2023 Russian Junior Nationals - Day 2 | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2023 Russian Junior Nationals - Day 2

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Personally, I'll decide if they were robbed after we see the rest of the skaters' scores. To me, scoring doesn't exist in a vacuum, and if they're going to be strict the whole competition through, that's fine by me, even if I might personally score skaters higher.
And I don't remember Titova scoring 146.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Grishin said her flip was called 'e'. It's not the first time I've seen her with such a big TES drop.
Yep, that would do it. And tbh, fair enough.

However, I also want to say that there are other skaters in this very same competition with less-than-ideal Lutz edges, and I'll definitely be very interested in seeing if they got edge calls.🤔 In recent years, Lutz calls have become rarer, while Flip calls have become more common, and that is at both national and international competitions, which is a very interesting phenomenon, so I'm wondering if that'll also be the case here.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
It was a good skate, for her being so recently injured. Also, the 3Lz+3Lo seems to finally be pretty stable for Lyuba (and exactly in the one season she can't do a +3Lo combination in the Short).

She obviously hoped for more before her injury, but I'm sure she'll be satisfied with her skating at this competition. She did everything she could do.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I must say, Liza's jumps look really good this season. Mostly high and floaty, and nice extension and better flow on the landings. Well done Liza.❤️

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Tbh, Masha's long-term prospects worry me a bit. Apart from her 4T and 4S, her jumps are pretty squirrely already and she looks like she might grow fairly tall. Hopefully, she'll be able to navigate puberty better than some of her (former) training mates (Samodelkina, Liza Berestovskaia).

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
It seems like Rubtsova's 4Lo in the planned content wasn't a mistake. She is working on it and wants to attempt in the final. She decided not to risk it today.