2023 U.S. Nationals Jr. Pairs Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals Jr. Pairs Short Program

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Timmy is currently 22. He was born in September 2000. Why would they pair these two then? Just for the experience?

Baram/Tioutmentsev are in a similar situation. I think Sonia will be 16 this year, so maybe 2024 - 2025 season they can compete internationally.

That's a huge age difference between Ellie and Timmy. Has anyone said in interviews what the reasoning is behind their pairing, and what the plans are going forward?
Sorry when I met him he was 21 (which was in July). My apologies for the error. We talked a decent amount for a skater to talk to a random person at an ice show. I had noticed him with Catherine Rivers in Nashville. I think they were training in Nashville at the time and he wanted to go to Todd and Jenni. Anyway I asked him if he had a new partner and he said yes and I asked if he could tell me who she was and he told me. Of course I hadn’t heard of her. I asked him how he liked working with Todd and Jenni, he was really enthusiastic and said something about how inspirational skating in the same rink as the World Champions. I told him how much it stunk to be a skating fan and seeing all the retirements but it was even worse not knowing (I was thinking of Danny at the time, little did I know we still had MANY months to wait). I was like..if it’s good or if it’s bad…just tell us lol. Anyway I had already been impressed with him as a skater but I was also impressed with him as a person. For anyone who has met Jason Brown and knows how when you talk to him you’re the only person in the room? Timmy is like that. As far as interviews I don’t think a lot of juniors get interviewed a lot. Maybe if they win a JGP. But not juniors who skate domestically in the US. Unless there is something I’m unaware of, I can’t imagine Timmy waiting to be 23-24 to make his international senior debut. Especially since he’s won the gold at Nationals (he’s been medaling for several years but not the gold) there is nothing left for him to win in US domestic competition. I still maintain he’s the next GREAT US pair guy.

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Ellie is 13. She will not be able to skate Internationally until the year before the Olympic season. So what 2025? Timmy is 21. His jumps are good. I just can’t imagine he would give up all of 2023 (other than US Nationals) and only skate in club comps and NQS and next year’s Nationals as a Junior. Depending on his birthday that would make him at lest 23.
If Ellie is 13, then her and Timmy won't be eligible to compete internationally till after the Olympics, due to the ISU age rule change.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Ellie is 13, then her and Timmy won't be eligible to compete internationally till after the Olympics, due to the ISU age rule change.
I was under the impression that she would be able to compete in the Olympic season.

davincisoprano

Rinkside
Sorry when I met him he was 21 (which was in July). My apologies for the error. We talked a decent amount for a skater to talk to a random person at an ice show. I had noticed him with Catherine Rivers in Nashville. I think they were training in Nashville at the time and he wanted to go to Todd and Jenni. Anyway I asked him if he had a new partner and he said yes and I asked if he could tell me who she was and he told me. Of course I hadn’t heard of her. I asked him how he liked working with Todd and Jenni, he was really enthusiastic and said something about how inspirational skating in the same rink as the World Champions. I told him how much it stunk to be a skating fan and seeing all the retirements but it was even worse not knowing (I was thinking of Danny at the time, little did I know we still had MANY months to wait). I was like..if it’s good or if it’s bad…just tell us lol. Anyway I had already been impressed with him as a skater but I was also impressed with him as a person. For anyone who has met Jason Brown and knows how when you talk to him you’re the only person in the room? Timmy is like that. As far as interviews I don’t think a lot of juniors get interviewed a lot. Maybe if they win a JGP. But not juniors who skate domestically in the US. Unless there is something I’m unaware of, I can’t imagine Timmy waiting to be 23-24 to make his international senior debut. Especially since he’s won the gold at Nationals (he’s been medaling for several years but not the gold) there is nothing left for him to win in US domestic competition. I still maintain he’s the next GREAT US pair guy.
I met Timmy back in 2013ish when I started skating at his rink in Orlando and I remember him being the most enthusiastic, kind, welcoming kid there. I remember his mom looking at me and saying "Timmy has never met a stranger", and it holds true today. :)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I met Timmy back in 2013ish when I started skating at his rink in Orlando and I remember him being the most enthusiastic, kind, welcoming kid there. I remember his mom looking at me and saying "Timmy has never met a stranger", and it holds true today. :)
Adore him.

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Someone said Ellie is 14. So she should be 15 this year; 16 in 2024; and 17 in 2025. So most likely, she can skate internationally during 2025- 2026 season.
It depends on when she was born. If she was 13 on July 1st of this season, then she would be too young.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It depends on when she was born. If she was 13 on July 1st of this season, then she would be too young.
I’m told by people who know them that she will be age eligible beginning in the Olympic season.

Janice4th

On the Ice
Interesting that ythe Fanfest article had quotes from Ellie that they were going to continue working on their elements to improve them. I know they were waiting until after this championship to decide on the next step, but it sounds like they are staying together.