2022-2024 Team China Update | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2022-2024 Team China Update

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
As I've seen such rumor mostly from FS forums in China, I'd suggest to wait until the entry list to JWC published to make any judgement on this.

BTW, Taipei Government doesn't have the right to issue VISA for any visitor from China; it should be the specified agency under Taiwan Government. (Actually, I highly doubt Taiwan's government would refuse to issue the VISA to competitors from China for such international competition. But I won't be surprised that China's government REFUSEs to send their skaters to Taiwan given some meaningless political excuse ...:shrug:)
4CC was in Taipei in 2014, 2016 and 2018. All had Chinese competitors (indeed, all had Chinese medalists!)

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Have any of you heard about the recent allegations against Xinyu Liu? If so, how legitimate do they seem to be?

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
what happened?
His Instagram was hacked. The hacker posted on it allegations of embezzling funds from the Chinese federation, drug use and assaulting women (including a minor). Photos and screenshots were included with the posts, but they've been deleted from the Instagram now. There are translations and screenshots of the hacker's posts on Twitter and Reddit.

He made a statement on Weibo (through Shiyue Wang) that he contacted the police about the hack. I hope that the police have some questions for him about the allegations given the nature of them.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
His Instagram was hacked. The hacker posted on it allegations of embezzling funds from the Chinese federation, drug use and assaulting women (including a minor). Photos and screenshots were included with the posts, but they've been deleted from the Instagram now. There are translations and screenshots of the hacker's posts on Twitter and Reddit.

He made a statement on Weibo (through Shiyue Wang) that he contacted the police about the hack. I hope that the police have some questions for him about the allegations given the nature of them.
Thanks, you summarized the situation better than I could have. If any of the hacker's accusations have any truth to them, then I will be sorely disappointed...

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
haters hacks are quite popular in China btw, i don't know if any of this is true or just slander (they're too many and of every kind not to raise at least some suspicion), i hope they can make clarity and punish the people who need to get punished. i also hope from the bottom of my heart that Xin Yu is innocent, but if is not than he has to face the consequences

Last edited:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am here today to show some videos of our not often seen this year Chinese skaters.
For now I will just enjoy their skating ...

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Xiangyi Ann competed at the Chinese National Winter Games.

Team event 1st (SP)
SP 1st
- She landed her 2A, 3Lo and backloaded 3T 3T in both her short programs to win these two segments. Her new program is to Voila
FP 3rd
- Unfortunately, she just doesn’t have the technical content to compete with some of the youngsters. She went for 2A 3T, 3S 3T combos where I think the 3T is q and <. She also picked the triple loop combo as her duplicate triple. 3Lo 2T and 3Lo. She is fine with her solo 2A. However, she went for a 3Lz and fell and under rotated that jump. Also, she purposely went for a 2F. So, no 3F or 3Lz for Xiangyi. But, this was a much better result for her. She came in 2nd overall behind a 12 year old skater who scored 68 in TES competed to Xiangyi 58 in TES. But, this second place might have earned her a spot to Senior Worlds . Overall score was 181.77. 🤗

Also, the top two girls in the junior event were 🔥 . Winner was at 190+. Second was 180+ and third was 160+. It is a shame the top two can’t go to Junior Worlds. They would have challenged for top ten spots. They are so good.

I only watched Senior Women as Xiangyi was my only interest.

Very good event. With very fair judging

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Xiangyi Ann competed at the Chinese National Winter Games.

Team event 1st (SP)
SP 1st
- She landed her 2A, 3Lo and backloaded 3T 3T in both her short programs to win these two segments. Her new program is to Voila
FP 3rd
- Unfortunately, she just doesn’t have the technical content to compete with some of the youngsters. She went for 2A 3T, 3S 3T combos where I think the 3T is q and <. She also picked the triple loop combo as her duplicate triple. 3Lo 2T and 3Lo. She is fine with her solo 2A. However, she went for a 3Lz and fell and under rotated that jump. Also, she purposely went for a 2F. So, no 3F or 3Lz for Xiangyi. But, this was a much better result for her. She came in 2nd overall behind a 12 year old skater who scored 68 in TES competed to Xiangyi 58 in TES. But, this second place might have earned her a spot to Senior Worlds . Overall score was 181.77. 🤗

Also, the top two girls in the junior event were 🔥 . Winner was at 190+. Second was 180+ and third was 160+. It is a shame the top two can’t go to Junior Worlds. They would have challenged for top ten spots. They are so good.

I only watched Senior Women as Xiangyi was my only interest.

Very good event. With very fair judging

Thanks for the report! Do we know why her Lz has destabilized? I recall she had a fairly stable one a year or so back, though with a < IIRC... Injury perhaps?