2023-24 Retirements, Splits and New Partnerships | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Retirements, Splits and New Partnerships

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I know this is meant as a joke, but Corey wouldn't be solving the height issue, he's just as tall as Nicholas.😅 I'd like to see her with someone closer to 170-175 cm, that would still be plenty of height difference.
I was certainly joking about this :) can you imagine ? Corey, left dance, then Canada... Dana, leaves Nicholas and Canada... and in the end, they are both in Italy, doing dance, mismatched physically. :)

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Interesting profles
Dana has dual citizenship (Italy) and open to skate for other countries. She and Corey could team up LOL
Tristan can land pretty much all triple jumps (no 3a) as well as 3-3 combos.
With Tristan's experience in pairs, a strong singles skaters with a nice triple lutz or a good 3t-3t + 2a would be very good.
What does Gabriel Farand's jump arsenal look like? I don't expect Fiona to remain such a good jumper as she moves to focus on pairs, but anything more than a 3T and 3S could be an amazing advantage over the rest of the Canadian field.

icedancefan17

Spectator
I was certainly joking about this :) can you imagine ? Corey, left dance, then Canada... Dana, leaves Nicholas and Canada... and in the end, they are both in Italy, doing dance, mismatched physically. :)
It’s crazy how skating happens sometimes. But most things happen for a reason - Corey is doing well for Italy so far! As far as Dana, not sure what the situation is, meaning I don’t know who left who, but I’m sure she will find someone soon as she has a good skating resume.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
What does Gabriel Farand's jump arsenal look like? I don't expect Fiona to remain such a good jumper as she moves to focus on pairs, but anything more than a 3T and 3S could be an amazing advantage over the rest of the Canadian field.
I don't know... but considering they were trying 2a-1a-2a...i am not counting on exotic pairs triple... It's just sad because Fiona's best jump is her 3lz... I remember back then, Meagan saying her best jumps was her 3lo... which Eric didn't have.. good they had a 3lz

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Based on his Instagram post and the comments on it, it looks like Gabriel Farand is retiring. That would mean that Gabriel Farand/Fiona Bombardier (pairs, Canada) have split.

Source.
that's too bad. I really liked him. Is Fiona too tall for Thierry ?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sadly Maia Sørensen (Denmark) is retiring because of hip injury :(

I was thinking about her yesterday wondering why she hadn´t been competing all season. She was on summer camps and did new choreography this summer so I thought she would make a return.

She doesn't look old enough to have skated for 15 years.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
She doesn't look old enough to have skated for 15 years.
Look at the pictures after the first one. And if she'd been skating since very young (3/4), yeah she's been skating 15 years. She's 19.

Imnotyou3

Spectator
that's too bad. I really liked him. Is Fiona too tall for Thierry ?
I was present for the 2024 Canadian Nationals in Calgary. During the warm-up, Fiona seemed to refuse and ignore Gabriel during their warm-up when every other team was warming up together. This would be sad of Gabriel were to retire as he truly has a beautiful line to him and is by far, a superior skater. Good luck to everybody.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
From the Russian Pairs thread, Valeri Kolesov (who was paired with Yasmina Kadyrova) has retired.
Valeri Kolesov has announced his retirement. He said that he has reached his limit.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was informed that Alexander Samarin announced his retirement today after he competed at an event in Russia I did not watch. I don't think I remember any of his programs, but I haven't been taking my Prevagen regularly since 2021. Best wishes to all!

Source: https://socialbites.ca/sports/498442.html
Its not his programs that are memorable, its his shirts. :). I am sad because he always seemed like a nice guy.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I was informed that Alexander Samarin announced his retirement today after he competed at an event in Russia I did not watch. I don't think I remember any of his programs, but I haven't been taking my Prevagen regularly since 2021. Best wishes to all!

Source: https://socialbites.ca/sports/498442.html

Its not his programs that are memorable, its his shirts. :).

Par exemple:

Shutterstock_10536906dg.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/alexander.samarin/p/CzB8_5UIY5q/

Actually, the slideshow on this page on the Edea website shows a good selection:

https://edeaskates.com/en/ice/edea-family/men/alexander-samarin/

But, to be fair, I always think of him when somebody does a "Greatest Showman" programme.

I am sad because he always seemed like a nice guy.

Yeah, strange taste in fashion aside, he does seem like a nice guy.

All the best for the future Sasha!

CaroLiza_fan

niks

On the Ice
Sasha is a charismatic and entertaining skater who connected with the public and always tried to give them an extra something more.

And indeed he always did look like a nice, humble and funny person, and was highly spoken of by those who skated and trained with him.
His retirement is sad news and he will be missed.

Best of luck and success to him in his future projects and life!

Last edited: