2023 Russian Junior Nationals - Day 2 | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2023 Russian Junior Nationals - Day 2

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Oh, Dasha - It would have been basically impossible for her to hold her position even with a perfectly clean skate, but this is going to drop her not just 2 or 3 spots, unfortunately. 💔

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Congrats to Alina.
I thought that AoP would win the junior title this year after Tutberidze winning streak. Given how much they dominated cup stages. AoP needs a sport psychologist imo. Their skaters always seem to crumble in big events.
When was the last time that a lady who isn't from Tutberidze, Plushy or Mishin won a major title?

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
TES drops:
Zhilina 3Lz+3T<, CCoSp3V(nS)
Gorbacheva FCCoSp4V(nC)
Titova 4S<, 3Lze
Ponteleenko 4T<, 3Lze, 3Lze+2A
Pleskacheva 3Lz!+3T, 3Lz!+2A
Kulikova 3Fe<
Yurova 3Fe, 3Lz+1Eu+3Sq
Agaeva 3Lo<, 3F!, 2A+3Tq
Shcherbinina 3F!, 3Lz<<
Khusnutdinova 3F!<, 3Lzq+3T<

Not surprised to see Labutina 5th in the free. I expected something like this after last stage.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Congrats to Alina.
I thought that AoP would win the junior title this year after Tutberidze winning streak. Given how much they dominated cup stages. AoP needs a sport psychologist imo. Their skaters always seem to crumble in big events.
Eh, I wouldn't say it's an AoP issue. Sofia Muravieva doesn't really crumble under pressure, and Nikita Sarnovskiy also did very well under pressure today. Though of course, all coaching teams should work with sports psychologists, even if their skaters don't crumble under pressure.

Nika has unfortunately had competition nerve issues under all coaches she's been training under, and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the pressure on her came from her own mother.
As for Sofia Titova, ever since she added Ultra-Cs, she's been inconsistent. I believe she is too ambitious and driven, and that leads to her putting too much pressure on herself. Plus, this was her best Free skate ever, despite there probably having been a lot of pressure on her to "prove her worth", it's just that her SP mistake was very costly.

When was the last time that a lady who isn't from Tutberidze, Plushy or Mishin won a major title?
Plushenko's skaters have never won a major title (unless you count the Cup stages?), but the last time a non-Tutberidze skater won a National title was 2014/15 in Seniors (Elena Radionova).

Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
It was Senior Nationals.
Yep, you're of course right. It does still hold true, as the last time Jr Nationals was won by a skater not coached by Team Tutberidze was in 2013/14 (Serafima Sakhanovich, she only moved to Team Tut at the end of the season after she had already won her title).

Last edited:

Remilia

On the Ice
Arrgh, if it wasn't for the mistake in the short .:bang:..but I'm happy Nika was able to keep it together during the free! Despite the mistake in the short, I do think this is a sign that she is finally starting to get over nerves. Also happy Titova was able to climb her way up to 4th with an amazing free, though I'm sure she'd disappointed about not making the podium. That said, I hope their coaching team will reconsider the 3A in the short going into the Cup Final.

And of course, congrats to Alina for a well-deserved win!

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Perhaps, but imo, it really wasn't necessary here, and the risk isn't worth the reward. Though, obviously I wouldn't be saying that if she had landed it :ROFLMAO:
Plushenko has just blamed the judges and said there will be country changes if it continues like it. So I don't think there will be any content changes. :shrug:

Remilia

On the Ice
Plushenko has just blamed the judges and said there will be country changes if it continues like it. So I don't think there will be any content changes. :shrug:
Well...I'm not sure threatening a country switch will do his skaters any favors in the eyes of the fed, but hey, with the way things are going, that might actually be the best thing for them :shrug:
But hopefully he will reconsider the strategy and layout for Nika and Titova.