Country
Austria
Cup of Russia - Final - "Grand Prix of Russia"

Date:
1-5 March 2023
Venue: St. Petersburg, Russia
Categories: Junior, Senior
Disciplines: Single and Pair Skating, Ice Dance

Current local time in St. Petersburg, Russia (UTC+3)
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/russia/saint-petersburg

Preliminary Schedule:

Juniors
2nd March
13.30 – 14.45 - Ice Dance - Rhythm Dance
15.00 – 16.30 - Women - Short Program
16.45 – 17.50 - Pairs - Short Program
18.05 – 19.35 - Men - Short Program

3rd March
13.00 – 14.20 - Ice Dance - Free Dance
14.40 – 16.10 - Women - Free Skate
16.30 – 17.40 - Pairs - Free Skate
18.00 – 19.30 - Men - Free Skate

Seniors
4th March

5th March
13.00 – 14.25 - Ice Dance - Free Dance
14.45 – 16.30 - Women - Free Skate
16.45 – 18.00 - Pairs - Free Skate
18.15 – 20.00 - Men - Free Skate

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Unofficial Senior RGP Final entries based on ranking after the RGP series.

RankingMenWomenIce DancePairs
1​
Dmitri AlievKamila ValievaElizaveta Khudaiberdieva/Egor Bazin (wd)Anastasia Mishina/Alexander Galliamov
2​
Evgeni SemenenkoElizaveta TuktamyshevaAnnabelle Morozov/Devid Narizhny (split)Alexandra Boikova/Dmitri Kozlovski
3​
Gleb Lutfullin (wd)Sofia SamodelkinaSofia Tyutyunina/Andrei BaginEvgenia Tarasova/Vladimir Morozov
4​
Mark KondratiukSofia MuravievaVasilisa Kaganovskaya/Valeri AngelopolNatalia Khabibullina/Ilya Knyazhuk
5​
Petr GumennikSofia AkatievaElizaveta Shanaeva/Pavel DrozdYasmina Kadyrova/Valeri Kolesov
6​
Alexander SamarinAlexandra Trusova (wd)Irina Khavronina/Dario Cirisano (split)Yulia Artemieva/Alexei Bryukhanov
7​
Andrei MozalevVeronika YametovaElizaveta Pasechnik/Maksim NekrasovEkaterina Chikmareva/Matvei Yanchenkov (wd)
8​
Ilya Yablokov (wd)Kseniia Sinitsyna (wd)Polina Usova/Mikhail AntonovAnastasia Mukhortova/Dmitri Evgeniev
9​
Alexey ErokhovAnastasia Zinina (wd)Ekaterina Mironova/Evgeni Ustenko
10​
Mikhail Kolyada (wd)Alina GorbachevaAlexandra Kravchenko/Alexander Shustitskiy (wd)
11​
Artem KovalevKseniia Gushchina
12​
Ivan PopovSofia Zakharova
Subs​
Makar Ignatov (added)Anna Frolova (added)Yana Matveishina/Timofey Subbotin (added)Daria Boyarintseva/Roman Pleshkov (added)
Subs​
Artur Danielian (added)Viktoria Fedyanina (added)Alisa Krainyukova/Semion Netsev (added)
Subs​
Matvey Vetlugin (added)Adeliia Petrosiian (added)Alexandra Prokopets/Alexander Vaskovich (added)
Subs​
Varvara Zhdanova/Timur Babaev-Smirnov (added)

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Unofficial Junior RGP Final entries based on ranking after the RGP series.

RankingMenWomenIce DancePairs
1​
Arseniy FedotovVeronika ZhilinaSofia Leontieva/Daniil GorelkinEkaterina Chikmareva/Matvei Yanchenkov
2​
Grigory FedorovSofia TitovaAnna Shcherbakova/Egor Goncharov (wd)Yulia Artemieva/Alexei Bryukhanov (wd)
3​
Lev LazarevAlisa Dvoeglazova (wd)Anna Kolomenskaya/Artem FrolovAnna Moskaleva/Maxim Lozhkin
4​
Nikolay UgozhaevLyubov RubtsovaAnna Rumak/Gleb Goncharov (wd)Maiia Shegai/Igor Shamshurov
5​
Fedor ZonovElizaveta LabutinaVasilisa Grigorieva/Evgeni Artyushchenko (wd)Anastasia Egorova/Rodion Marinskiy
6​
Semion SoloviovElizaveta KulikovaYulia Churkina/Boris Frolov (wd)Maria Dybkova/Alexei Khvalko
7​
Andrei KutovoiAgata PetrovaElizaveta Shichina/Gordei KhubulovElizaveta Osokina/Artem Gritsaenko
8​
Nikita SarnovskiyAlisa YurovaSofia Aleksova/Ilya VladimirovElizaveta Romanova/Valeri Nazarov
9​
Eduard KarartynyanViktoria MorozovaMilana Kuzmina/Dmitri Studenikin
10​
Vladislav DikidzhiLidiya PleskachevaArina Gorshenina/Ilya Makarov
11​
Kirill SarnovskiyNadezhda Ponteleenko
12​
Nikolay LoginovDaria Sadkova
Subs​
Maria Gordeeva (added)Ekaterina Rybakova/Ivan Makhnonosov (added)Anastasia Chernyshova/Vladislav Antonyshev (added)
Subs​
Alexandra Shinkarenko/Vladislav Mikhailov (added)
Subs​
Ulyana Ermkova/Artem Krilov (added)
Subs​
Maria Sorokina/Arseniy Antropov (added)

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh good I didn't miss this! In fact it's ages away! :laugh:

Sure hope I remember it's on!

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Preliminary Schedule

Juniors
2nd March

3rd March
13.00 – 14.20 - Ice Dance - Free Dance
14.40 – 16.10 - Women - Free Skate
16.30 – 17.40 - Pairs - Free Skate
18.00 – 19.30 - Men - Free Skate

Seniors
4th March

5th March
13.00 – 14.25 - Ice Dance - Free Dance
14.45 – 16.30 - Women - Free Skate
16.45 – 18.00 - Pairs - Free Skate
18.15 – 20.00 - Men - Free Skate

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Ignatov's fan group says that Ilya WD and Makar substitues him.
All the best to Makar, but I'm
cray2.gif

Edit: Vika Butsaeva confirmed Ilya's withdrawal to TASS.

Last edited:

Arwen17

Final Flight
I so badly want to see Trusova there, but watch her be the first one to withdraw...

icewhite

Record Breaker
According to RIA, Kolyada withdraws.

Upd. Artur Danielian (who is next substitute) confirms.

What is it with Kolyada? I saw this announcement of the "master classes" the team wants to do in Mexico in late spring, but Kolyada's name wasn't on it?

JimR

On the Ice
I so badly want to see Trusova there, but watch her be the first one to withdraw...
She was gassed doing a demonstration at Valentine's Day show they do. I can't see it happening. There's always a chance she'll do the short program then make some excuse to withdraw from the free skate.

I'll be very disappointed in her if she withdraws because it's not like people haven't been speculating. You just have to look at her form and fitness to know she has no real intention of giving it her best shot.

She was mushroomed into the final too, so she's been given every chance this season to resurrect her career, but she just wants to do shows and now looks like pole dancing as well from her latest social media post.

She could have given someone else like Adelia advanced notice to prepare properly.

JimR

On the Ice
It's going to be a tremendous crescendo to end the season (the demonstration event to come of course). For the women the highest level of competition we'll see anywhere on Earth until the Russian Nationals in December.

It would be a truly famous victory for Kamila if she can pull it off with all the external noise surrounding her. It must be intense even more so for someone only 16.

Akatieva goes to back to back winning the two major events of the season makes a real statement. She will be without a doubt the number one skater in the world. Apart from the Russian Nationals, she has been inconsistent though. She blew up in that GP stage against Tuktik and Muravieva.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
What is it with Kolyada?
They don't say anything at all.

Personally, I think he has health problems that they don't want to talk about. I formed this opinion after the first stage. He recently had a very big video interview, and he was asked literally everything except his health.
This fragment from Mishina's recent interview is also interesting, especially the last sentence.

- Why doesn't this work for Mikhail Kolyada who is already being advised to stop doing quad jumps, as they aren't very good for him, and focus on clean skates?
- I know that Alexei talked to him about it. That he needs to stay in shape one way or another, and at the same time he could skate an easier version of the program. Kolyada refused. He said he didn't want to do it and didn't think it was possible. It is clear that he has to do a quad toe loop in the short program and two toe loops in the free program, which is the minimum. I think he is going through a period that he just needs to endure.

I saw this announcement of the "master classes" the team wants to do in Mexico in late spring, but Kolyada's name wasn't on it?
I think the reason is Averbukh's shows.

icewhite

Record Breaker
They don't say anything at all.

Personally, I think he has health problems that they don't want to talk about. I formed this opinion after the first stage. He recently had a very big video interview, and he was asked literally everything except his health.
This fragment from Mishina's recent interview is also interesting, especially the last sentence.

- Why doesn't this work for Mikhail Kolyada who is already being advised to stop doing quad jumps, as they aren't very good for him, and focus on clean skates?
- I know that Alexei talked to him about it. That he needs to stay in shape one way or another, and at the same time he could skate an easier version of the program. Kolyada refused. He said he didn't want to do it and didn't think it was possible. It is clear that he has to do a quad toe loop in the short program and two toe loops in the free program, which is the minimum. I think he is going through a period that he just needs to endure.

I think the reason is Averbukh's shows.

Thank you.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
From Vladislav Zhukov (RIA):

Anastasia Zinina doesn't have medical clearance to perform in the final. Whether she will participate will be decided on Friday or Monday.

Adelia Petrosian is preparing for the final. It is unclear who she will replace and whether she will perform in the end. But the notification has already been sent to Adelia.

Edit. Update from him: Alexandra Trusova withdraws and is being replaced by Anna Frolova.

Last edited:

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
i kinda expected Sasha to WD based on her comments during the in Love with figure skating its a bummer but not unexpected.