2021 U.S. Nationals: Junior Men | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2021 U.S. Nationals: Junior Men

ice coverage

Record Breaker
More re USFS envelope funding for next season:

Junior champion of ISP Points Challenge gets Envelope C.
Meaning Martynov. :)
(From his 2021 Nats placement of fifth, he would get only Envelope D.)

Second and third in Junior from ISP Challenge get Envelope D.
Meaning Broussard and Will Annis.
(So Broussard already had qualified for Envelope D, even before his 2021 Nats placement of sixth.)​

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Top three at Nats in junior get Team C envelope funding for next season.
4th thru 6th at Nats in junior get Team D envelope funding for next season.

Junior placements at Nats do not earn byes for next year's Nats.

Indirectly, good scores/placements at Nats could help get consideration for JGP assignments, I think?

I'm happy for Klein and Mindra!

(Sorry again for those who had a rough night.)
I knew you would know the answer! Jacob made the podium with 4th place! What a podium

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I know it's junior men, so it's kind of par for the course, but are the US junior men always this chaotic...?
I read this quickly and thought you were asking if they were always so “exotic.” Because, yes, we’ve seen some exotic things tonight :)
I think they are just all young, learning, and finding their own styles. Our US men are pretty awesome, at all levels!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:biggrin:I know it's junior men, so it's kind of par for the course, but are the US junior men always this chaotic...?

Yes, which is why I love them. They are like Andrew T., except as a group.:biggrin:

They all skate to their strengths, which differs, rather than try to do the same thing. (y)And of course, the age range 14 to 19 among men is quite the range:).

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
All caught up now with the Junior men. What a heartbreaking free skate for Maxim! He definitely needs some virtual hugs. I am ecstatic for Eric Prober! He missed the cut for Nationals last season :cry: . We got to see him @ 2019 US Nationals in Detroit where he skated his Rolling Stones medley for his free skate. It has been a pleasure to see him compete @ the Philadelphia International Summer Competition (formerly known as "Liberty"). If you live anywhere near the Philadelphia area, come join us to cheer on all of the skaters. You'll get to see some wonderfully talented up & coming competitors.

I was really hoping for a higher finish for Nicolas Hsieh, but it was not to be. :cry:

I was hoping that Jacob Sanchez would have had a more techniccally successful free skate, but I still loved watching him & am delighted that he still made the podium. Yes, the music was from "Newsies" ("Seize the Day'/King of New York"), so he kept his free skate program from last season (a pandemic solution for many of the skaters, I suppose). Yes, I do wish the music was identified on Peacock, along with info about the coaches/choreographers. What fine free skates for Joseph Klein & Samuel Mindra!

Re: POTO - I am tired of hearing it over & over in competition, but @ least this time around there were some parts of it that you don't usually hear (and it was called the POTO Fantasia, according to Shazam). Re: Carmina Burana - I never get tired of it. I love the "O Fortuna" part (even though it has been used a lot), but I really appreciate hearing other parts of it & that was the case in the program as it was skated.

All in all, it is such a treat to watch all the juniors!