2023 JGP Bangkok Jr. Rhythm Dance | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Bangkok Jr. Rhythm Dance

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
That’s what I get for asking the computer to translate.
the computer gave you a traditional translation in which bête = animal= stupid and it is used as well. So it did its job, In this context, in Québec though, avoir l'air bête is an idiomatic expression meaning you look grumpy or being sort of abrupt with people, having a resting b face ;) .... Sometimes people say, t'as l'air bête comme tes deux pieds.

in tabarnane... well it's a soft way to swear...

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
the computer gave you a traditional translation in which bête = animal= stupid and it is used as well. So it did its job, In this context, in Québec though, avoir l'air bête is an idiomatic expression meaning you look grumpy or being sort of abrupt with people, having a resting b face ;) .... Sometimes people say, t'as l'air bête comme tes deux pieds.

I've a similar story.

Here in Northern Ireland, the word "scundered" has vastly different meanings depending on where you are.

Where I grew up in the middle of the province, it means "fed up", "annoyed". But, Belfast people use it to mean "embarrassed".

Suffice to say, things can get very confusing if you use it when talking to somebody from a different part of the province...

And we're only a small place! :drama: I dread to imagine what it is like in a big country! :eek:

CaroLiza_fan

Andrea82

Medalist
Detailed scores

Pretty much agreement on Neset/Markelov.
A bit more variance on Fradji/Fourneaux. French and Korean judge had them first in PCS. Australian judge had them into third overall (behind Blaasova/Blaas). In general low levels for them. Base Value was only 26.00
Australian judge put Blaasova/Blaas first in PCS

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I got my wish - the South African dance pair's program to "The Lovecats" was an inspired choice for a RD. I know they needed a change of rhythm for the pattern but Laura Branigan's "Self-Control" was an odd choice to pair with The Cure, IMO. Wonder what Robert Smith would think of that, LOL?

Speaking of Laura Branigan - "Gloria" would be a good choice to skate to.

And why is almost everyone else skating to "I love Rock n Roll" and "Still Loving you"? There are thousands upon thousands of songs that could have been used and we are already seeing repeats so early in the season. Both are good songs, but I don't need to hear them ad nauseum.

I'm sorry we did not see the US team - I hope we have a better stream for the FD.

icewhite

Record Breaker
Okay, I haven't read the thread yet, just caught up with the performances...
Have to say I did love Kim/Lee! I have no idea why she's dressed as Madonna and he as Michael Jackson when they are skating to something entirely else, it was the kind of 80s mix that I guess happens when you just mix everything, but it was a super fun performance.

Great lift by Blaasova/Blaas. Otherwise, although her dress was stunning, the program and packaging as a whole was a bit of a mess.

Yuen/Ma made a real effort with their costumes and were fun.

Overall lots of terrible music cuts. Almost everyone struggling to get the second set of keypoints. We all know that female ice dancers are the hottest women and the costumes showed that but I think they often lacked the crazy over the top style that's so remarkable about the 80s. A lot of black and net cut outs had to do the job.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Please tell me I am not too late to adopt Yuen and Ma and his “made in the 80s” shirt. I’m having a terrible day and they cheered me up.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Okay, I haven't read the thread yet, just caught up with the performances...
Have to say I did love Kim/Lee! I have no idea why she's dressed as Madonna and he as Michael Jackson when they are skating to something entirely else, it was the kind of 80s mix that I guess happens when you just mix everything, but it was a super fun performance.

Great lift by Blaasova/Blaas. Otherwise, although her dress was stunning, the program and packaging as a whole was a bit of a mess.

Yuen/Ma made a real effort with their costumes and were fun.

Overall lots of terrible music cuts. Almost everyone struggling to get the second set of keypoints. We all know that female ice dancers are the hottest women and the costumes showed that but I think they often lacked the crazy over the top style that's so remarkable about the 80s. A lot of black and net cut outs had to do the job.
I agree, I was disappointed that so many of them went for black instead of period neon. But, lol, watching FD now, I miss the music from RD so much.

icewhite

Record Breaker

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States