2023 JGP Istanbul Rhythm Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Istanbul Rhythm Dance

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dana SABATINI-SPECIALE / Nicholas BUELOW CAN in hot pink and powder blue channel their inner Virtue & Moir as they skate to Jack & Diane and Pride & Joy. Sadly they were coached by the late Alexandra Paul.

icewhite

Record Breaker
the first song is a very nice, atmospheric choice
I'm so excited on the other hand is just... too overplayed, despite being a nice song

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
and so there go my predictions :biggrin:
Ice Dance has genuinely become very difficult to predict this season, a lot of very open fields with a large number of teams having a similar scoring potential.

Doesn't help that Ice Dance, more than maybe any other discipline, is scored vastly differently nationally and internationally in many countries.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
shakira-whenever-wherever.gif

@norwegianfairytale @balabam you've been summoned

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ambre PERRIER GIANESINI / Samuel BLANC KLAPERMAN FRA with more Pointer Sisters in black with blue. Mistake on the twizzles but they skated with a lot of conviction and style to recover as best as they can. I like this team, they are well matched and work well together.

yyzskater

On the Ice
Hello, you two, what's going on with those Key points?

This is a bit of a warning for the Canadian ice dance panels - If you are very generous with levels at national competitions, your teams will not be able to fix them and they will not get those levels internationally.
I was wondering the same thing. I think their domestic high is like 60+ with similar skates. So unfair for the skaters to get inflated domestically and then get slaughtered internationally

icewhite

Record Breaker
By the end of the year the costumes need to be evaluated and if you aren't 80s you are disqualified from taking part in WC/JWC, unless you change them.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Emma GOODSTADT / Christian BENNETT CAN she in magenta , he in black skate to Love Shack & Black Velvet They seem very slow to me. When doing their 80s homework how many of these skaters saw Rosalynn Sumners as a pro?

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I was wondering the same thing. I think their domestic high is like 60+ with similar skates. So unfair for the skaters to get inflated domestically and then get slaughtered internationally
Exactly. How are you supposed to fix an issue when you are told there's no problem in domestic competitions? It seems cruel to hype them up with big national scores, just for them to be absolutely hammered internationally.

It's really an ethical question for me more than anything, especially as these are often very young skaters, and I feel like this definitely must impact them psychologically.