2022 Skate Canada Who's Going & Live Reports | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate Canada Who's Going & Live Reports

16Olympics

On the Ice
Gabby really brought it. It was great to see Rika out there with her very supportive coach. I liked Young more than Maddie but only by a little.

auser

Record Breaker
i hear you... but my work is my passion ;) so it's not really work ;) i just do what i love and get paid for it ;)

I guess I simplified my post above a bit too much :) I am preparing a bunch of young musicians right now but I am more or less done for the week... a few hours only tomorrow and i guess i could have managed with a very last minute flight to Toronto and manage to do most of my mentoring..... etc etc

figure skating is a passion but a lower ranked one... of course, it doesn't look like it considering how busy i am on this board LOL

PS I did take the needed time to see Patrick's 2017 Nationals including the beautiful new 4salchow of his... and i do not regret it...

i had also managed to free up most of the worlds 2020 week.. and was attending pretty much the whole event except for women's short...IIRC

BUT... covid killed that
So happy for you that work is passion you are paid for. :)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
really work ;) i just do what i love and get paid for it ;)

I guess I simplified my post above a bit too much :) I am preparing a bunch of young musicians right now but I am more or less done for the week... a few hours only tomorrow and i guess i could have managed with a very last minute flight to Toronto and manage to do most of my mentoring..... etc etc

figure skating is a passion but a lower ranked one... of course, it doesn't look like it considering how busy i am on this board LOL

PS I did take the needed time to see Patrick's 2017 Nationals including the beautiful new 4salchow of his... and i do not regret it...

i had also managed to free up most of the worlds 2020 week.. and was attending pretty much the whole event except for women's short...IIRC

BUT... covid killed that
I hear you too. And I am in a different place in life. When I retired, I had to give up wilderness canoeing, home brewing, and fishing cause I lost all my free time. I love skating but compared to camping out 30 days a year, motorcycle touring, aircraft racing, and cruising, well, I go to the events I can. And now that one third of the Sierra Nevada forest is dead and my trees are dieing also, I have to spend lots of time killing trees so that others might live...and I dont burn to death in the middle of the night.....we all have to make choices with our passions....but as my old folks motorcycle touring web group says....dont put off things for ever that we have never done....like seeing MK win Nats....:bang::bang::bang:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I hear you too. And I am in a different place in life. When I retired, I had to give up wilderness canoeing, home brewing, and fishing cause I lost all my free time. I love skating but compared to camping out 30 days a year, motorcycle touring, aircraft racing, and cruising, well, I go to the events I can. And now that one third of the Sierra Nevada forest is dead and my trees are dieing also, I have to spend lots of time killing trees so that others might live...and I dont burn to death in the middle of the night.....we all have to make choices with our passions....but as my old folks motorcycle touring web group says....dont put off things for ever that we have never done....like seeing MK win Nats....:bang::bang::bang:
this may surprise you BUT... I have yet to see this boy
<====== skate live.... when i attended Nationals, i couldn't do juniors.. (he was still a junior in 2017) ... and then... it never coincided again that I attend a live event that he is participating at.... and now that he moved West... it will be even harder as he won't do summer events in my timezone... So... he better qualify for worlds 2024,

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When I retired I gained tons of free time and I loved it. The money not so much, but the time is awesome.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
CBC livestream is on. Kaetlyn is talking about Ravi wanting her to do the triple axel. She said that she went up to make her 2axel as big as possible to leave room for an extra revolution but it's a pretty scary jump and that's how far she would go... but now more and more women are trying it... etc.. warm up on the ice....

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
CBC livestream is on. Kaetlyn is talking about Ravi wanting her to do the triple axel. She said that she went up to make her 2axel as big as possible to leave room for an extra revolution but it's a pretty scary jump and that's how far she would go... but now more and more women are trying it... etc.. warm up on the ice....
I heard that. I’m glad she realized her limit to prevent unnecessary injuries. But, thoughts like this, is what prevents athletes from realizing their full potential. I think 3A is an element that should be pushed more in the ladies field.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I heard that. I’m glad she realized her limit to prevent unnecessary injuries. But, thoughts like this, is what prevents athletes from realizing their full potential. I think 3A is an element that should be pushed more in the ladies field.
I think Kaetlyn realised enough of her potential. And for her, after the freak injury she had, it was a smart choice... on top of that, her competitors were not doing quads nor triple axels