2022 Skate America Where Are You Watching? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate America Where Are You Watching?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I am watching on Peacock and the stream has been ok except this morning watching the practice cam it got blurry and weird for a couple of minutes. What I really can't figure out is why Peacock is showing graphics that give the skater's name and then Team USA or Team Japan and so forth. This is not a team event! I have no idea what is on broadcast NBC or any of the USA, etc. channels because I don't have cable or satellite tv but wonder if they are doing the same thing.

I am happy that ISU is archiving videos. I may try getting a VPN after Skate America is over.
Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle! I have Proton Free and this morning I got the Pairs short. The app says the download speed is terrible (600k) but its looks fine on the big screen. Oddly, there is kind of a hazy section that passes through the laptop screen occasionally but does NOT show up on the big screen which is connected to laptop with an HDMI. Quality is a bit below Peacock but its very watchable and maybe is perfect if you pay the $6 a month for the speed increase. There is this English guy who cant speak American but even though he comments, he is not a ratched jaw like Tara and Johnny. Two thumbs up. (Hi Andy and Ev and Clarence!!!)
a andy.jpg

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks for mentioning that. It’s happened a few times and I wondered if it was my tv or cable connection that was at fault.
The two minutes of blurry occasionally has been a constant issue for Peacock and I always put it down to my internet speed which is about as fast as Morris code....but now I have to wonder.....

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am watching on Peacock and the stream has been ok except this morning watching the practice cam it got blurry and weird for a couple of minutes. What I really can't figure out is why Peacock is showing graphics that give the skater's name and then Team USA or Team Japan and so forth. This is not a team event! I have no idea what is on broadcast NBC or any of the USA, etc. channels because I don't have cable or satellite tv but wonder if they are doing the same thing.

I am happy that ISU is archiving videos. I may try getting a VPN after Skate America is over.
All this weird stuff and uncertainty is exactly why I went this route and I consider it one of my smarter decision.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
All this weird stuff and uncertainty is exactly why I went this route and I consider it one of my smarter decision.
Since I have spotty intermittant internet, I think that is most of my Peacock issues....glad I got the VPN and will rewatch a bit. I did record NBC Rabbit ears today to remind myself what Johnny and Tara are like....which is like shoving bamboo slivers under your finger nails...

luvsasha

Final Flight
For me, Peacock wasn't working at all on two different browsers for live stream.

Yesterday used CBC feed with Touch VPN, today used Proton VPN on ISU stream.

DancingCactus

Final Flight
So, Opera VPN doesn't seem to be working for me. Any recs for a safe, free VPN? The only alternative seems to be to pay for the stupid Eurosport Player. There barely are any videos on YouTube of select skaters, zero women or ID, but of course several of Malinin. -_-

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
So, Opera VPN doesn't seem to be working for me. Any recs for a safe, free VPN? The only alternative seems to be to pay for the stupid Eurosport Player. There barely are any videos on YouTube of select skaters, zero women or ID, but of course several of Malinin. -_-
I am happy with free Proton. It gives a constant download speed which is low but the skating is THEIR for some reason. $6 to go to high speed Proton with many more countries. I used Neatherlands server 1. Will try it out more and report back.

sk8dc

On the Ice
Sitting in Canada. Peacock won’t work tho I am a subscriber. CBC thinks I am not in Canada. What the?!?!