2023 Canadian Nationals Jr. Men's Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 Canadian Nationals Jr. Men's Short Program

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Paradis won't win Nationals this year... wow... the jumps... even a fall in the steps... his 3 spins will probably be the highest scoring spins from the entire field... but yeah... not his day

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
it will be tight between Edward and Grayson. Grayson went clean as well..... I prefer Edward who I find more exciting to watch but Grayson is very steady and confident.

Sackie

Medalist
Wow if only Grayson had a 3A!!!!!! Weird that he doesn't do one since he is a quick rotator.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Wow if only Grayson had a 3A!!!!!! Weird that he doesn't do one since he is a quick rotator.
Did you see how high Edward jump for his 3a? I think that may be the challenge for Grayson at this point. Fast rotation and great tight air position but not powerful enough yet for the big tricks. The good news is that boys get that with time.

For instance, the last skater, at 18, while many of the boys there were 14-16... he was jumping much bigger .. though he wasn't as good as a skater today... but we could see the power in his jumps

Sackie

Medalist
Yes they did but at the time she was not even on any one's radar as winning and I think she had at that point only ever competed as a JR. But I also think it was her team's decision cause they were thinking back to what happened to Tracy Waiman.

yesterday

Record Breaker
I could only look with one eye besides work and now I checked the protocols. Live I had the impression there were much more falls than just 4 :scratch2:and that's choas boys, so I didn't wonder. But maybe it was just "low" stepouts.

Scores seem to be accurate? Everything still possible, nerve wrecking FS guaranteed?