2019 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2019 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP

twirlingblades

Medalist
Oh hey you! You’re a capitals fan! Do you dislike Sidney Crosby? My Crosby lookalike brother hates Crosby, he’s team Ovechkin. I don’t hate Crosby, but Ovechkinn and his antics are hilariously savage and more of my style. When he stood up in the stands holding the Stanley cup over his head for, like, 30 minutes at that Washington Nationals game last summer, I absolutely lost it, I was screaming with laughter. Well played, Alex. Well played.

... wait a minute, this isn’t the NHL message boards, where the heck am I? :laugh2:

I was at that nationals game [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] and I went to DC to watch game 5 of the finals. Go caps!

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Hanna HARRELL is the biggest (pleasant) surprise to me. I have never seen or heard about her before but her jumps look so easy and clean. Her performance was pretty good too. She may be one of those ladies who have naturally short necks (Radionova, Riki Hongo for example), which affect their posture.

I am so happy to see Bradie showed her best. Her program is packed with elements and her speed of everything is incredible.

Mariah's 3t was under rotated in real time. I feel she was over scored a little, but well, it is national.

Overall, I didn't think I would enjoy watching the competition as much as I did.

Same here. After the (mostly) depressing Canadian nationals last week, I was weary about this one too.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I was asleep so I'll have to catch up, glad to see Mariah Bell in third :)

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Oh hey you! You’re a capitals fan! Do you dislike Sidney Crosby? My Crosby lookalike brother hates Crosby, he’s team Ovechkin. I don’t hate Crosby, but Ovechkinn and his antics are hilariously savage and more of my style. When he stood up in the stands holding the Stanley cup over his head for, like, 30 minutes at that Washington Nationals game last summer, I absolutely lost it, I was screaming with laughter. Well played, Alex. Well played.

... wait a minute, this isn’t the NHL message boards, where the heck am I? :laugh2:

Disliking 'Sid the Nova Scotia Kid', is akin to Osmond hating on GS. Best to not go there, Sare ;)

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
We all make mistakes when we're young :console: If Tara was your icon today on the other hand :laugh2:

Does Yuzu daughter not like US figure skating?

Well, ladies skating was pretty bleak in Canada back then. I had to look elsewhere for a similarly aged icon!

YuzuD is pretty much impartial to US skating. That and she went to bed early. ;)

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
On the way to work, watched the top 3. Short thoughts:

Bradie Tennell: Rock solid, smart of her to do a -3T instead of the -3Lo. If she does like that in the free the title his hers.
Alysa Liu: I remember her in Asian Open, the novice girl with the 3A. She still has her 3A and other jumps too, and although it shows that she's not a senior (internationally) yet she has charm and a lovely layback. North America both have young prodigies, eh?
Mariah Bell: The -3T was definitely under, but she was engaging and filled with charm, lovely to watch. And her dress is still fabulous. Hope she has a clean free and gets on the podium! (btw, where was Raf? Why was she sitting alone?)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I was at that Nationals game where they were there. Worth going there and getting sunburned.

AJVMSA8588

On the Ice
Favorite skater of the night: Ma
Best Jump: Bradie's solo flip
Most sparkly: Mariah Bell
Most improved: Amber Glenn with the delivery. Hicks with incrased grace (too bad about the program-that I was living) 2nd honorable mention-Bradie's quality of movement and restraint
Best dress: Heidi Munger
Rising star for Liu. (I liked the bright pink with the shiny bracelets...missing how they highlight the arm-hand-ography)
What delighted me most--gorgeous spins

Sjs5572

Final Flight
I took a look at the protocols. Alysa got a downgrade on the 3t; it looked clean to me. So, she actually could gave broken 76....wow!

bobbob

Medalist
The scoring was actually more fair than I thought it would be. I would have the top 3 as is. I would say Ting was underscored but I can't say that with a straight face. Ting, unfortunately, doesn't have anyone to blame but herself.

I still think Alysa will be the champion, but Bradie will have a good shot at it, it will be quite close if both skate clean.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The scoring was actually more fair than I thought it would be. I would have the top 3 as is. I would say Ting was underscored but I can't say that with a straight face. Ting, unfortunately, doesn't have anyone to blame but herself.

I still think Alysa will be the champion, but Bradie will have a good shot at it, it will be quite close if both skate clean.

Interesting. I disagree. I don't think Bradie is going to let ANYONE else have it. One of the more determined faces I've ever seen before she started skating.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mariah Bell: The -3T was definitely under, but she was engaging and filled with charm, lovely to watch. And her dress is still fabulous. Hope she has a clean free and gets on the podium! (btw, where was Raf? Why was she sitting alone?)

Now I would have sworn I saw Raf. Maybe it was with another skater?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Actually, my wife and I liked Pooja, Alysa, Hanna alot and liked Ting's artistry. Hope she gets things together. So proud of Hannah, Amber, and Mariah! Such joys to talk with....

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it's interesting some of yall were so impressed by Alysa and Mirai seemed underwhelmed. What did Johnny and Tara have to say about her program? I loved Emmy Ma.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow the US ladies brought it; . Bradie has it Good for Liu but I don't believe she is eligible soMariah iswell placed.