2021 Skate Canada Challenge: Senior Ladies | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021 Skate Canada Challenge: Senior Ladies

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just started watching the competition. I wonder how many lady skaters are we going to have clustered in the 150-160 range today? I’m hoping the three medalists make it past 160 🤗

Rooting for an Alison, Emily and Kaiya podium sweep. It should be an interesting competition. Anybody can win.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I just started watching the competition. I wonder how many lady skaters are we going to have clustered in the 150-160 range today? I’m hoping the three medalists make it past 160 🤗

Rooting for an Alison, Emily and Kaiya podium sweep. It should be an interesting competition. Anybody can win.
i hope scores are closer to 180 than 160... my prediction Kaiya, Alison, Gabby

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well ... gabby is a sentimental favorite.. i think madeline will outskate her though

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I’d be okay with Gabby. She is the most talented one and the reason why Canada has two spots for Worlds.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
There is something wrong with the FS scoring. No way Christina to have such a low score.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
There is something wrong with the FS scoring. No way Christina to have such a low score.
In French, Myriane Samson explained that Kristina rotates very fast but does so on her way down of the jumps, which means that it's very easy to under rotate the jumps, which means that with all the downgrades and the low GOE resulting from that, I am not surprised with the score. Myriane also said that with a bit of work Kristina has a lot of potential to be one of our top ladies... and at 15, it was quite promising for the future.. I could see the UR... you didn't see them?

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I’m nervous for Veronik Mallet. She is my favourite in this second to last flight.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yes. I believe everyone of her triples was either UR or downgraded. When she finished skating, I thought we had a new leader. The Canadian judging system seems to be stricter here than US Nationals.
no kidding... i mean, i shouldn't say a thing because i haven't watched the Men SP, but seeing some of the PCS scores there makes me wonder if our Canadian scoring has been through some devaluation, like our dollar vs the American LOL

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Oh dear - rough skate by Amelia. She rotates really quickly, but she needs a lot more speed, power, and flow.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Oh dear - rough skate by Amelia. She rotates really quickly, but she needs a lot more speed, power, and flow.
Myriane Samson, on the French broadcast : Amelia's rotation is like Kristina, fast but on the way down... which tends to bring downgrades because of under-rotation.... ... something to fix over there at the TCCSC

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Pretty good job by Michelle! :) I have never even heard of her before, but I quite liked her. She has good basics and seems well-rounded, with solid jumping technique.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
MS just said that Patinage Québec has applied to Skate Canada to get Worlds in 2024... if Canada gets them.., of course

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Pretty good job by Michelle! :) I have never even heard of her before, but I quite liked her. She has good basics and seems well-rounded, with solid jumping technique.
Michelle is just coming out of juniors... strong jumper. She needs to refine her skating but she is promising. 17... still some time

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Amanda is a powerful jumper but besides the salchow and the toe loop, she doesn't master the harder triples... which is a shame... same thing last year... strong SP skater but when it comes to the LP, she runs out of options

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
I have never watched Amanda before either, but I thought that she was well-rounded too, with good jump technique. She needs to work on her performance abilities though. I liked her dress.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I thought Amanda tried a quad flip with her opening triple flip 😳; She over rotated that jump. Time for Veronik 👏