2022 CS IceChallenge Senior Pairs Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022 CS IceChallenge Senior Pairs Free Skate

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I missed Sophia and Livio today, but so glad to read here that they got their tech minimums! :clap: Congrats of course also to all the other pairs who achieved this!

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Also, Ellie and Danny now have won a Challenger event, meaning they're on the GP replacement list. Do you think they'll get one of the open spots?

I'm assuming NHK Trophy is too close, I don't think they'll replace the pair that withdrew, but it should be possible to add a pair to GP Espoo.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also, Ellie and Danny now have won a Challenger event, meaning they're on the GP replacement list. Do you think they'll get one of the open spots?

I'm assuming NHK Trophy is too close, I don't think they'll replace the pair that withdrew, but it should be possible to add a pair to GP Espoo.
That would be amazing! I’m so excited!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
US has 3 pairs spots at Worlds and we’ve been wondering who to fill the other 2 with…

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
US has 3 pairs spots at Worlds and we’ve been wondering who to fill the other 2 with…
Right now, I'd say Alexa and Brandon (obviously) and Emily and Spencer are sure bets, but Ellie and Danny have just made a really strong statement for that third spot.

momrk

Medalist
Country
United-States
Interesting to see the scores for Kam/O'Shea. Didn't get to watch, will be interested in watching if video is available. Also, how nice if U.S. can hold on to those three spots for Worlds?

yesterday

Record Breaker
Interesting to see the scores for Kam/O'Shea. Didn't get to watch, will be interested in watching if video is available. Also, how nice if U.S. can hold on to those three spots for Worlds?
yes should stay available.

SkateTM0102

On the Ice

The pairs part of the competition wasn’t actually a Challenger so I don’t think they can go on the GP replacement list unfortunately. However, with so few pairs, maybe the rules will change? Also, I enjoyed Ellie and Danny but you can definitely see the benefits of having a strong male partner. He carried them today. I’m not sure her triple sal or her double axel would make it through at a GP, or ISU championship. They do have beautiful lifts and I would imagine if they are healthy they will be going to World’s. I think they are probably better than C/H. I wonder how long Danny plans to continue? Congrats to them, it was a great first outing.