2021 Skate Canada Challenge: Senior Ladies | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2021 Skate Canada Challenge: Senior Ladies

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
not a bad skate for Veronik... we can see the difference in speed and skills compared to everyone else so far..

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Pretty good job by Veronik :) She has such a lovely presence on the ice. I always root for her. I just wish that she had more jump difficulty. Everything else is really nice.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Nice job by Catherine - She should definitely go into the lead. Her jumps, save for the 2A, are pretty solid, and it was really nice to see her enjoying herself out there. :)

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Iā€™m happy with Veronikā€™s skate. She exceeded my expectations. Glad she was given the best PCS score so far. Her skating skills are way better than everyone that has skated so far.

Catherine was good. Solid triple triple.

rain

Record Breaker
OK, I love Veronique, but Catherine Carle has been robbed at this competition. Sheer reputation judging has gone against her. When I see Veronique now I'm always even more disappointed that she couldn't get her hardest jumps back to stable after being injured, because she's grown into a beautiful artistic skater.

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Catherine's jumps were good! But yeah I agree her skating overall still needs to refine and mature, at one point I was concerned she hurt herself in the middle of the program because she got so slow and tentative, but then she kept doing the big jumps so I knew she was fine. She's got the tech though so hopefully her PCS skills can follow soon otherwise this is going to keep happening

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
and that's how Veronik with 4-5 triples can beat Carle... with 7
LOL šŸ˜†! That is why artistry and skating skills should not be ignored. Time to order my dinner so I can be back in time for the final flight. Iā€™m curious to find out which of the top 6 senior skater will rise to the top.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
OK, I love Veronique, but Catherine Carle has been robbed at this competition. Sheer reputation judging has gone against her. When I see Veronique now I'm always even more disappointed that she couldn't get her hardest jumps back to stable after being injured, because she's grown into a beautiful artistic skater.
Catherine is 17. Veronik is 26. I think it's not really just reputation. It's years of mastery. Veronik is the best and most refined skater in the field...Michelle Long is also wonderful to watch... but both need the jumps.. Catherine has the jumps and can grow into getting better basic skating... if you look at the other young skaters, Catherine was well placed in PCS... Michelle Rivest also got lower marks... for similar style of skating

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
What a shame about the jumping issues! That was such a beautiful program otherwise. Michelle is totally committed to the performance, and she has lovely qualities. :)

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow! Michelle was really into her program. So emotional and full of expression. She better get a good PCS score. The younger skaters can learn from these expressive skaters. This is how you skate to the music!

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Rough skate by Emily :( Generally speaking, her skating doesn't draw me in, and I really had trouble staying focused on this skate. I far preferred the previous few skaters.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Emily didnā€™t skate well šŸ˜Ÿ

She may have just lost the spot to Worlds she had last year.