2021 Nebelhorn Trophy: Pairs Free Skate | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2021 Nebelhorn Trophy: Pairs Free Skate

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
Nice evening of pairs skating even if there was not one completely clean skate. But there was still quite a lot to enjoy! Nice for Minerva Fabienne and Nolan to win after a lost season, and...well the Spanish really were the best tonight. And they got an Olympic spot for Spain in pairs. Has that ever happened before? The Georgians also did well, and a bronze medal into the bargain (and that spot). Congratulations to the medallists!!!!!

A pity the Chinese just weren't good enough, and we saw the man of the 1000 partners do it again. He'll be at the OG.

And the new Aussies were impressive too. Lots of potential, not for 2022 yet but definitely for 2026.
Georgia also got their first ever Olympic pairs spot!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm sorry, you must be mistaken. I've been reliably informed on other threads that investing money and energy into non-traditional skating powers is a waste, and those athletes shouldn't be included in the global skating community. Therefore Spain couldn't possibly be headed to the Olympics in pairs.

(Sorry for the off-topic snark... that thread really infuriated me.)
Just catching up on the event threads after a few hours' sleep...am I about to be more angry than I have energy for?

Also, mega bummed that Krasnopolski is once again rewarded for his disposable partner behaviour with an Olympic spot.