2021-2022 Russian Men's Figure Skating | Page 87 | Golden Skate

2021-2022 Russian Men's Figure Skating

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
He speaks about to "put on programs" and I don't think Rukhin started with new programs in AoP. But if he would truly left AoP it would be a third departure within just one season.
Could be possible that they began to prepare new programmes, but didn't get them ready in time to show in competition? It takes a while to make a programme from scratch, especially when you have to compete with another one in the interim.

If this isn't a recent event, there are also a few other candidates such as Petrov or Sviridenko.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Eff it, now there are reports ISU will take the Rostelecom GP away from Russia next season. Bye, bye host spot. 🥺
I'm getting massively annoyed with the Russian Fed. It looks like all they ever do is whine and make ridiculous statements to sports.ru instead of working on getting their skaters back into international competition. Weren't they supposed to have influence in the ISU? They could at least make a case for their junior skaters who aren't even old enough to vote yet, but I've read the Fed didn't even file a CAS appeal because of JWC.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
make ridiculous statements to sports.ru
Nobody makes statements to sports.ru. This website just takes snippets of articles from other sites. Also, they don't call journalist like 'Hey, I want to make a statement'. Journalist call them when controversial things happen.
instead of working on getting their skaters back into international competition.
Match reported that they failed to agree with ISU.
but I've read the Fed didn't even file a CAS appeal because of JWC.
Even if they did, there wouldn't be enough time. More likely it'll take months.

P.S. There was a report that ISU will discuss Russian spots on April 1st.

moriel

Record Breaker
As @moriel (I really miss her) said here several years ago, Russia is not just Moscow and SPB and the people from elsewhere don't want to be ignored :)

Possibly it depends on provider.
Im still here :)
Had some personal stuff to deal with, but i guess its time to watch some FS ;)

And yeah, there is this thing, Russia is REALLY large. And i hope this whole "no russians outside russia" thing will greatly benefit internal development. My hometown, which is 3rd largest russian city, didn't host any major competitions since USSR died, i guess. Closest major competitions were like an overnight train ride.

Hopefully, all this cr@p will lead to more internal competitions, and with more competitions they will spreading them more too, leading to people having more access to FS.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Also, they don't call journalist like 'Hey, I want to make a statement'. Journalist call them when controversial things happen.
Yeah, I know, it was (bad) hyperbole.
I just think a "no comment" would serve their athletes better. Unless they really want to create their own competitive circuit. If that's what the skaters want as well, then by all means, go for it. I'd watch it.

Even if they did, there wouldn't be enough time. More likely it'll take months.
I don't think so. It's not a doping case, no proof needs to be dug up and presented. Just really good arguments why (at least) juniors shouldn't be excluded from a competition just because they were born in a certain country.

moriel

Record Breaker
Eff it, now there are reports ISU will take the Rostelecom GP away from Russia next season. Bye, bye host spot. 🥺
I'm getting massively annoyed with the Russian Fed. It looks like all they ever do is whine and make ridiculous statements to sports.ru instead of working on getting their skaters back into international competition. Weren't they supposed to have influence in the ISU? They could at least make a case for their junior skaters who aren't even old enough to vote yet, but I've read the Fed didn't even file a CAS appeal because of JWC.
There is not much they can do. You know, the woke thing now is to punish all Russians, filing anything with CAS is a waste of time. I guess the only step that would help right now, is to allow quads in ladies SP (because who cares, its not like ISU will come to russia to regulate), and stream away.

I may be quite frustrated with stuff lately, but the thing is that certain organizations are NOT outside politics (see all the turn off swift, ban russians from everywhere because they are russians, threats to turn off gps). I do not defend the war, but if Putin was president of the USA, he would have already gotten a peace nobel prize for it.

And the only wrong from rusfed is to rely on those, basically. Rusfed should have more internal competitions, and better streaming (with english commentary) for them. Also, they should have opened the large internal competitions to foreigners long ago.

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
There is not much they can do. You know, the woke thing now is to punish all Russians, filing anything with CAS is a waste of time.
but the thing is that certain organizations are NOT outside politics
Oh, I'm under no illusions in that regard, nothing is outside politics. I still think a CAS appeal would stand a chance. Multiple non-Russian sports personalities have already spoken up about the unfairness of this blanket ban of Russian athletes, more so when it comes to minors. If I were RusFed, I would throw my whole legal department at the case and appeal the eff out of it. Fact is, if you don't put up a fight you've already lost.

Rusfed should have more internal competitions, and better streaming (with english commentary) for them. Also, they should have opened the large internal competitions to foreigners long ago.
More internal competitions sounds like a dream come true. :) The streaming the local Russian organizers provide is already by far superior to anything any other fed does, and I'm happy without any commentary. The only thing that might not work out now is opening to foreign athletes. Iirc there is a paragraph in the ISU rulebook which would allow them to exclude athletes competing in international comps not sanctioned by ISU from any further ISU comp. Not sure any foreign athletes would want to take that risk.

Anyway, maybe I am just looking for a scapegoat in the form of an abstract organization. Things are going from bad to worse, what looked like a temporary situation now is becoming the "new normal". There is a rift going through the world of figure skating and everyone seems to have forgotten how to treat each other decently.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
So I just rewatched Kolyada’s free skate from the Channel One trophy. I didn’t notice it the first time because of my nerves, but the 1A+1Eu+3S was intentional . He landed two 3As already by that point and Mishin didn’t have one of his patented disgusted reactions. I guess he could’ve did a 3F but maybe he wanted to avoid an edge call. Or a 2A, but I think he’s lost the jump. Mysterious decision. But the point is…..

WE GOT A CLEAN WHITE CROW!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
So I just rewatched Kolyada’s free skate from the Channel One trophy. I didn’t notice it the first time because of my nerves, but the 1A+1Eu+3S was intentional . He landed two 3As already by that point and Mishin didn’t have one of his patented disgusted reactions. I guess he could’ve did a 3F but maybe he wanted to avoid an edge call. Or a 2A, but I think he’s lost the jump. Mysterious decision. But the point is…..

WE GOT A CLEAN WHITE CROW!
I thought while watching that he was going to go for 2A, but because maybe (?) he was trying to avoid 3A so hard, he ended up with 1A? At any rate, it didn’t really do anything to spoil his program. I am glad to see that he was kindly received and overall a far warmer attitude toward Russian men at this competition than the last time.