2023 World Team Trophy - General Info | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2023 World Team Trophy - General Info

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
WTT is every two years, so theoretically Alexa and Brandon could compete next year. She has made no announcements.

If I were a betting lady, I would bet this is their last comp. 😥(unless they "Pull a Jason" ;) ). Brandon appears to be staying in California (a junior pair mentioned training with him in an IG post.) Chris is the full skating director of a rink in Chicago as of this year, and I can't imagine Alexa living apart just to train for another GP season. But that's just me speculating.
not just you speculating.... a lot of people have the same thoughts :)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
not just you speculating.... a lot of people have the same thoughts :)
at some point, you gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold them, when to walk away and when to run....Many have faced that decision. Shoma is now facing that....some have stayed too long...no names please...some, Like Alissa Czisny knew they had one more hurrah left in them and won the GPF in 10-11.
Chris' heart wasnt into skating....Brandon was a Godsend for Alexia and USFS and Chris..but time marches on for all of us....who knows what the future holds for any of us? Keep Todd Sand in your thoughts and :pray: Best wishes to A and B whatever path they chose....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Que Rod Serling..."Imagine if you will, a country where skating is so important, the national news covers its skaters leaving for an event..."

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
at some point, you gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold them, when to walk away and when to run....Many have faced that decision. Shoma is now facing that....some have stayed too long...no names please...some, Like Alissa Czisny knew they had one more hurrah left in them and won the GPF in 10-11.
Chris' heart wasnt into skating....Brandon was a Godsend for Alexia and USFS and Chris..but time marches on for all of us....who knows what the future holds for any of us? Keep Todd Sand in your thoughts and :pray: Best wishes to A and B whatever path they chose....
It is so hard to know when it is over. Skaters like VT; Kwan, Butyrskaya, Elvis, to a point Gracie Gold, Sarah Hughes, Sasha Cohen, Fumie Suguri, Alena Leonova all sort of faded out. Granted Gracie is still skating. Alexa won a world title and world silver, okay no Russians, but she should be very happy. But it is hard when your mate has different goals.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Que Rod Serling..."Imagine if you will, a country where skating is so important, the national news covers its skaters leaving for an event..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBXI0T450oI

One of the TV channels in the UK, Legend TV, started showing the "Twilight Zone" from the start a couple of months ago, and I decided to try it out. And I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it would be too strange for me, but I have been enjoying it!

Oh, getting back to the WTT, it turns out that British Eurosport are not covering it this season. So, Worlds was their figure skating swansong. 😞

CaroLiza_fan

One of the TV channels in the UK, Legend TV, started showing the "Twilight Zone" from the start a couple of months ago, and I decided to try it out. And I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it would be too strange for me, but I have been enjoying it!
Here's Australian skater Juniper skating to the Twilight Zone theme. :)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
It is so hard to know when it is over. Skaters like VT; Kwan, Butyrskaya, Elvis, to a point Gracie Gold, Sarah Hughes, Sasha Cohen, Fumie Suguri, Alena Leonova all sort of faded out. Granted Gracie is still skating. Alexa won a world title and world silver, okay no Russians, but she should be very happy. But it is hard when your mate has different goals.
All true. And yet, what if those skaters could have talked with their future selves for 5 min? How many would have said, "Boy, I should have left earlier!" For many, there seems to be a transition period but its also true that if they have judgement, brains and maturity as well as good people skills, like Fumie Suguri, they do very well....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

Oh, getting back to the WTT, it turns out that British Eurosport are not covering it this season. So, Worlds was their figure skating swansong. 😞

CaroLiza_fan
There were very many famous actors that played the Twightlight zone... Rod Serling was amazing....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Here's Australian skater Juniper skating to the Twilight Zone theme. :)

Cute! :biggrin: Everyone has there favorite episode....I like the Monsters are due on Maple street, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street but the episode where a 6 inch tall spaceman torments an older woman in a farmhouse for half an hour and it turns out the spaceman was a US Astronaught was great....

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
yeah... i am going to have to depend on having major insomnia if I am to watch any of this.... right in the middle of the night... i guess i will just have to pass.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just saw the start times, and they are bad even for those of us on Pacific time. For Worlds, I could watch one event in the evening and go to bed around midnight. For WTT, that will only be possible for one event, the pairs free. All other events start at midnight or so.

The good news is that I got the times from the ISU youtube channel, so it looks like it is not geo-blocked in Canada.

Interestingly, videos from Worlds, which weren't available at the time, seem to be available on ISU youtube now. Perhaps CBC did a time-limited block.