2021-2022 Russian Men's Figure Skating | Page 86 | Golden Skate

2021-2022 Russian Men's Figure Skating

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
According to my mom, they are adding Ice Age skaters or something like that. But yeah, Junior men are so much better! Maybe they will bring back Ice Age Kids?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Interesting, there are reports that Gumennik is doing remote coaching with Arutyunyan. I wonder how that will work out for him.

"Since the beginning of this season, Rafael Vladimirovich regularly helps me via video link."

Yes, I am also curious how that can work, although I am partically skeptical about the permanent videocoaching.

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
The guys are creating a new discipline! :eek2:
:laugh2: Dima and Mark gotta work on those throw jumps, while Sasha and Kolya are looking quite good already. Guess the height difference works in their favour. Kolya has some problems keeping up with Sasha's cross-overs though....
ETA: I just hope Lyosha Erokhov doesn't feel betrayed, he was practicing SBS pairs jumps with Sasha already in January after all.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
This is pure speculation, but could Aliev actually be considering a switch to Sokolovskaya? I know the guys and the coaches are good friends also off-ice and they might be simply fooling around. On the other hand, something clearly was not working for Dima this season, and sometimes a hard reset can do wonders.
And what about Rukhin? At the RCF it became clear he wasn't with AoP anymore. So who will he turn to next? He made JGPF this season, so should have a spot on the junior national team which should be enough incentive to continue his career. I still think he would be a good fit at Moskvich, but it's already getting pretty crowded there. Does anyone have the exact dates when the transfer window will be open?

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Wherever Rukhin goes, I hope he stays there because he likes it… not sure what to say about Aliev.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
:laugh2: Dima and Mark gotta work on those throw jumps, while Sasha and Kolya are looking quite good already. Guess the height difference works in their favour. Kolya has some problems keeping up with Sasha's cross-overs though....
ETA: I just hope Lyosha Erokhov doesn't feel betrayed, he was practicing SBS pairs jumps with Sasha already in January after all.
Yeah, Samarin had it good. Heh, his partner’s a little squirt! I’m liking A/K, especially their layback carry and lift. Looked to be a level 2 to my eyes. Should be LBCLi2 on a protocol.

Now all we need is for this to actually happen in a competition. Complete with deadpan commentary and mock protocols.

Jasira

Mishki and Queen Anna
Medalist
Country
Germany
This is pure speculation, but could Aliev actually be considering a switch to Sokolovskaya? I know the guys and the coaches are good friends also off-ice and they might be simply fooling around. On the other hand, something clearly was not working for Dima this season, and sometimes a hard reset can do wonders.
And what about Rukhin? At the RCF it became clear he wasn't with AoP anymore. So who will he turn to next? He made JGPF this season, so should have a spot on the junior national team which should be enough incentive to continue his career. I still think he would be a good fit at Moskvich, but it's already getting pretty crowded there. Does anyone have the exact dates when the transfer window will be open?
I actually would like if Dima would switch coaches. Nothing against Rucavicin, I just have the feeling that Dima needs a new surrounding to get out of his hole.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
I actually would like if Dima would switch coaches. Nothing against Rucavicin, I just have the feeling that Dima needs a new surrounding to get out of his hole.
Rucavicin is clearly a very good jump coach. But Aliev doesn't need a jump coach.

Jasira

Mishki and Queen Anna
Medalist
Country
Germany
I share this sentiment so much. I am worried though that his health was irreparably damaged by Covid.
Dima´s stamina was never the best and Makar´s is even worse. So maybe Rukavicin doesn´t put enough attention to their stamina.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
From an interview with Plushenko today:

Is it difficult to start working with an athlete who is already accustomed to a certain format of training?

It's not easy. For example, I had a very talented figure skater, with whom we began to study perfectly, to put on programs, but two weeks passed - and the person seemed to be jammed: no matter what I said, he seemed not to hear me, he skated by himself. I tell him, if you come just to take the ice and train on your own, it won't happen. And he tells me that he just didn't get used to it any other way, he trained alone all his life. Coaches will tell you something in passing at best. We ended up breaking up. When an athlete trains without constant supervision, there is a high probability that some mistakes, if they were not corrected in time, a person will simply memorize. And in emergency situations, in big competitions, they can surface.

Could this be about Rukhin? I can't help it, I find the whole Rukhin coaching saga very intriguing.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
From an interview with Plushenko today:

Could this be about Rukhin? I can't help it, I find the whole Rukhin coaching saga very intriguing.
He speaks about to "put on programs" and I don't think Rukhin started with new programs in AoP. But if he would truly left AoP it would be a third departure within just one season.