2019 Italian Figure Skating Championships | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2019 Italian Figure Skating Championships

Weathergal

Medalist
3/4 Not so Big 4 Prediction Game standings

Hello, everyone. Now, that all three events forming part of the Not so Big 4 Prediction Game are over, below please find the ranking before the last nationals, i.e. the Korean Championships:

Leader with 510 points: SnowWhite

Vice-Leader with 470 points: Mohacz :)dance2::cheer::party2:) and elektra blue

Almost Vice-leader with 465 points: Baron Vladimir

Congratulations to the leaders and big thanks to every person who decided to participate in this last-minute and not so prestigious game :) I hope you had fun and you'll return to participate in the last event. Just in case, a few days before it starts, I will send you reminders.

Hi Mohacz, could you please tell me why none of my Italian predictions were scored? Thx

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Hi Mohacz, could you please tell me why none of my Italian predictions were scored? Thx

Upssssss!!!! :scratch3::scratch3::scratch3:

I've just checked and it results that I haven't copied your predictions!!!!! What a shame! I'm so sorry!!!

I've already included your scores and the landscape has changed a little with your results:

Ladies: you gained 25 points and silver medal and moved those that had originally obtained bronze medal off the podium (Baron Vladimir, Mohacz and npavel).

Men: you gained 60 points and extended the group of bronze medalists.

Ice dance: perfect 75 and joined the group of gold medalists.

Italian Hall of Fame: with 160 points you gained silver medal and moved off the podium those that had bronze (Baron Vladimir and npavel)

3/4 not so Big 4 standings: with 510 points you are co-leader with SnowWhite - big congratulations!!!!

I will now update all the results announcements with your results.

Once more, I am really sorry. As some little justification, I can say that there were a lot of different pages to navigate between the last few days and I considered it a mircale there were no mistakes. Well, apparently there was one and quite a big one :(

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
When Matteo heard the results he raised his hand to the scores, stood up and went away. Daddy tried to stop him, but couldn't.

I've just saw the video. The behaviour simply shameful and disrespectful.

BTW, was it Ondrej Hotarek in the K&C? Does he dedicate to coaching now?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I've just saw the video. The behaviour simply shameful and disrespectful.

BTW, was it Ondrej Hotarek in the K&C? Does he dedicate to coaching now?

It was Ondrej. And looks like he indeed does coaching now...

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Indeed, very mature behaviour... I wonder how he'll behave during the medal ceremony.

I just saw the competition and judges did no wrong here, Daniel Grassl has the technical abilities to compete with the top skaters, i'd come out and say that jumps wise is already more consistent than most of the Russians, and he can aim at higher components than what he's getting now.

The growth in just a year has been really impressive, i remember him last year in the Junior Grand Prix and he had problems even with the 3A, now he's jumping quad lutzes.

As for Matteo i've already said at Lombardia Trophy, i'm not a huge fan of his programs, i think they can do a lot more with him and even technically when you only have one quad you need to nail it.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
It sounds to me like Matteo's skate was classic Matteo. How many times last year did he skate clean in the senior international fields where he had no chance of winning? And then muck up when something was on the line in juniors and he should have been in the running for gold?

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
It sounds to me like Matteo's skate was classic Matteo. How many times last year did he skate clean in the senior international fields where he had no chance of winning? And then muck up when something was on the line in juniors and he should have been in the running for gold?

Last year he was fairly consistent, in line with this season.

The problem is that you can tell judges are not going to throw huge marks for him even when he skates clean because for now it lacks the wow factor a little, that's why i think he needs some new fresh take with his programs and to spend more time working on skating skills and performance.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Last season he had three junior events. The only one that was bad was his first JGP, which last ~1 week after he got an Olympic spot at Nebelhorn - not exactly unreasonable to be a bit tired after that imo, since Nebelhorn was clearly the priority. He won the 2nd JGP. Then JW wasn't his best, I guess that's what you're referring to. But while most of the boys there were just training for JW, Matteo did Euros then went to the Olympics and skated 4 programs. Then went to JW a couple of weeks later. So I don't really find that to be a fair criticism. He did medal after all.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I just saw the competition and judges did no wrong here, Daniel Grassl has the technical abilities to compete with the top skaters, i'd come out and say that jumps wise is already more consistent than most of the Russians, and he can aim at higher components than what he's getting now.

I watched both Matteo and Daniel in the free, and Grassl was definitely better this time.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Last year he was fairly consistent, in line with this season.

The problem is that you can tell judges are not going to throw huge marks for him even when he skates clean because for now it lacks the wow factor a little, that's why i think he needs some new fresh take with his programs and to spend more time working on skating skills and performance.

he should also ditch vintage programs before D&G hire him for a commercial :laugh:

Sk8swan

On the Ice
'FISG - Federazione Italiana Sport del ghiaccio' youtube page is now uploading videos of single programs from Italian Nationals.

Weathergal

Medalist
Upssssss!!!! :scratch3::scratch3::scratch3:

I've just checked and it results that I haven't copied your predictions!!!!! What a shame! I'm so sorry!!!

I've already included your scores and the landscape has changed a little with your results:

Ladies: you gained 25 points and silver medal and moved those that had originally obtained bronze medal off the podium (Baron Vladimir, Mohacz and npavel).

Men: you gained 60 points and extended the group of bronze medalists.

Ice dance: perfect 75 and joined the group of gold medalists.

Italian Hall of Fame: with 160 points you gained silver medal and moved off the podium those that had bronze (Baron Vladimir and npavel)

3/4 not so Big 4 standings: with 510 points you are co-leader with SnowWhite - big congratulations!!!!

I will now update all the results announcements with your results.

Once more, I am really sorry. As some little justification, I can say that there were a lot of different pages to navigate between the last few days and I considered it a mircale there were no mistakes. Well, apparently there was one and quite a big one :(

Please no apologies needed -- I was just so confused and a little bummed because I enjoy playing the predictions games so much. And the Nationals game is one I particularly enjoy. I think CaroLiza_fan's enthusiam got me inspired, too! One of the things I like about it is the smaller Nats because I enjoy learning more about the smaller feds and discovering new skaters. So I especially appreciate you organizing the Not So Big 4! Also I'm a scorer, too, so I know how easy it can be to miss something.

Looking forward to Japanese and Russian Nats this weekend!

:thank:

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Not so Big 4 Nationals Predictions Game - Final Results

With the conclusion of the Korean Championships we have also finalized our very humble Not so Big 4 Nationals Predictions Game. Although it was quite improvised, announced last minute and with very few participants (in total there were 10 of us, with the average of 7 per championships), I hope those who decided to join the game are satisfied and enjoyed predicting the results.

After summing up all the points, the Not so Big 4 podium is as follows:

Gold medal with 605 points: SnowWhite :points::cheer::medal":party::party2::hb:

Silver medal with 595 points: Weathergal

Bronze medal with 575 points: Mohacz

As regards individual categories, the winners are the following:

MEN

Gold medal with 220 points: SnowWhite

Silver medal with 210 points: Baron Vladimir and Weathergal

Bronze medal with 205 points: Mohacz

LADIES

Gold medal with 140 points: Weathergal

Silver medal with 210 points: Baron Vladimir, Mohacz and SnowWhite

Bronze medal with 205 points: Spirals for Miles

PAIRS

Pairs competition was only scored at the French Nationals, so the results come only from this one competition and all the participants won either gold or silver medal :)

Gold medal with 45 points: elektra blue, Mohacz, SnowWhite, vesperalvioletta and Weathergal

Silver medal with 15 points: Baron Vladimir and Spirals for Miles

ICE DANCE

Gold medal with 205 points: SnowWhite

Silver medal with 200 points: Weathergal

Bronze medal with 190 points: Baron Vladimir and Mohacz

Congratulations to the winners and big thanks to all the participants. It was really fun following and scoring these events. I hope next year you'll repeat the experience and there will be more players eager to join us :)

All the results are already available in the Google Spreadsheet that can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...lR6IHvFZy7iLqJE_LJfp0QSUo/edit#gid=1482310764