2021 Gran Premio d'Italia: Women's Free Skate | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2021 Gran Premio d'Italia: Women's Free Skate

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
🇷🇺 #MaiiaKhromykh #GPItaly FS All new PBS! (154.31/226.35) "I am satisfied and at the same time not. I made an error on the loop and the footwork was not so good. The second place is not bad, I will strive for victory in the future."

readernick

Medalist
Everyone complaining about Liza's PCS, but no one talking about Maia's. 68 PCS for this program is a choice
Yes, and no. I hate the music but I do actually feel that the choreo matches the music better than Anna's. Anyway, she landed two quads. The judges were going to reward her... right, no. Expected, yes!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Everyone complaining about Liza's PCS, but no one talking about Maia's. 68 PCS for this program is a choice
i will only speak for myself :
1) I do not compare scores from competition to competition... different panels... which leads to
2) there is not much point referring to skaters who are not competing this week in this particular thread is it?
3) since you are asking, they are both overscored probably but at least, Liza performs the hell out of her programs. Maiia just skated through...
YMMV

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States

Maiia KHROMYKH

🇷🇺 RUS

1. 4 Toe + 2 Toe
  2. 4 Toe
  3. Change Combination Spin 4
  4. 3 Loop (2ft)
  5. 2 Axel
  6. Step Sequence 2
  7. 3 Lutz + 3 Toe
  8. 3 Flip + Euler + 3 Salchow
  9. 3 Lutz
  10. Flying Camel Spin 4
  11. Choreo Sequence
  12. Flying Change Combination Spin 4

TES: 85.77
PCS: 68.54
Deductions: 0.00

Total Segment Score: 154.31 (85.77 + 68.54)

Total Competition Score: 226.35 (72.04 + 154.31)

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Very good event. I’m satisfied with the results. Anna S. is such a fighter. She really attacked that 4F and landed it. Congrats to her and a well deserved gold. She has shown why she was undefeated last year and this performance at this event really helps her out in terms of only adding to her resume. Maia was brilliant, as well, with her two 4T’s. This quad jump is becoming really solid for her. She doesn’t get as much flow from her jumps. She is right now a solid #5 in regards to the Senior Ladies ranks. Loena, though, was the performance of the day for me. I nervously watched as she nailed triple after triple. That is the best she can do. She was so happy with her well deserved bronze medal. Is she the best non-Russian lady? Brilliant performance from her. Finally, I was so happy with the two Japanese skaters. They are both such warriors. They are so consistent even though their jumps are so tiny. I love how Mai with two 4th place finishes is really making a strong case to be chosen for the Olympics. Miyahara, well, that was much better than what she produced at Skate America. Excellent event.

onrsvm

On the Ice
Country
Turkey
i will only speak for myself :
1) I do not compare scores from competition to competition... different panels... which leads to
2) there is not much point referring to skaters who are not competing this week in this particular thread is it?
3) since you are asking, they are both overscored probably but at least, Liza performs the hell out of her programs. Maiia just skated through...
YMMV
1. I have just shared my opinion considering GP Season, so I do not think that speaking of previous week is inappropriate.
2. Yes the marks varies from competition to competition, but as you know the judging is quite similar in GP series. Thus, I do compare scores from com. to com.
3. I agree with you

eterialskating

On the Ice
First of all Maiia looks like a much more polished and mature skater than Tuk who's not shown any progress in her performance ability. The same tired cabaret act since I can remember. And they are not even scored the same so why bring it up. Tuktamysheva is scored in the 70+ like Anna and Kamila and more than Kostornaya this season. So no I don't buy this faux outrage on Maiia's PCS.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States

Loena HENDRICKX

🇧🇪 BEL

1. 3 Lutz + 3 Toe
  2. 2 Axel
  3. 3 Flip
  4. 2 Axel
  5. Change Combination Spin 4
  6. Step Sequence 4
  7. 3 Lutz + 2 Toe
  8. 3 Flip + 2 Toe + 2 Loop
  9. 3 Salchow
  10. Layback Spin 4
  11. Choreo Sequence
  12. Flying Change Combination Spin 4

TES: 74.91
PCS: 70.62
Deductions: 0.00

Total Segment Score:
145.53 (74.91 + 70.62)

Total Competition Score: 219.05 (73.52 + 145.53)

onrsvm

On the Ice
Country
Turkey
First of all Maiia looks like a much more polished and mature skater than Tuk who's not shown any progress in her performance ability. The same tired cabaret act since I can remember. And they are not even scored the same so why bring it up. Tuktamysheva is scored in the 70+ like Anna and Kamila and more than Kostornaya this season. So no I don't buy this faux outrage on Maiia's PCS.
Even Mai and Satako barely getting these scores. How Maiia got 68 in her first senior debut? Is she more mature and polished skater than Satako and Mai? The PCS completely depends on Technical content nothing related about artistry and presentation. We all witnessed many times