2021 JGP Kosice: Rhythm Dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2021 JGP Kosice: Rhythm Dance

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
That was a lot of fun! I might have to crawl out of bed at 4:30 AM for the free dance :dbana:

Gonna nap now, not sure if I can make the men’s free but definitely will be back for pairs!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I need to feed myself and catch up on what I missed, will be on the men's thread after doing so

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Late to the party (as pretty much always since I am not a party person), now catching up on Rhythm Dance with one eye on screen and tge other on the work.
So far, really enjoyed Cypriot team - I am super glad Angelina and Ilia had good performance, they show progress and lots of promise with their ability to channel *quirk* in music and movement. Plus they broke 60, so that's nice to see. And they are assigned to Gdańsk JGP (having faint hope that audience will be allowed because I want to go...).
I also enjoyed Georgia team.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I liked both Kaganovskay/Angelopol and d’Alessandro/Waddell curious to see who wins tomorrow and good luck to everone!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just posted this in the music thread over in Le Café, and realised that I probably should have posted it here.

For the benefit of those who saw Angelina Kudriavtseva / Ilia Karankevich's SD today and were wondering about the music (which is actually called "Ruby Blue"), it was by Irish singer Róisín Murphy, who is best known as being the singer in the group Moloko.

Here are the 2 songs they are most famous for:

Moloko - "Sing It Back"

Moloko - "The Time Is Now"

It's not my taste in music.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Lulu39

Rinkside
I liked both Kaganovskay/Angelopol and d’Alessandro/Waddell curious to see who wins tomorrow and good luck to everone!
Yes, and very close scores (K/A 64.84 and d'A/W 64.48)! ok so I'm partial to Kill Bill yellow but d'A/W are my favorites.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
For ice dance fans, perhaps the most recognizable Roisin Murphy song is "Rama Lana" from Nelli Zhiganshina & Alexander Gaszi' s "Two From the Grave" FD.

Ah. I didn't know that song was her's! (That's why I hate it when music is submitted using the title of the film it is from rather than the title of the song itself. Because you can miss things like this).

I absolutely loved that Free Dance!!! One of my all-time favourite programmes. (There are a few of their programmes that could be described like that! ;) Oh, how I miss them... 😞 )

Thank you so much for enlightening me. :bow: :clap: :points:

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Brief observation, the Russian teams look like they've worked on their Blues patterns since Moscow Jr comp, good. K/A's reworked programme is an improvement too.
I liked dA/W's clean lines, also best Blues IMO. BTW seems Bruce is a pretty good multitasker, he trains 4T in singles too :eek:
Cypriots and disco Czech sibs were fun as expected :D
Brownie points to teams with classic arms/free leg positions in the pattern (looking at you dA/W and T/S)