2019 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2019 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They just showed a picture of Sasha for like 30 seconds and I just froze like :dbana:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
As I much as I shade Tara hardcore and I still side eye 1998 in general, I gotta give her slight props for praising Michelle and Sasha several times tonight. Even she realizes they were our icons (not you Tara) :biggrin:

Arrrg, fiiiiine, I’ll admit it: Tara was one of my icons, back in the Stone Age that was 1998. :slink: I used to go to her super kewliez official website every day! So many midis and slow loading jpegs, damn you, dialup internet!

You may begin pointing arms laughing now.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Good event overall. A few skaters stumbled, but most of them brought it, or at least held it together. I might put Amber ahead of Mariah, but otherwise standings seem good. Should be a great FS tomorrow!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Not me, only the first two. But I’ve seen all The Land Before Time movies!

The Land Before Time 6345: Littlefoot and Cera, lost in the 21st century.

Ah the joys of having children. How many times have you "Let it go"?

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I used to see Tara at the rink climb over the half door to get her skates from the skate sharpener. She was a boss even as a youngster.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Arrrg, fiiiiine, I’ll admit it: Tara was one of my icons, back in the Stone Age that was 1998. :slink: I used to go to her super kewliez official website every day! So many midis and slow loading jpegs, damn you, dialup internet!

Why laugh? I deffo loved Tara too. As a teenage girl, I always preferred the young teenage up and comer over the established champion. Oksana v. Nancy, Tara v. Michelle, Sarah v. Michelle ... What did I know from Adam about relative merits? I liked the young cool kid.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Ah the advantage of being older. I was a Michelle fan and disliked Tara quite a bit.

I was a fan of Irina because she was plucky and a fighter.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Fun fact that really has no point in here: my brother looks like Sidney Crosby, and they both also look like Andy Samberg. He’s still single, ladies!

Are you pimping out your brother on a skating board? Does he know you are pimping him out on a skating board?

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Mariah! Bradie! Mariah!!! Bradie!!!!

Mariah brought joy and Bradie just OWNED that rink. Wow.

(Haven't seen Amber yet; Alysa I thought gave a better performance of the short earlier in the season, but still it was quite wonderful)

eta: 2 performances like that, so great but so different in tone and theme -- OK, I just signed up for another 40 years of fandom, well, if I live that long!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to the top ladies! Hanna Harrell was the surprise of the night for me and I feel bad for Ting and Starr.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Hanna HARRELL is the biggest (pleasant) surprise to me. I have never seen or heard about her before but her jumps look so easy and clean. Her performance was pretty good too. She may be one of those ladies who have naturally short necks (Radionova, Riki Hongo for example), which affect their posture.

I am so happy to see Bradie showed her best. Her program is packed with elements and her speed of everything is incredible.

Mariah's 3t was under rotated in real time. I feel she was over scored a little, but well, it is national.

Overall, I didn't think I would enjoy watching the competition as much as I did.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wait......what did he do?

Oh hey you! You’re a capitals fan! Do you dislike Sidney Crosby? My Crosby lookalike brother hates Crosby, he’s team Ovechkin. I don’t hate Crosby, but Ovechkinn and his antics are hilariously savage and more of my style. When he stood up in the stands holding the Stanley cup over his head for, like, 30 minutes at that Washington Nationals game last summer, I absolutely lost it, I was screaming with laughter. Well played, Alex. Well played.

... wait a minute, this isn’t the NHL message boards, where the heck am I? :laugh2:

GGFan

Record Breaker

We all make mistakes when we're young :console: If Tara was your icon today on the other hand :laugh2:

Does Yuzu daughter not like US figure skating?

AJVMSA8588

On the Ice
Mom, "she reminds me of the Russian Burlesque gal--jumps, charisma, otherwise....me"

Of bla bla bla chachacha say great effort, gal