results in the Lombardia FS)

Italian Championships (16–19 Dec. 2015)

Oh, Simone Cervi walked away in frustration in the middle of his scores being announced, leaving his coaches behind!

Reminds me of the strop that Gabriele FRANGIPANI had when waiting for his scores during the Lombardia FS.

Oh, guess what! Gabriele is 2nd to go in this group!

This could be entertaining! :popcorn:

CaroLiza_fan

I know that was 3 years ago, and he has probably grown up a lot since then. But, I just can't get past that behaviour. I didn't think I was the sort of person for whom first impressions mattered, but he made such a bad first impression on me that I just can't take to him.

CaroLiza_fan