2 Daniel SEIDEL SWE 147.12 (1 2)
3 Lucas TIILIKAINEN FIN 113.35 (7 3)

1 Selma VÄLITALO FIN 139.30 (1 2)
2 Emelie NORDQVIST SWE 137.01 (3 1)
3 Laura KARHUNEN FIN 134.66 (2 4)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
As long as it is open and not exclusive to certain countries and meet the other requirements, then it should count for points as long as the French skater doesn't withdraw.

Looks like Luc has withdrawn. But there are also two guys and one woman from Estonia competing.

Whatever the rules for world ranking and/or seasons best; I’m confident that this competition is valid for earning minimum tech scores :)

So GO Sondre, Camilla, Matilda and others who needs it for worlds and/or europeans :thumbsup:

Live stream

Ladies starts now.

Warm-Up Group 1

1 Elin HALLBERG SWE
2 Smilla SZALKAI SWE
3 Pernille SØRENSEN DEN
4 Sofia SULA FIN
5 Eva Dögg SAEMUNDSDOTTIR ISL

Warm-Up Group 2
6 Gerli LIINAMÄE EST
7 Camilla GJERSEM NOR
8 Josephine KÆRSGAARD DEN
9 Cassandra JOHANSSON SWE
10 Matilda ALGOTSSON SWE

Warm-Up Group 3

11 Jenni SAARINEN FIN
12 Vera STOLT FIN
13 Josefin TALJEGÅRD SWE
14 Marianne STÅLEN NOR
15 Hanna KIVINIEMI FIN

Men starts in about 2 hours

Warm-up Group1
1 Roman GALAY FIN
2 Alexander MAJOROV SWE
3 Sondre Oddvoll BØE NOR
4 Daniel-Albert NAURITS EST
5 Aleksandr SELEVKO EST

Warm-Up Group 2
7 Daniel ENGELSONS SWE
8 Natran TZAGAI SWE
9 Mikael NORDEBÄCK SWE
10 Illya SOLOMIN SWE

Country
Norway
Right, so the senior ladies event is very open, with this scores. Jenni Saarinen has a very good chance getting at the podium now I would say, but I don´t know anything about her form. I would say in theory about 10 people could podium, so the free skate tomorrow will obviously be very interesting, with the ones having a very good FS to podium. And the scores will be very close like today.

Very sad about Matilda, I feel so sorry for her. Like popping that first jump and then the combo.... Oh dear. I was actually counting her to maybe podium, but now I think that won´t happen. Except that, very strong from the swedish team. Taljegård got really good PCS-scores!

I also expected Pernille Sørensen to do better, she has had some really good competitions lately, and has allready qualified for world. But I have to say, honestly, she is a nice skater but I find the SP a bit boring..

Very happy that Camilla had a good skate after the one in Euro, I think this is important for the confidence. Score is pretty close to her PB, but also this time she is missing the tech score for WC by about 1 point. I´m looking forward to the FS, she has a new dress and her program is very elegant.

Now Sondre, slay it! The first group is strong. Will be interesting seeing a lot of new swedish skaters (for me) in the second group.

Country
Norway
Dear god, I didn´t expect both Alexander and Aleksandr to have bad skates. Poor Alex, being in the homeland and all. I just checked his scores on rinkresults and he hasn´t had that bad result since Finlandia Trophy 2016. Hope he didn´t hurt his arm badly btw. Looked like Roman landed his triple axel, but he didn´t look so pleased with himself afterwards. Also wondering what happend to Naurits. He can do better. Good effort from the other swedish guys! Tzagai is interesting!

BUT OH MY GOD SONDRE!!!! He is in first place and another PB. He didn´t need to have a good performance either, and then he just goes there and slay it once again! I didn´t expect this at all, this is so great!

I just hope this won´t be a problem considering that he needs a good FS. He will be the last one skating tomorrow so I hope this doesn´t effect his nerve, and that instead, it can give him the last confidence he needs for getting the score needed for WC. But Sondre really is in a good shape now! :love:

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I think Roman was not pleased because he ne would have needed 1 point more to reach minimum TES for WC. Instead of it in ladies Sofia Sula reached it, just by 0.04 points. She is not canditate for the spot, and has not yet FS minimum but worth of mention anyway.

Country
Norway
I think Roman was not pleased because he ne would have needed 1 point more to reach minimum TES for WC. Instead of it in ladies Sofia Sula reached it, just by 0.04 points. She is not canditate for the spot, and has not yet FS minimum but worth of mention anyway.

Oooh, I thought he had it already :/ That make much sense. But does any men skater in Finland have the TES for WC? Is Valter even skating anymore? I also noticed that another female finnish skater reached the score. But I guess it will be between Emmi and Viveca? And Viveca most probably. They have just one spot right?

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Valtter is skating at Bavarian open this weekend. He has both TES scores from last season, do they still count them?
Yes, only one spot in ladies and most probably Viveca, Emmi substitute 1. and Jenni Saarinen 2. based on sb list so far. Jenni has graduated from college on december and has been healthy, so I think she has good opportunity to win. At nationals she was 3. but beat Emmi in FS.

Country
Norway
Valtter is skating at Bavarian open this weekend. He has both TES scores from last season, do they still count them?

I´m not sure. I think it depends if it was late season or not and what competition. But don´t really know the rules.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yes, only one spot in ladies and most probably Viveca, Emmi substitute 1. and Jenni Saarinen 2. based on sb list so far. Jenni has graduated from college on december and has been healthy, so I think she has good opportunity to win. At nationals she was 3. but beat Emmi in FS.

Yes, they still count.

Country
Norway
Poor Sondre, he looked so devastated. He just wanted to get the TES-score for WC. It looked so promising in the beginning of the program. Hope he can cheer up and enjoy being the nordic champion. Congratulations to Sondre!

I hope also Sondre can enjoy the facts that he yesterday also took a new norwegian record in SP and it is also the first norwegian male gold medal in nordic championship since 1962.

I really hope he still manage it, maybe it will be good for him to compete where he doesn´t have to go last and defending the first place.

Also good effort from the others, but there was a tough day for FS today.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Yeah Sondre was not a happy gold medalist :( I didn't see the whole program, but I think he popped a loop and stumbled in another jump(step out?). He really needs to go clean with this base value. It's obvious that worlds means all for him this season. He's worked hard for it in every ways he can.

Alexander M :confused: Didn't see any of his performances. You can't begin thinking of your new life just yet :roll5:

A small redemption for Matilda in the free skate, but the short was :palmf: I wonder who Sweden will send to worlds? I hope both Matilda and Anita skates in a competition before worlds. By the way Cassandra Johansson got the worlds minimum short tech score, good for her!

Nice to see Jenni back on track challenging Viveca and Emmi.

Congrats to the Nordics medalists :hap10:

1 Jenni SAARINEN FIN 162.63 (1 1)
(Gerli LIINAMÄE EST 150.51 (5 3)
2 Vera STOLT FIN 150.28 (8 2)
3 Josefin TALJEGÅRD SWE 145.90 (3 5)

1 Sondre Oddvoll BØE NOR 190.44 (1 2) poor him, he mad a gesture with his arm in K&C; like 'I don't care about the win'
2 Alexander MAJOROV SWE 187.58 (3 1)
(Aleksandr SELEVKO EST 177.68 (4 3)
3 Roman GALAY FIN 169.62 (2 5)

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Vera's score means she is probably going to JWC, according to rules. She is technically most talented of the Finnish juniors, Imo, but needs to work with presentation.

Country
Norway
Sondre was smiling at the medal ceremony and have posted some happy moments on IG afterwards, so I think he was just very disappointed in himself atm. when he got the scores. In his IG-post he is saying that he is motivated for the future. I think he also meant like long term. Like he is maybe accepting that he will not get to worlds this year, but he will keep working hard for the next year to achieve his goals. I really hope he will attempt the triple axel the next season. It would be a lot easier for him to qualify with this jump. If he could try it out early in the season, with not that pressure to qualify, he would easily get his TES up (of course, if he lands it:). Considering he has upgraded his program this year by doing 3Lz - 3T from 3T - 3T last season, I think the next natural step has to be the axel. Also he hasn´t been struggling with the double axel this year, but he had some struggles recent year. Also at the television show, he was asked if he was training on quads, he said yes?. I´m not sure if he just didn´t listen to the question closely but it seems he is working on it. I havn´t seen in though, so I guess it will not be in the near future, but if he is training quads his triple axel should come soon I guess?

I did the math on the loop he missed, his toeloop in his first combo got underrotated looking at the judges scores, and he missed a point there, also he missed almost 2 points by the single triple lutz (probably the step out) and he also got negative goes on the combo where he missed the loop?. Adding the missing loop and all those negatives goes, his TES would actually be 64.00 (blank) if not :( Also it would probably be over 64 if he hadn´t done the mistakes adding some positive GOES. But, going completely clean with a lot of positives GOES can´t always be expected either, all though he has some really nice jumps. But if he hadn´t missed the combo, without the step out, making up with some positive GOES some of the other small mistakes wouldn´t matter. But there is really small margins with this base value yes.

I just checked his program from Euros and instead of the 3Lz which he stepped out on now, he had a 3L in EC, so he probably changed the jump to rise the BV. But instead now he lost almost 2 points instead having a clean 3L, oh well. Achieving his goal he might have to take risks.

He has one more chance in the Challenge cup in 2 weeks. There will be a lot of good skaters there, so for sure he won´t be starting as the last one at least :) Maybe that can take of some of the pressure. It is funny that he has had the qualifying TES for WC in his SP like 4 or 5 times now, but he just can´t get the FS score. There is a small chance he can still do it, but it will really depend on a clean skate and considering it´s his last chance and he want it so much i´m afraid the nerves will take him. I have a feeling that neither Sondre or Camilla will go to WC this year. Sondre is really close, in my opinion Camilla has a lot of work to do but can do it maybe next year if she continues to skate. But one thing i´m almost certain, if Sondre doesn´t get the TES the next compeition I bet he would do it in another competiton in the end if this season, with the pressure of.

I also hope for Mr. Majorov that he will do a lot better in WC. He for sure can´t end his career like this. I´m surprised he did so bad, but maybe it meant a lot to him being the champion considering it was in his homeland? He didn´t looked pleased at all at the medal ceremony. He didn´t smile at all.

I´m almost very certain Anita will go for Sweden to the WC. She can certainly also pop a lot of jumps and have really bad skates, but somehow I think she is the best even when bad skates. Like technically. Personally I enjoy watching Matildas elegant style a lot more, but with disaster SP like that, it´s hard to defend her. But her FS was a really good after the SP...

thorag

On the Ice
Country
Iceland

Yes, they still count.

according to ISU communication scores steming from 2017/18 season were raised retrospectively SP 36 FS 66

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
@ norwegianfairytale:

You are definitely Sondre’s most loyal fan in this forum :) Good to read that he smiled at the medal ceremony. I hope he is aiming for next olympics. The triple axel seems like such a hard jump to get for many. Sondre talked about practising it at the beginning of the season, but I don’t know after that. Really good luck to him in Netherlands!

I’m sure you’re right about that Anita will be at worlds, although her total score at Europeans was only 3 points more than Matilda’s at Nordics. Anita is competing in Hungary this weekend. Hopefully she can show better skating there. And probably it’s good for Matilda to have a rebuilding period and come back strong next season.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker

according to ISU communication scores steming from 2017/18 season were raised retrospectively

I'm not sure what you are asking, but I'll try to answer:

In 2017/18 the minimum technical scores for worlds was SP 36 FS 66 (different rules from now and the free skate was longer) If you got that last season you are eligible for 2019 worlds. Scores for two seasons back counts.

Valtter is fine for Japan :)

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

according to ISU communication scores steming from 2017/18 season were raised retrospectively SP 36 FS 66

They didn't raise them retroactively exactly. TES scores always count from the past and current season. But they could always raise what the minimum TES score for each season (they don't do it every season typically). This season is just special because with the changes to the scoring system, they have slightly different minimums depending on if you earned them last season or this season. So this season, we have the combo of raising the minimums and the changes in the scoring.

So TES scores from last season count, but the minimums are not the same.

Country
Norway
@ norwegianfairytale:

You are definitely Sondre’s most loyal fan in this forum :) Good to read that he smiled at the medal ceremony. I hope he is aiming for next olympics. The triple axel seems like such a hard jump to get for many. Sondre talked about practising it at the beginning of the season, but I don’t know after that. Really good luck to him in Netherlands!

I’m sure you’re right about that Anita will be at worlds, although her total score at Europeans was only 3 points more than Matilda’s at Nordics. Anita is competing in Hungary this weekend. Hopefully she can show better skating there. And probably it’s good for Matilda to have a rebuilding period and come back strong next season.

Thank you, it´s not hard being a loyal fan when we only have one male norwegian figure skater :) Also he is a really charming guy, he is very thankful, nice to his fans and gives a lot of himself. He is aiming for the next olympics :) Sondre was on the news again yesterday! (YAY for all the media coverage). He was interviewed because he is the new nordic champion. He told the press that he hasn´t manage to qualify for WC yet, but that he can still do it and that he is really close. He said, that if he doesn´t do it this year he will for sure qualify for next year, so I got the impression that it´s ok if he doesn´t do it this year. And that one of his goals is to be competing in the next olympics :) He is super motivated for the future. Except for that, he said he just wanted to get as good as he can be and that one other goal is that he can inspire young boys and girls to start with figure skating in Norway. So after all, he is a happy champ!

It will be interesting to see what Anita can do this weekend. I agree with Matilda, also it isn´t that long ago that she switched coach to Lambiel? Coaching change often takes time. I´m sure she will benefit a lot from it, but there is some adjustments :)