2021 U.S. Nationals: Senior Rhythm Dance | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2021 U.S. Nationals: Senior Rhythm Dance

auser

Record Breaker
I love the story, when Evan said he didn't dare to tell her about his feelings in case that changes anything. Then Madi was up for it and he was so happy. I love a bit of romance ❤️
Thanks for the lovely details. Where did you hear/read this? :thank: So excited I can't type properly.

auser

Record Breaker
LOL

Well, it depends. I have a quirky sense of humor, a strong streak of sarcasm, and a lot of irreverence. I've said some things at work that have gotten me some wide-eyed looks, but at the same time, other people were laughing, so that probably saved me from some discipline. LOL
Sounds perfect;).

LadyB

Record Breaker
Thanks for the lovely details. Where did you hear/read this? :thank: So excited I can't type properly.
It was an interview with Evan (or both?) and I can't remember whether I saw it on YouTube or read it somewhere. It was short after Rostelecom 2016, where I saw them live for the first time. That's why I've paid a bit more attention to them afterwards, as I also thought they'd been together for ages. And, like I said, I totally love that story and it made Evan quite sympathetic to me.

b-man

Final Flight
Tanith's point was the noise indicated that the scratching of the blades on the ice was impeding getting optimum flow over the ice. But I'm pretty geeky so I like this type of inside baseball commentary;). But I understand how it might not work for others.
Understand that, I was looking looking for other clues why they were so far behind H/D. I thought they looked good. They obviously have other shortcoming this singles skating fan doesn't appreciate.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love the story, when Evan said he didn't dare to tell her about his feelings in case that changes anything. Then Madi was up for it and he was so happy. I love a bit of romance ❤️
I hadn't heard this story, LadyB, and I love it too. As for myself, I knew Evan was in love with Madi for years before she apparently knew ... or before she let herself know ... or before she allowed it. :love:

ETA: even when she was with the guy people called her "long-time boyfriend."

auser

Record Breaker
Understand that, I was looking looking for other clues why they were so far behind H/D. I thought they looked good. They obviously have other shortcoming this singles skating fan doesn't appreciate.
A while back Tanith mentioned that the scratching sound and snow flying up can be clues to judges that the quality of skating may not be up to the level of other skaters without those signs. That it happened during twizzles might make it more significant as some commentators compare twizzles in ID to jumps in singles skating in terms of importance. Glad you enjoyed Loraine and Antop. And thank you for watching and commenting on ice dance. We need more fans. ;) :thank:

Last edited:

skatemd1

On the Ice
So glad that Michael Parsons and Caroline Green were able to partner up when their siblings retired. They are fun to watch and have a great future ahead of them.
That was a breakout performance, all level 4s, all key points in their pattern, and the highest base score of any team today. This team is technically unmatched and impressive artistically and that was just plain beautiful. G/P are on the way up for sure!

thatonekimgirl

Rinkside
This is the interview where Evan explains how he and Madi got together (thank goodness for a strong tagging system on my tumblr, I knew I'd shared it at some point). Apparently, they started dating when he told Madi he loved her and couldn’t see himself spending his life with anyone else.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That was a breakout performance, all level 4s, all key points in their pattern, and the highest base score of any team today. This team is technically unmatched and impressive artistically and that was just plain beautiful. G/P are on the way up for sure!
And Kaitlyn and Jean Luc got all level 4s and missed one key point, per Jackie Wong best RD they have skated ever and are in a relatively distant 3rd. I really, really, really hate ID judging.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is the interview where Evan explains how he and Madi got together (thank goodness for a strong tagging system on my tumblr, I knew I'd shared it at some point). Apparently, they started dating when he told Madi he loved her and couldn’t see himself spending his life with anyone else.

I still don’t care for their skating but I love love and this is adorable.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I hadn't heard this story, LadyB, and I love it too. As for myself, I knew Evan was in love with Madi for years before she apparently knew ... or before she let herself know ... or before she allowed it. :love:

That's so lovely!!!! I can really feel it. So sweet!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Awww!🥰

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

:thank: for finding this and sharing. It's wonderful. They're both so thoughtful and well-spoken. Low-key positive.

One thing I really love about Madi and Evan is that they don't bank on their romantic relationship to do some of the work for their skating. They don't call attention to it, although they don't hide it. They know that it's deepened their connection and their skating, but it's not paraded or (frankly, as some couples do), exploited. They make their programs about the music and the story or idea they've decided on.

I've been an avid Madi & Evan fan since I first saw them on tv at 2014 Nationals, and if you frequented GS from 2015 you may recall that it was "not cool" to be their fan for years. But I persisted ... and eventually mine became the majority opinion.:biggrin: At the same time, I've become equally Maddie and Zach fans, having watched them progress over the years. Which draws another interesting parallel, as apparently Maddie & Zach found being romantically involved interfered with their skating, or vice versa. Just goes to show, what works for some doesn't for others.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Are there really no any videos of the RD available to those of us outside of US? I made the mistake of not really looking for a "left" stream, as I thought there weren't any and was also hoping for videos to watch afterwards. But so far no videos of RD have been put up on YouTube 🙁.

Last edited:

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Are there really no any videos of the RD available to those of us outside of US? I made the mistake of not really looking for a "left" stream, as I thought there weren't any and was also hoping for videos to watch afterwards. But so far no videos of RD have been put up on YouTube 🙁.
Having the same problem!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Are there really no any videos of the RD available to those of us outside of US? ... But so far no videos of RD have been put up on YouTube 🙁.

Having the same problem!

The two vids below are from YouTube channel of NBC Sports.

I do not know whether they are they are viewable outside of U.S.?

Hubbell/Donohue 2021 Nats RD: https://youtu.be/kF3D-JVwgKs

Chock/Bates 2021 Nats RD: https://youtu.be/lVEKCuTuQ-I

@tabsy, I still hope that some day you can attend U.S. Nats in person. Would love to see you again.

auser

Record Breaker
:thank: for finding this and sharing. It's wonderful. They're both so thoughtful and well-spoken. Low-key positive.

One thing I really love about Madi and Evan is that they don't bank on their romantic relationship to do some of the work for their skating. They don't call attention to it, although they don't hide it. They know that it's deepened their connection and their skating, but it's not paraded or (frankly, as some couples do), exploited. They make their programs about the music and the story or idea they've decided on.

I've been an avid Madi & Evan fan since I first saw them on tv at 2014 Nationals, and if you frequented GS from 2015 you may recall that it was "not cool" to be their fan for years. But I persisted ... and eventually mine became the majority opinion.:biggrin: At the same time, I've become equally Maddie and Zach fans, having watched them progress over the years. Which draws another interesting parallel, as apparently Maddie & Zach found being romantically involved interfered with their skating, or vice versa. Just goes to show, what works for some doesn't for others.
Thank you so much for this skylark! :thank:You:rock: