2021-22 Russian Pairs' Figure Skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Pairs' Figure Skating

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
National team (text):

Pairs and ice dance still incomplete (no reserve team yet for instance).

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Is the pairs national team really just 3 teams? I was thinking the main team would be MishGal, TarMor, BoiKoz, PavKho, PanRy, and KadyBal, with AkoRakh, ArtNaz, and PepPlesh or AkhKol on reserve

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Pairs with JGP assignments:

JGP FranceJGP CanadaJGP SlovakiaJGP RussiaJGP SloveniaJGP PolandJGP Austria
18-21 August 2021, Courchevel25-28 August 2021, Edmonton1-4 September 2021, Košice15-18 September 2021, Krasnoyarsk22-25 September 2021, Ljubljana29 Sept - 2 Oct 2021, Gdansk6-9 October 2021, Linz
ResultsResultsResultsResultsResultsResultsResults

Only the JGPs in Canada, Slovakia, Russia, and Austria will have competition for pairs.

The JGPs in France, Slovenia, and Poland will not.

... As for me, I'm going to be pulling hard for M/G, as they're now my lovely Russian favorites.

Mishina/Galliamov 🤗 have become new favorites for me, too ...

But I still like my old favorites Pavliuchenko/Khodykin 🤗 as well.

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
It is surprising to me that P/K are not even there on a reserve list. I mean, they didn't do so badly last season did they? They were 3rd at Russian Nationals and had some good results the season before that (3rd at Euros). There's 4 top senior pairs (and I'm not even counting P/R for the moment), and it seems odd this couple was left out. I realise they weren't at Worlds but there could only be 3 couples there.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
It is surprising to me that P/K are not even there on a reserve list. I mean, they didn't do so badly last season did they? They were 3rd at Russian Nationals and had some good results the season before that (3rd at Euros). There's 4 top senior pairs (and I'm not even counting P/R for the moment), and it seems odd this couple was left out. I realise they weren't at Worlds but there could only be 3 couples there.
I think I read in another thread that the pairs and ice dance teams are not complete yet, so hopefully P/K will be added soon.
I hope Kadyrova/Balchenko will be on the team too, I really enjoyed their free skate especially this season.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Only the JGPs in Canada, Slovakia, Russia, and Austria will have competition for pairs.

The JGPs in France, Slovenia, and Poland will not.
I am aware of that, the opening post was done in hurry and I was planning to correct it with first bigger update.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Is the pairs national team really just 3 teams? I was thinking the main team would be MishGal, TarMor, BoiKoz, PavKho, PanRy, and KadyBal, with AkoRakh, ArtNaz, and PepPlesh or AkhKol on reserve
I think it’s not full yet. Number of funded pairs varies a year to year, depending on funding and results, but some years they had 6 pairs in the main team and 1-2 as a reserve. So only 3 pairs is not normal, probably there will be at least 4-5 pairs in the main team.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I think it’s not full yet. Number of funded pairs varies a year to year, depending on funding and results, but some years they had 6 pairs in the main team and 1-2 as a reserve. So only 3 pairs is not normal, probably there will be at least 4-5 pairs in the main team.
I really hope so!

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
It's almost as if the fed exhausted themselves thinking about the singles teams and then went Yes for pairs/dance let's go with the worlds entries for now.

I'm hoping to see P/K and P/R on the main team too! 🤗

How many GP spots do you think the Russian pairs will have in total?

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I think the max possible. Would that be 18 (3 spots per GP)? Or does it work differently for pairs as there are only 8 pairs in a GP competition?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I think the max possible. Would that be 18 (3 spots per GP)? Or does it work differently for pairs as there are only 8 pairs in a GP competition?
I think, but not sure, that you can have up to two pairs from one country at GP stage, and up to three at domestic GP stage.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Thanks @flanker. Aha. that would be 13 pairs spots then, but that's not taking into account that some (most?) pairs will get 2 GPs each while others will get only 1 (and consequently can't reach the Final).

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Yes, three pairs per federation per GP is the maximum.
No difference from other disciplines.

From the General Announcement for the 2019/20 GP series:

A maximum of three Skaters/Couples from the same ISU Member may compete in the same discipline of any individual event of the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating.​

I think, but not sure, that you can have up to two pairs from one country at GP stage, and up to three at domestic GP stage.

USA had three pairs at 2018 NHK.

USA had three pairs at 2014 Rostelecom.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
The top 6 teams from RusNat are guarenteed 2 spots, but then that leaves a few more. Who do you think will get them? Will Akhanteva/Kolesov and Artemeva/Nazarychev be moved up to seniors in order to give a better chance to Kostiukovich/Briukhanov and Mukhortova/Evgeniev and to test their waters?

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
With Akhanteva/Kolesov changing coaches I assumed they were moving up to seniors, but I kind of thought that Artemeva/Nararychev would stay in juniors for 1 more year. If they win the JGPF (provided it all goes ahead) then that would push for them to get senior GPs in 22-23.
Akopova/Rakhmanin looked quite promising in seniors.

TeamGubanova

On the Ice
The top 6 teams from RusNat are guarenteed 2 spots, but then that leaves a few more. Who do you think will get them? Will Akhanteva/Kolesov and Artemeva/Nazarychev be moved up to seniors in order to give a better chance to Kostiukovich/Briukhanov and Mukhortova/Evgeniev and to test their waters?
Kadyrova / Balchenko (6) are not guaranteed any GP Spots if we are going by the 19/20 GP format

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Kadyrova / Balchenko (6) are not guaranteed any GP Spots if we are going by the 19/20 GP format
I know that they do not have many isu points, but by the virtue of merit and nationals, they should be given 2, yes?

But that is also to the point that I don't think this year's GP is going to look like last year.