2022 Reykjavik International Games | Golden Skate

2022 Reykjavik International Games

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2022 Reykjavik International Games is an annual multi-sport event and will take place Feb 4-6, 2022, in Reykjavík, Iceland, at the Laugardalur Ice Arena. The event will feature the Singles disciplines (Women and Men) for figure skating in the Novice, Junior and Senior categories and will be conducted in accordance with the ISU Constitution and General Regulations 2021, the Special Regulations & Technical Rules Single & Pair Skating and Ice Dance 2021, and the relevant ISU Communications.

Country
Norway
@CaroLiza_fan I think you will like this entries list a lot! Skaters from Mexico, Argentina and Irland with more :love: In junior ladies there are to Irish skaters with the same surname, Darcy and Adare Condon. Do you know anything about them? Siblings?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
@CaroLiza_fan I think you will like this entries list a lot! Skaters from Mexico, Argentina and Irland with more :love: In junior ladies there are to Irish skaters with the same surname, Darcy and Adare Condon. Do you know anything about them? Siblings?

Yep, they are sisters. They are actually from New York, and only switched to Ireland a few years ago.

It is so impressive that a country where figure skating is such a fringe sport can gather together 4 skaters for the one competition. I'm not sure if they have all gone to the same international competition before. With them all coming from different countries, it can't be easy to co-ordinate.

There are plenty of girls from your part of the world competing too! It'll verging on being the Norwegian Championships, Round 2! :laugh:

I'm confused, though. The first skater I adopted, Jenni Saarinen, is entered in this event. I would have thought she would have needed to already be in Beijing by next week.

On the down side, it is so disappointing to see the lack of Men's skaters at this event:

• one in Seniors (Lauri Lankila, FIN)
  • one in Juniors (Ed Appleby, GBR)
  • none in any other level

I wonder if there will be a livestream. If there is, I will be torn. I would like to see how the 4 Irish girls get on. But the youngest skater I have adopted is competing at the Sofia Trophy.

It's a wonder that there are competitions happening at the same time as the Olympics.

CaroLiza_fan

Country
Norway
Yep, they are sisters. They are actually from New York, and only switched to Ireland a few years ago.

It is so impressive that a country where figure skating is such a fringe sport can gather together 4 skaters for the one competition. I'm not sure if they have all gone to the same international competition before. With them all coming from different countries, it can't be easy to co-ordinate.

There are plenty of girls from your part of the world competing too! It'll verging on being the Norwegian Championships, Round 2! :laugh:

I'm confused, though. The first skater I adopted, Jenni Saarinen, is entered in this event. I would have thought she would have needed to already be in Beijing by next week.

On the down side, it is so disappointing to see the lack of Men's skaters at this event:

I wonder if there will be a livestream. If there is, I will be torn. I would like to see how the 4 Irish girls get on. But the youngest skater I have adopted is competing at the Sofia Trophy.

It's a wonder that there are competitions happening at the same time as the Olympics.

CaroLiza_fan
Thank you! Interesting that they are Americans, I will watch out for them.

I believe Jenni will WD, the list is perhaps not updated yet.

I´m also a little surprised that there is so few senior skaters. The ladies field is quite small altso.

I think there will be a live stream yes. Well, at least this will be when the Team Events starts and that´s all in the middle of the night here so I would just rewatch it with the Eurosport Player (Yes, i´m thrilled that Eurosport bought the rights for Olympics so now I can finally enjoy the Player again)

thorag

On the Ice
Country
Iceland

CaroLiza_fan
Yes Jenni is WD

thorag

On the Ice
Country
Iceland
Thank you! Interesting that they are Americans, I will watch out for them.

I believe Jenni will WD, the list is perhaps not updated yet.

I´m also a little surprised that there is so few senior skaters. The ladies field is quite small altso.

I think there will be a live stream yes. Well, at least this will be when the Team Events starts and that´s all in the middle of the night here so I would just rewatch it with the Eurosport Player (Yes, i´m thrilled that Eurosport bought the rights for Olympics so now I can finally enjoy the Player again)
We think its the qualification deadline for bigger comps and that many countries have already chosen their entries for Worlds. But we usually have more seniors than this.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Just been looking at the lists of entrees and I'm surprised to see Mikai van Ommeren there. So far this season she has withdrawn from nearly every competition she was entered for. Not because of injury but because she is experiencing problems with combining skating with school. I hope of course she'll be really be here. She was quite a promising skater in het Advanced Novice days....

Country
Norway
I read on the website that the draw will be tomorrow and published shortly afterwards, so I guess if she is on the list there she hasn´t WD at least.

I see senior ladies are down to only 4 skaters now. Two Norwegian girls, Aldis and a skater from Finland. It should still be enough to count for minimums as they are from 3 different countries.

On the other hand, there is quite a bunch of skaters in junior and novice girls. 5 of the Norwegian novice skaters I don´t even recognize their names, so that must be their first international competition.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Where do I find those mysterious entry lists? Somehow I can't locate them on the RIG homepage...

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I wonder if Lauri Lankila is interested to go while he is only one in men He may want to look for TES as well for worlds, because none of Finish the men has it. I am not sure if his skills are enough, but without trying it does not success. Makar S. is competing at Sofia at the same time and he has the best possibility to get, even betten than Valtter V, because he has been quite close. Makar can jump 3A, he just has been careful to try it lately.

I am not sure if I will be with you ladies and gentlemen, because I may go to countryside to my old childhood home, where the internet is not working very well and I have lots of work to do there, but I may try check something by my mobile when I have time. There is just so many competitions to choose between.

Country
Norway
I wonder if Lauri Lankila is interested to go while he is only one in men He may want to look for TES as well for worlds, because none of Finish the men has it. I am not sure if his skills are enough, but without trying it does not success. Makar S. is competing at Sofia at the same time and he has the best possibility to get, even betten than Valtter V, because he has been quite close. Makar can jump 3A, he just has been careful to try it lately.

I am not sure if I will be with you ladies and gentlemen, because I may go to countryside to my old childhood home, where the internet is not working very well and I have lots of work to do there, but I may try check something by my mobile when I have time. There is just so many competitions to choose between.
Sadly since he is the only one competing in senior men the scores won´t count towards minimum TES :( It must be at least 2 athletes from 2 different countries.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Sadly since he is the only one competing in senior men the scores won´t count towards minimum TES :( It must be at least 2 athletes from 2 different countries.
Yes, and that's why I thought if he is still interested. He does not belong to official national team so at least he gets experience so maybe he will go.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Where do I find those mysterious entry lists? Somehow I can't locate them on the RIG homepage...

And here is the Entries / Results page for tomorrow's Interclub competitions:

https://iceskate.is/wp-content/uploads/mot/2022/RIG2022-Interclub/html/

Are all the girls in these competitions Icelandic? Because I see a few surnames without the -dóttir suffix. Are families starting to not use the traditional naming conventions?

By the way, I see we are down to 3 Irish girls in Juniors. Elizabeth Golding has disappeared.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Are all the girls in these competitions Icelandic? Because I see a few surnames without the -dóttir suffix. Are families starting to not use the traditional naming conventions?

I'm an idiot. I just looked at the tables again, but this time paying more attention to what was written in the Club column for these skaters with the strange names. And I started to realise what some of the abbreviations stood for.

OSLO - Oslo (NOR)
BASIN - Basingstoke (GBR)
BERGE - Bergen (NOR)

So, yes, there are foreign girls taking part in the Interclub competitions.

@ladyjane - I know you have already posted in the Dutch thread about the Advanced Novice and Junior skaters that are here. But we also have a Dutch girl in the first competition to be held today. Jazlynn HOPPENER will be the 10th skater to go in the Basic Novice Ladies FS.

CaroLiza_fan

Country
Norway
I'm an idiot. I just looked at the tables again, but this time paying more attention to what was written in the Club column for these skaters with the strange names. And I started to realise what some of the abbreviations stood for.

OSLO - Oslo (NOR)
BASIN - Basingstoke (GBR)
BERGE - Bergen (NOR)

So, yes, there are foreign girls taking part in the Interclub competitions.

@ladyjane - I know you have already posted in the Dutch thread about the Advanced Novice and Junior skaters that are here. But we also have a Dutch girl in the first competition to be held today. Jazlynn HOPPENER will be the 10th skater to go in the Basic Novice Ladies FS.

CaroLiza_fan
That is very confusing indeed!

I found the result page to be quite confusing too, because the entries list is not sorted after countries :scratch2: