2021 Nebelhorn Trophy: Pairs Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2021 Nebelhorn Trophy: Pairs Free Skate

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
So, no change from the SP order in the first group.

And with that, my viewing is finished for tonight. But, it was nice to get to see some of the Pairs.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the segment.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Oops...that was close between the Ukranians and the French, but thankfully no crash in the warm up. I'm always afraid of that with the pairs.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
This is a couple I can actually envisage Ice Dancing together, they look lovely ...too bad about the bad landing of the twist and the falls. But...hey they did a sequence and one throw was landed, if slightly iffy.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Starting off with a great twist lift, and then so many things went wrong. Pops, a fall. A pity. I really like this pair, but I'd be surprised if they can keep their placement.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
So, there are four places left for Olympics, with China competing for one, and Germany not?
What just happened, wasn't paying attention?

During the SP thread, we knew there were 3 spots - China's in contention because the German Pairs aren't competing for it (they are both N), and China is fourth. So in terms of spots, China's in third.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
3 left.
Yes, China is in the run. And yes, don't count German (and Italian) pairs.
At last Worlds Russia got 3 spots, China, Canada, USA, Italy 2 spots each, Japan, Austria. Germany, Hungary, Czech Rep. one spot each. China and Japan can compete for one spot more, but Japanese have only one pair. That's 16 total. Aren't 20 teams compete at Olympics?

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I was going to write that I thought that Sofiia and Artem did well, but what went wrong with that pairs spin?????

There are only 19 pairs at the Olympics thanks to a rather strange decision by the IOC, as you still need the same number of warm up groups and so forth.