2019 The Nordics Open | Golden Skate

2019 The Nordics Open

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Team Finland (all 3 Lindfors are siblings):
Does anyone know why Linnea Ceder is not on the team? Was her good result at Mentor Torun coup compared to some others too late?

Senior ladies:

Viveca Lindfors
Emmi Peltonen
Jenni Saarinen
Vera Stolt
Sofia Sula

Senior men:

Roman Galay
Benjam Papp

Junior ladies:

Laura Karhunen
Fanny Lindfors
Selma Välitalo
Mai Helske

Junior men:

Lauri Lankila
Lucas Tiilikainen
Nuutti Järvinen
Makar Suntsev
Warttu Riihimäki
Toivo Kokk

Novice girls:

Olivia Lisko
Janni Riekkinen
Olivia Hentunen
Janna Jyrkinen

Novice boys:

Matias Lindfors
Jari Krestyannikov

Substitutes:

Senior ladies:

Laura Karhunen
Hanna Kiviniemi
Oona Ounasvuori

Junior ladies:

Enja Ruokonen
Melina Brusi
Vilma Leppänen

Novice girls:
Yulia Fedorova
Edith Mattila
Nella Pelkonen

https://www.stll.fi/2019/01/14/pm-joukkue-on-nimetty-3/

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Pretty good starting field I think :)

Participants
Schedule
Colored Time Schedule
Entries/Results

Free Live stream

SENIOR MEN
Nikolaj MøLGAARD PEDERSEN DEN
Daniel-Albert NAURITS EST
Aleksandr SELVENKO EST
Roman GALAY FIN
Luc ECONOMIDES FRA

Sondre Oddvoll BØE NOR
Alexander MAJOROV SWE
Mikael NORDEBÄCK SWE

Illya SOLOMIN SWE

Natran TZAGAI SWE

Short program Saturday February 9, 18.50 (UTC +1) in other places
Free program Sunday February 10, 12.30 (UTC +1) in other places

Another chance for Sondre to get the world minimum tech score in the free :)
And for the Swedish guys to start chasing the minimum tech score for next Europeans. And for that matter also for worlds, with Alexander retiring.

SENIOR LADIES
Pernille SØRENSEN DEN
Josephine KÆRSGAARD DEN
Gerli LIINAMÄE EST
Viveca LINDFORS FIN
Emmi PELTONEN FIN
Jenni SAARINEN FIN
Vera STOLT FIN
Sofia Sula FIN
Eva Dogg SAEMUNDSDOTTIR ISL
Camilla GJERSEM NOR
Marianne STÅLEN NOR
Matilda ALGOTSSON SWE
Elin HALLBERG SWE
Cassandra JOHANSSON SWE
Smilla SZALKAI SWE
Josefin TALJEGÅRD SWE

Short program Saturday February 9, 16.35 (UTC +1) in other places
Free program Sunday February 10, 9.45 (UTC +1) in other places

Country
Norway
Pretty good starting field I think :)

Participants
Schedule
Colored Time Schedule
Entries/Results

Free Live stream

SENIOR MEN
Nikolaj MøLGAARD PEDERSEN DEN
Daniel-Albert NAURITS EST
Aleksandr SELVENKO EST
Roman GALAY FIN
Luc ECONOMIDES FRA

Sondre Oddvoll BØE NOR
Alexander MAJOROV SWE
Mikael NORDEBÄCK SWE

Illya SOLOMIN SWE

Natran TZAGAI SWE

Short program Saturday February 9, 18.50 (UTC +1) in other places
Free program Sunday February 10, 12.30 (UTC +1) in other places

Another chance for Sondre to get the world minimum tech score in the free :)
And for the Swedish guys to start chasing the minimum tech score for next Europeans. And for that matter also for worlds, with Alexander retiring.

SENIOR LADIES
Pernille SØRENSEN DEN
Josephine KÆRSGAARD DEN
Gerli LIINAMÄE EST
Viveca LINDFORS FIN
Emmi PELTONEN FIN
Jenni SAARINEN FIN
Vera STOLT FIN
Sofia Sula FIN
Eva Dogg SAEMUNDSDOTTIR ISL
Camilla GJERSEM NOR
Marianne STÅLEN NOR
Matilda ALGOTSSON SWE
Elin HALLBERG SWE
Cassandra JOHANSSON SWE
Smilla SZALKAI SWE
Josefin TALJEGÅRD SWE

Short program Saturday February 9, 16.35 (UTC +1) in other places
Free program Sunday February 10, 9.45 (UTC +1) in other places

Indeed. He has 2 chances. The Nordics and a competition in Netherlands. I hope he manage to do it this time. I mean, if he doesn´t get it this time the next time will probably be very hard mentally, knowing it´s his only chance. And he has really come so far this season, so achieving this goal would mean a lot.

Also, he was really close in Euros, his single jump in the second combination might have been it (Not sure what jump he was planning, but he needed about 4 points). Edit: I checked his planned program, it was a double toeloop, so it would´nt have made a difference.

If he has a good program, i´m positive he will do it. Sondre has been on the news the last week due to his great achievement in Euros (the best Norwegian placement since 1993 I think), and he has been talking a lot about qualifying to worlds and how he is going to achieve it. He is planning on doing a more difficult program in the FS then in Euros. Not sure what, but he will replace some of the elements to have a higher BV. Having a higher BV seems smart as long as he can handle it (i´m guessing we will not expect triple axel yet). Because it´s better if he can have the room for some tiny mistakes, without having to have a absolutly flawless program with a lot of positive GOEs. But he still has to go quite clean I expect. Also, maybe the judges will give him better GOEs then in Euros (I don´t think they were unfair, but you know...)

So nice to see a free livestream btw, looking forward to the event, there will be a lot of interesting skaters for sure. It´s nice we will see Luc Economides again, he has a lot to prove after the Euros. Also it will be interesting to see Viveca after the bronze, maybe she got lot of confidence now. Also, will be nice to see new skaters, and who might be another candidate for next Euros for Sweden with Alexanders coming retirement.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Team Finland (all 3 Lindfors are siblings)

So not the usual then: girls figure skate and the brother plays hockey :) Fanny and Mattias must be really encouraged by Viveca’s success at Europeans. Good luck to all three!

Looks like Benjamin Papp(also member of a big skating family) has withdrawn.

Competitions have started with advanced novice girls.

Entries/Results

Live stream

Country
Norway
I´m enjoying very much watching the novice girls. I like that a lot of them have like Disney/fantasy music kind. This icelandic girl skated to Disney and she had like a small crown and princesslike dress. She was so smooth and elegant, really like a little (ice) princess :)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
oh yes, that's a pity that Viveca and Emmi aren't here. 4 other seniors though get the chance.

Country
Norway
Yes, other skaters will go instead. This also means that Camilla may have a fair chance medaling and getting some ranking points. Hope she is having a good skate after the one Euros...

Will be interesting to see the Lindfors siblings :)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Yes, other skaters will go instead. This also means that Camilla may have a fair chance medaling and getting some ranking points. Hope she is having a good skate after the one Euros...

Will be interesting to see the Lindfors siblings :)

Just saw somewhere that b-competitions don't count for rankings. But important for her is to get the minimum tech score for worlds, I think, 29/49.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Viveca had some back problems during Euros, so she probably will not take the risk. She also has to concentrate to school, I think, and she does not need to try get better SB (Finnish federation count Nordics and Nationals when they make selections) Emmi has never been interested in to take part at Nordics.

Finland probably makes decision to junior worlds based on results. If Nobody beats Linnea Ceder's SB, Linnea will go. Reason Linnea not to be there is of course EYOF.

Country
Norway
The finnish team is really strong. The future for Finland looks bright! I will take a break now before watching junior ladies. I´m also planning to see parts of the SP from senior ladies at the 4CC before I go to bed.:)

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Just saw somewhere that b-competitions don't count for rankings. But important for her is to get the minimum tech score for worlds, I think, 29/49.

Some B events do count for some World Ranking points (less than the Challenger series events). Just not Season Best scores.

ETA: not this one apparently.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
B events do count for some World Ranking points (less than the Challenger series events). Just not Season Best scores.

Depends on the event and whether it meets certain requirements set by the ISU. If it doesn't meet the criteria (such as min. # of participates/countries, etc.), then no ranking points are awarded.

The Nordics does not count for WR points per ISU Communication No. 1629 because it is a regional competition:

Regional International Competition (e.g. Nordics, Asian Winter Games etc.) or competitions, which are open only for special groups of skaters (e.g. Universiade, events with invitations only to designated Members (except the ISU Grand Prix events), etc.) will not count for the ISU World Standings/Season’s World Ranking (The International Competitions falling into this category will be identified in the Event Calendar published on the ISU website www.isu.org)

https://www.isu.org/inside-isu/isu-...ations/1625-1629-world-standing-sandp-id/file

Country
Norway
Depends on the event and whether it meets certain requirements set by the ISU. If it doesn't meet the criteria (such as min. # of participates/countries, etc.), then no ranking points are awarded.

The Nordics does not count for WR points per ISU Communication No. 1629 because it is a regional competition:

https://www.isu.org/inside-isu/isu-...ations/1625-1629-world-standing-sandp-id/file

Isn´t this competition a open competition? It´s after all called Nordics Open, and for example Luc Economides from France is competing. So it´s regional, but open, so which rules does apply?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Isn´t this competition a open competition? It´s after all called Nordics Open, and for example Luc Economides from France is competing. So it´s regional, but open, so which rules does apply?

As long as it is open and not exclusive to certain countries and meet the other requirements, then it should count for points as long as the French skater doesn't withdraw.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Finnish junior ladies have a real battle of the place at junior Worlds. Also junior aged ladies competing at seniors, Sofia and Vera, can try to get that place, they just need to get 3 points more than skaters competing at juniors (143,81 is now the leading score). In fact Emmi is leading the list, but she has not been competing at juniors during last two years and does not want to, so I don't count her result. They are very close each other already before, so it may be really tiny difference which counts. I am not sure if this the right system, but I think there have never before been so many skaters who are so equal.

Country
Norway
Finnish junior ladies have a real battle of the place at junior Worlds. Also junior aged ladies competing at seniors, Sofia and Vera, can try to get that place, they just need to get 3 points more than skaters competing at juniors (143,81 is now the leading score). In fact Emmi is leading the list, but she has not been competing at juniors during last two years and does not want to, so I don't count her result. They are very close each other already before, so it may be really tiny difference which counts. I am not sure if this the right system, but I think there have never before been so many skaters who are so equal.

What is the tech minimum for junior worlds?