2023-24 Retirements, Splits and New Partnerships | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Retirements, Splits and New Partnerships

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Maria Kazakova / Georgy Reviya (GEO, Ice Dance) have split :(

Masha is looking for a new partner. With Georgy's extensive history of serious injuries (including a meniscus surgery in February), I would unfortunately not be surprised if he wasn't able to continue.

Sad news 😭 wishing them both all the best in the future, on or off ice.

I still wish they'd won Jr Worlds in 2020, but alas it was not to be.

Weathergal

Medalist

Masha is looking for a new partner. With Georgy's extensive history of serious injuries (including a meniscus surgery in February), I would unfortunately not be surprised if he wasn't able to continue.

I really liked this team, but, as you mentioned, he just had so many injuries. I wish them both the best -- and for him to be able to continue if he wishes.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
The translated version of Misato's instagram post states: As for my future plans, I will participate in ice shows as a professional skater with Tim, so please contact me.

This suggests that Tim may also be retiring from competition.
TSL translation left much to be desired. I think only someone who speaks Japanese and understands the real context and nuances can give us a true translation. N
I'm also surprised by this for the reason ladyjane mentioned. If they both were retiring, that would not be all that surprising, considering how many years they've competed, they reached their Olympic dream, and it looks like they have some promising teams nipping at their heels. And, considering Misato's injuries - I didn't realize she had so many - it also makes sense.

But Tim possibly continuing without Misato surprises me, perhaps because they're married. Although there's certainly precedent for it - ex. Alexa Knierim continuing with Brandon Frazier.

I agree it sounds like he's retiring from skating when Misato mentions she'd be open to skating with him professionally, but apparently he's "considering his options," and he hasn't actually announced retirement, so who knows?
He used to skate with beautiful Yura Min so I am guessing at 32 he probably wont go on with another partner. He knows how much work it is to start over again as it is. And how much time it takes away from family life. (Chris of course helps coach his wife).

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Many Junior teams in Canada this year have split. However, saying that, new teams always form.

Jamie Fournier did Junior dance with Anthony Haddad before Everest Zhu.
thanks for the correction. I didn't catch that one... very short lived partnership too. What happened to Anthony ? Retired ?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
thanks for the correction. I didn't catch that one... very short lived partnership too. What happened to Anthony ? Retired ?

Nope. He's come over this side of the Atlantic to partner Sophia BUSHELL (GBR).

ISU Bio; Rink Results Bio; Skating Scores Bio 1 & Skating Scores Bio 2

25th August 2023: August Qualifier FD (No commentary)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1-qDMsNBIg

EDIT: Just read through the comments on that video that @La Rhumba uploaded, and it turns out that this was an even shorter-lived partnership than the one with Jamie Fournier (CAN). What she found while digging around for more info suggests that Sophia and Anthony didn't get on very well. I wonder if this is a recurring issue for Anthony. If it is, it could explain why he has had so many short-lived partnerships.​

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
TSL translation left much to be desired. I think only someone who speaks Japanese and understands the real context and nuances can give us a true translation. N

He used to skate with beautiful Yura Min so I am guessing at 32 he probably wont go on with another partner. He knows how much work it is to start over again as it is. And how much time it takes away from family life. (Chris of course helps coach his wife).
I read her original announcement and a couple of news articles about it. Misato was in pain from injuries throughout the 23/24 season and says she was proud that the team nonetheless scored personal bests. I suspect she is seriously thinking about starting a family. AFAIK Tim hasn't commented at all (both articles said "he is considering his options") and although it seems likely that he too will retire, who knows? Maybe he will partner someone in Japan and have a stab at going to another Olympics? The younger senior teams are still quite new and inconsistent, so anything is possible.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands

What a pity. I liked them so much, and I think they did good work to set Georgia on the skating map. Good luck to both of them!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Nope. He's come over this side of the Atlantic to partner Sophia BUSHELL (GBR).

ISU Bio; Rink Results Bio; Skating Scores Bio 1 & Skating Scores Bio 2

25th August 2023: August Qualifier FD (No commentary)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1-qDMsNBIg

EDIT: Just read through the comments on that video that @La Rhumba uploaded, and it turns out that this was an even shorter-lived partnership than the one with Jamie Fournier (CAN). What she found while digging around for more info suggests that Sophia and Anthony didn't get on very well. I wonder if this is a recurring issue for Anthony. If it is, it could explain why he has had so many short-lived partnerships.​

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan
another one we sent you guys :) @Ruthypegs :)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
another one we sent you guys :) @Ruthypegs :)

Ah, but he's American, so he doesn't count. ;)

The very short-lived partnership with Jamie was Anthony's only partnership for Canada. All his previous partnerships were for America.

By the way, further to my previous post, the partnership with Kelsey SCHAUB (USA) was the only partnership I can find for Anthony that lasted more than one season.

CaroLiza_fan

icetug

Medalist

Masha is looking for a new partner.
I loved them during their junior years, however they didn't shine as much as seniors, due to injuries visibly.

If Maria is open to everything... I still wish Bruce Waddel would return to ice dance... They would suit to each other really well.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I read her original announcement and a couple of news articles about it. Misato was in pain from injuries throughout the 23/24 season and says she was proud that the team nonetheless scored personal bests. I suspect she is seriously thinking about starting a family. AFAIK Tim hasn't commented at all (both articles said "he is considering his options") and although it seems likely that he too will retire, who knows? Maybe he will partner someone in Japan and have a stab at going to another Olympics? The younger senior teams are still quite new and inconsistent, so anything is possible.
He has now commented on IG and has recieved 3,000 likes. Sai Bon, I am sending you a private message.

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
And another Ice Dance split, this time of a US team - Helena Carhart / Volodymyr Horovyi.
Helena is looking for a new partner and Volodymyr has retired and is now coaching. They were unable to compete for most of this season due to injuries.

I am sad about this and also Emmy Bronsard/Jacob Richmond split. I really enjoy both Helena and Emmy so I hope they can find good partners that match their level. It really is gutting getting attached to teams when they are juniors 😭 I had such a high hopes for Emmy and Aïssa back in the day and also thought Helen and Voldomyr were quite special at junior worlds last year.