2023 S.A. Zhuk Memorial - Russian Nationals among Boys and Girls (Younger Age) | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2023 S.A. Zhuk Memorial - Russian Nationals among Boys and Girls (Younger Age)

LadyB

Record Breaker
Fantastic to see that the Moskvich spirit is carried in all coaching teams - the way Dobromir congratulated Mark! Just do it for Moskvich, boys! :love2: :love2: :love2:

LadyB

Record Breaker
The best thing about FS to me is when a skater feels the music, and its particularly awesome when a young kid can do it.
Molodyets, Dobromir!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

katymay

Medalist
Russian figure skating is insane when you think that a 11 years old girl gets a better free score than what has ever been scored at world championships (of course it is not really comparable but still impressive)
Still, when you think that the top three all had quads, in combo-and they were GOOD quads, not those ones you have to look at sideways and upside down to see if they were 'eeked' out. The only weakness of the Russian girls, compared to Japan, is the Step Seq. Of course there is the usual 'children shouldn't do quads', but the truth is quads are here to stay, and unless the ISU does something to 'level the playing field' (lol), they will be a part of the future. Whether they will keep those quads or not, who knows, (I think probably yes for the most part)

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Oh god Poor Samir what a nightmare skate only 1 clean jump :( He is such a beautiful skater and is so so promising, this free is really not a fair representation of his skills:console:

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Well I take it 1 fall isn't that bad:console:
i dont know why Polina and Punin are insisting on such hard transition into that lutz:shrug:

Last edited:

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
shame the last 2 jumps didn't work for Mark but its huge improvement from falling at least 3 times each free. He has improved a lot during this season. its really nice to see:console::clap: