2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
And no, Eteri is not "dominating" the sport for "years". That's again perception. In 2013/ 14 season she had Yulia. No olympic medals in singles, only a silver medal at worlds. In the 2014/15 season she didn't had any successful senior skaters. Them came Medvedeva, that was about it. The olympic season, Medvedeva slowly faded away, Zagitova was the star. No world medal in that season. Post olympic season she didn't had a real star.
Zagitova winning worlds in that season was nice, but it was still a weak performance. Oh, and btw, Tursynbaeva disappeared after that season.
Last season was as expected, the juniors having a good first senior season- it'a a typical trend, we had this before with Kihira, Higuchi, Mihara, Kaori, Yulia and co. Looking at the performances, none of the "3A" had a clean or in any kind special skate. It was ( and still is) just a huge hype around nothing.

I know I've already made a post on this subject, but I have to point out that saying Alina had "no world medal in that season" is the most blatant example of cherry picking I've ever seen, when that was the year she won a challenger, two GPs, the GPF, Nationals, Euros, and oh yeah THE OLYMPICS.

Also, if you're trying to deny that the 3A were dominant this season, I think you need to look up the definition of dominant.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Plushenko team on road https://www.instagram.com/p/CA2Jqb8gjdf/ - Moved to the camp in Kislovodsk on the circuit

with my youngest group of athletes! @sofyatitova_official and @kirsar06 are doing well! My team coach helps @mikhailov_d.s! A group of senior athletes follow us with their parents in cars!

Moscow-Kislovodsk cca 1600 km.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/plushenkoofficial/2321091945071426824/ Titova is the housekeeper of the bus! cute!

Plushy praises her she is 11 but she is going training camp with coaches without parents!

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Funny. You dont need to like eteri, but not to admit that she with her many skater did dominate the sport in ladies is just fake news

Well, it seems that in the "alternative timeline" TeamTut didn't dominate anything, after all. :biggrin:

Scott512

Record Breaker
I know I've already made a post on this subject, but I have to point out that saying Alina had "no world medal in that season" is the most blatant example of cherry picking I've ever seen, when that was the year she won a challenger, two GPs, the GPF, Nationals, Euros, and oh yeah THE OLYMPICS.

Also, if you're trying to deny that the 3A were dominant this season, I think you need to look up the definition of dominant.
Not only did Alina have the greatest debut season in the history of the sport she also did win a worlds medal and it was a silver medal for the short program. So anyone who says she did not medal at Worlds 2018 is factually incorrect. Lol!
Plushenko team on road https://www.instagram.com/p/CA2Jqb8gjdf/ - Moved to the camp in Kislovodsk on the circuit

with my youngest group of athletes! @sofyatitova_official and @kirsar06 are doing well! My team coach helps @mikhailov_d.s! A group of senior athletes follow us with their parents in cars!

Moscow-Kislovodsk cca 1600 km.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/plushenkoofficial/2321091945071426824/ Titova is the housekeeper of the bus! cute!

Plushy praises her she is 11 but she is going training camp with coaches without parents!
An 11 year old girl without her parents going away from home seems very fishy to me. This should not be allowed. And there should be no debate on the matter.

icetug

Medalist
An 11 year old girl without her parents going away from home seems very fishy to me. This should not be allowed. And there should be no debate on the matter.

Don't know why. I was 9 when went for a 6-week children camp in the mountains (600 km from home). It was a great experience! Repeated it three times :)

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Wait, you don't think 11-year-olds should go on hobby-related trips without parents? That's kind of odd, I've even been to a different country without my parents at a similar age.

Fried

Final Flight
Oh, does someone want to tell Russian parents what is good or bad for their children? Interesting. Wasn't that always frowned upon?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Ran a scout group for more than a decade. We had parents who wouldn't allow their kids to go to camp without them. That is one thing when they are 5 it is a another when they are 11.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Oh, does someone want to tell Russian parents what is good or bad for their children? Interesting. Wasn't that always frowned upon?
It's a new world.

And Sofia is not going on a field trip or to eat hot dogs all day with a camping group. She's going to battle she's going to work her ass off where she could face injuries or illness or face that special time for the first time in her life that all girls go through with her mother hundreds of miles away. It might be a good idea her mother was there for the reasons I mentioned and many other reasons as well. Her coach does not suffice as an appropriate parental replacent in my opinion. We've seen how Evgeni has treated other girls. ;) But I will hope for the best for Sofia and their group. In reality Russia needs other coaches did the develop really good up-and-coming skaters besides one coach. Maybe Plushenko could be that coach with all the money and reputation he has. But will he put in the work that eteri and other top Russian coaches have over the years? That is the question. Play world have the answer for a few years.

By the way I know people think I've been hard on Plushenko. But I gave him GOAT status over 10 years ago.

The big news is how will Sasha do in her first camp? It will be interesting to see if she can break the trend of skaters who leave Eteri and their scores dropped a lot.

Amei

Record Breaker

Its not unusual - as some others have posted plenty of people do sleep-away trips with various organizations: scouts, church groups, sporting clinics and some go to boarding schools for months, long before cellphones and internet were widely available. I'm sure Titova has a cellphone/Ipad, etc something to keep in contact regularly with her parents.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Its not unusual - as some others have posted plenty of people do sleep-away trips with various organizations: scouts, church groups, sporting clinics and some go to boarding schools for months, long before cellphones and internet were widely available. I'm sure Titova has a cellphone/Ipad, etc something to keep in contact regularly with her parents.

Good counterpoint. There is alot to be amzed with with these athletes. Their commitment is awesome.

Resa

On the Ice
Not only did Alina have the greatest debut season in the history of the sport she also did win a worlds medal and it was a silver medal for the short program. So anyone who says she did not medal at Worlds 2018 is factually incorrect. Lol!

I was at camps from 9y on w/o parents. It was great fun.

Sugar Coated

Final Flight
Don't know why. I was 9 when went for a 6-week children camp in the mountains (600 km from home). It was a great experience! Repeated it three times :)

I think summer camp is different than being alone with coaches as the primary caretaker. Not sure what this situation is, but if it’s just her and a coach that’s inappropriate to me. So many stories of coaches using this scenario to groom and then abuse children. I believe I read an article about English footballers talking about that’s when the abuse happened. When they went on travel trips and stayed in the same hotel room with the coach.

Abuse can happen at camps too but kids are rarely alone with adults and there are also multiple counselors that would be more likely to notice suspicious behavior. So camp or Boy/Girl Scouts I’d be a bit more comfortable if my child was maybe 11-12. But even Boy Scouts in American are now known to have history of multiple cases of abuse.

Amei

Record Breaker
I think summer camp is different than being alone with coaches as the primary caretaker. Not sure what this situation is, but if it’s just her and a coach that’s inappropriate to me.

She is going to Kislovodsk it's the training location that all of Plushenko's students are going to, and I believe I read that Mishin's students are going there as well.

Scott512

Record Breaker

Exactly.
I was at camps from 9y on w/o parents. It was great fun.
Not the same situation at all. But I'm glad you had fun.

I think summer camp is different than being alone with coaches as the primary caretaker. Not sure what this situation is, but if it’s just her and a coach that’s inappropriate to me. So many stories of coaches using this scenario to groom and then abuse children. I believe I read an article about English footballers talking about that’s when the abuse happened. When they went on travel trips and stayed in the same hotel room with the coach.

Abuse can happen at camps too but kids are rarely alone with adults and there are also multiple counselors that would be more likely to notice suspicious behavior. So camp or Boy/Girl Scouts I’d be a bit more comfortable if my child was maybe 11-12. But even Boy Scouts in American are now known to have history of multiple cases of abuse.
Great points. Especially how summer camp is different than what Sofia and the others are going through. Also good points about how abuse has happened with these Sports coaches. Not that anything like this would happen to Sofia or anyone training in figure skating but it has happened in sports when the proper guidance has not been there for the child or the athlete.
What's really abusive is judging the way other people raise their own children.
Opinions are not abuses. Abusers leave scars and abusers ruin lives. For real.

brakes

On the Ice
Opinions are not abuses. Abusers leave scars and abusers ruin lives. For real.
Opinion, suggesting that some parents let their children go for a trip where they're going to be abused is abusive towards the parents.
Not to mention, it's false and idiotic.

Fried

Final Flight
I Not sure what this situation is, but if it’s just her and a coach that’s inappropriate to me. So many stories of coaches using this scenario to groom and then abuse children. I believe I read an article about English footballers talking about that’s when the abuse happened. When they went on travel trips and stayed in the same hotel room with the coach.

There have been and there are countless(!) cases of child abuse in the family by grandfathers, fathers, uncles, brothers. According to your logic, families should be banned!
The only sentence that actually has anything to do with the current situation is "Not sure what this situation is."

Status
Not open for further replies.