2022-23 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2022-23 South Korean Figure Skating

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
random, but is yuna kim still uber famous in South Korea? I've seen her on a recent fashion magazine. Do South Koreans refer to her as 2x Olympic champ?

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
A little update on the new (only?) South Korean pairs team (Hye-Jin Cho/Steven Adcock):

1. They will be debuting at Nationals
2. Their Free is set to Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No.2
3. Their coach has uploaded an (almost complete) video of their FS

They did 3Tw, 3S+1Eu+2S, 3T, 3STh, FiDSp, 2LoTh.
Excuse me for omitting the lifts, but I have little knowledge about them 😅 For a relatively new pair, in which one partner has never before done pairs, they look phenomenal.

I don't know if there's still time for them to get TES minimums for 4CC (probably not, as most competitions don't even include pairs skating), but Worlds might be a possibility if they can skate like this in an international competition. :pray:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Update on the KBS broadcast: they're only going to show the last two groups of senior women (for both SP and FS). Presumably they're going to show some of the men's performances during the ice resurfacing (for instance, my darling's skates) but don't take my word on it. Will update further if they decide they're going to stream the rest of the competition on their homepage only or something.

Here are the links for the streams (KBS has two channels and they're using KBS 2 for the SP and KBS 1 for the FS), you're going to need a Korean VPN though.

KBS 2 (SP, KST 13:15-16:45) : https://onair.kbs.co.kr/index.html?sname=onair&stype=live&ch_code=12&ch_type=globalList
KBS 1 (FS, KST 15:10-16:40): https://onair.kbs.co.kr/index.html?sname=onair&stype=live&ch_code=11&ch_type=globalList

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
They did 3Tw, 3S+1Eu+2S, 3T, 3STh, FiDSp, 2LoTh.
Excuse me for omitting the lifts, but I have little knowledge about them 😅 For a relatively new pair, in which one partner has never before done pairs, they look phenomenal.

I don't know if there's still time for them to get TES minimums for 4CC (probably not, as most competitions don't even include pairs skating), but Worlds might be a possibility if they can skate like this in an international competition. :pray:
How wonderful to see. Not just getting better in ID (an excellent jr team) but now also in pairs. Sure, there is a lot to work on, but the jumps are looking good, there is already a 3Tw - not a double, the lifts need work but that's perfectly okay for now. There is time. And, yes, wouldn't it be great to see them at Worlds. And what an experience for them. Very welcome at Challenge Cup (February, chance to get those TES) in The Netherlands - which means I could see them for real.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Hyung-Kyung Choi, one of the coach mentioned on her Instagram that Eunsoo recently joined her team.

I just encountered this news and I'm trying not to cry in front of the junior women

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just encountered this news and I'm trying not to cry in front of the junior women
I don’t understand. Are you crying tears of happiness or sadness? This means Eunsoo is back to competing. So, this must be good news. Maybe, with Mariah Bell retiring, Eunsoo decided to make a comeback 🤔

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Eunsoo is only 19. That's sad. I wonder why she decided to retire.

icetug

Medalist
I'm sorry but I can't acknowledge her retirement. I will believe that this is just a break after which she will return to the competition...

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Eunsoo has retired? Oh, I will miss her... are there ice shows in South Korea, where we might see her again sometimes?