2022 Olympic Entries | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2022 Olympic Entries

Ktriplelutz

Rinkside
Country
United-States
And I really want to see Madi and Zach with an Olympic medal, bc I love them and they really need that in their last season

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Mugshots are online on the Olympic website

The once in a 4 year game about who looks scarier/different from we are used to, can start....
To start with: in the ones I've looked at, most athletes seemed recognisable at least from other pictures I've seen of them (no too old pictures, which could be a problem with the under-age athletes who are still in the phase of maturing - especially in their faces). But some are just unflattering (Kirsten Moore-Towers comes to mind).

But....I haven't looked everyone up! So, there might be some where this is the other way round!

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Some of the pictures look very nice! Yuzu and Shoma just used the ones from JSF and Deniss went with one from the pre-ponytail era... but the Russian team's are SO BAD. I cannot stop laughing at poor Kamila's. The quality is awful and I think someone just whipped out a camera and was like "smile" hence the deer-in-headlights expression.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Some of the pictures look very nice! Yuzu and Shoma just used the ones from JSF and Deniss went with one from the pre-ponytail era... but the Russian team's are SO BAD. I cannot stop laughing at poor Kamila's. The quality is awful and I think someone just whipped out a camera and was like "smile" hence the deer-in-headlights expression.
It's only some of the Russian team who have bad ones. Mishina's picture is very pretty, for example. But yeah, poor Kamila. And Bukin's is very yellow. Some of the team USA ones also seem like someone just grabbed a camera and gave them no warning.

Ivan Shmuratko is apparently from a time with no colour photography. And Adrian Diaz seems to have used a pink light in his. Ryabkova's also looks like someone put a blue filter on it.

And with so many serious faces, I find Grassl's pretty funny.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Have the skaters arrived in China? I am hoping we'll get practice reports when they begin.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I didn't realize that so many skaters had such unflattering photos. A photographer has true talent when he manages to make Jason Brown look miserable:LOL:

Donovan on the other hand managed to sneak a flattering photo in there. ;)

balabam

🥕🥕🌵🌵😈😀
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia
Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hate everything. No Misha and no White Crow at the Olympics 😫😫😫😢😢😢

@sworddance21 said:
I just saw that. I was really looking forward to the White Crow.

Let me take this opportunity to invite you both to enjoy US Pairs Team Ashley Cain-Gribble and Timothy Leduc's short program to The White Crow, scheduled to appear at the Olympics. It's awesome, and so appropriate to their emotional journeys, too.

When CG/L announced this music, I wasn't happy. But they convinced me. I absolutely love their interpretation and skating to it, especially the Step Sequence, which highlights their gorgeous lines.

Also, I'm hoping to see Kolyada's White Crow again at Worlds. It's fabulous, and so well suited to him. So sad for him. I can't imagine how he's going to feel in the coming weeks.

ivanja

On the Ice
Country
Croatia
Okay, looks like the Russian federation was way too hasty in withdrawing Kolyada.

There is a multitude of athletes already in Beijing who tested positive. It's not game over for them. The isolation can be shortened if they collect a set number of negative daily tests. This is feasible, especially if the athlete concerned was asymptomatic when testing positive.

Kolyada was positive like last week (or even earlier...?). I wouldn't be surprised if he were negative for days by this point...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Okay, looks like the Russian federation was way too hasty in withdrawing Kolyada.

There is a multitude of athletes already in Beijing who tested positive. It's not game over for them. The isolation can be shortened if they collect a set number of negative daily tests. This is feasible, especially if the athlete concerned was asymptomatic when testing positive.

Kolyada was positive like last week (or even earlier...?). I wouldn't be surprised if he were negative for days by this point...
1) he did feel ill
2) he was also already injured
3) you cannot fly to China without a negative test... there is a difference with landing there and being put in isolation until you can join the bubble after testing negative and not being able to board a plane. Athletes need to arrive on site before their event ... for the team event, that was probably not long enough... for the men? Very doubtful .
4) there was a whole thread about this... i guess the topic is closed as we will not get more information at this point.

ivanja

On the Ice
Country
Croatia
1) he did feel ill
2) he was also already injured
3) you cannot fly to China without a negative test... there is a difference with landing there and being put in isolation until you can join the bubble after testing negative and not being able to board a plane. Athletes need to arrive on site before their event : I have read February 1st... that's not long enough for anyone getting covid last week to board a plane.
Didn't know about the first two points. However, there is also whole other group of athletes with positive/inconclusive tests who are still hoping to collect 3 negative tests in order to be allowed to board a plane. Some have been cleared.

Country
Norway
It´s not just to "produce" a negative test after having covid, even as asymptomatic. It sounds great in theory but it´s not. There are already a couple of nations reporting they are having problems that athletes who recently had covid and tested negative before departure tested positive in China because of the higher threshold test. I know they are in dialoge with IOC about those cases and how they can be solved, but there hasn´t been any solution yet.