2022-23 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2022-23 South Korean Figure Skating

gotoschool

Medalist
I think Haien Lee should have won the World Championships. She made no mistakes other than fabricated ones by biased tech crews and judges deflated her PCS and GOE. Haein Lee has beautiful grace, smooth fluidity and fast skating with smooth jumps, great musicality and step sequences attuned to the music and even in Japan she brought the crowd to their feet with a standing ovation.
The SP cushion was specially inflated in the first place to make the results happen the way they were designed to be and Kaori's suspect lutz edge is always ignored wth a high GOE like 1.94 for the SP and the LP. Kaori's base value in the LP based on executed elements was a full 7 points lower than Haien Lee largely due to Kaori's suspect lutz edge being overlooked, and to Haein Lee's overly harsh q call on her beautiful triple lutz / triple toe receiving a deflated GOE of -.1. So, Kaori's 7 pointt deficit in the LP in techis reduced to 2 points based on what I consider tech call, GOE and PCS manipulation which extended to a 5 point PCS cushion for Kaori over the SP and LP. I think the complexity of the scoring system and the illusion of mathematical certainty masks the evident manipulation and that the ISU basically dares people to call them out on it since most will go along with biased scoring that fundamentally influences results.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
There are rumours that Minsol Kwon changed coaches and is now training in the same group as Junhwan. Can anyone more knowledgeable about South Korean skating comment on this?

In any case, I'm a huge fan of expressive little kitten Minsol and wish her all the best with her new team!

Weathergal

Medalist
There are rumours that Minsol Kwon changed coaches and is now training in the same group as Junhwan. Can anyone more knowledgeable about South Korean skating comment on this?

In any case, I'm a huge fan of expressive little kitten Minsol and wish her all the best with her new team!
Do you mean she's in Toronto with Junhwan Cha?

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States

According to this Reddit post, Minsol left her coach over a disagreement about overseas traveling (wouldn't allow her to train in Canada over the summer).

Link here