2024 Ephesus Cup | Jan 22-28 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2024 Ephesus Cup | Jan 22-28

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My goodness. For a moment there, I thought that was Margaret O'Neill (Sam McAllister's Mum) sitting with Ceyda SAĞLAM (TUR). :drama:

She skated to that "epic" version of "Crazy In Love", and went into 3rd position.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now that is a song I haven't seen being skated to before. "History Repeating" by Shirley Bassey.

Anna LEVKOVETS (KAZ) was wearing a beautiful red dress.

She was angry with herself when she finished. Holding her head in her hands. Well, she did have 2 falls.

Nevertheless. She went into 2nd position, but is still 8.42 points behind my girl Aleksandra.

Time for Nâdiya!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That was a good skate from Sofiya FARAFONOVA (KAZ).

Yes, she had a fall. But, Aleksandra had a near fall. So, they will probably cancel each other out.

You know, I think we have a new leader. And if not, she will be mighty close to Aleksandra.

No! She goes into 3rd. 😲 I wouldn't have put her behind her team-mate.

Now for the boys.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, if you thought the girls were spread out after 4 skaters, you should see the boys after 3 skaters! :drama:

Burak DEMIRBOĞA (TUR) leads by 12.98 points from Alp Eren ÖZKAN (TUR), who is 16.33 points ahead of Alp Tore OVALIOĞLU (TUR).

By the way, Ovalıoğlu is on Ice Partner Search looking a Pairs partner.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry, I was a bit premature pressing "Post Reply" when we went back to the rink.

Still can't understand why we had a half-hour delay to the start of proceedings. All of the Singles Skaters were present and correct.

Surely they wouldn't have had the delay at the start because there were Ice Dance partnerships missing later in the day.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That's it for the Singles Skating for today. We now travel to the 1980's for the rest of the day with an Ice Dance double-bill. 10 Junior partnerships; followed by 8 Senior partnerships. The 10 Junior partnerships are arranged into two groups of 5 partnerships.

Livestream for Junior Short Dance is now on air.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saOmcH8_CKk

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.or...JUNIOR----QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.org.tr/Sezon/2024/222801ephesus/SEG011.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, if there are Ice Dance partnerships missing, they aren't from this group. There are 5 partnerships on the ice.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
@anonymoose_au - if you are still up, there are a couple of your fellow Sydneysiders, Regina NG / Dominik MAUTNER, in this group. Coached and choreographed by another, Jonathan Guerreiro.

And now that I see your most recent post and realise that I missed it a few weeks ago:

:cheer: HAPPY belated 40th BIRTHDAY!!! :cheer:

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

I hope you had an enjoyable day, and that the coming year is a good one for you.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
I'm sure I've seen streams from here before and they didn't have this awful a sound quality. Sounds like a phone recording from 15 years ago.

Still, free stream and I'm grateful!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm sure I've seen streams from here before and they didn't have this awful a sound quality

Last year was the first time I came across the Ephesus Cup, but it got cancelled at the last minute (after the skaters had arrived) because of the earthquake. And I am nearly sure that it was suposed to be the first edition.

There have been domestic competitions held in Izmir regularly, though, but I haven't seen any of them. So, I can't comment on the quality.

The quality of the Bosphorus Cup in Istanbul is normally good.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
First time seeing this Aussie partnership and, although there were glaring mistakes, they look promising.

Not too sure about one little "lift" during the programme. (If you spotted it, you'll know what I mean!)

Good to see Jonathan again. Just wish we were seeing him on the ice with Tiffany.

Into 3rd position.

They seem happy with the score.

CaroLiza_fan

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
First time seeing this Aussie partnership and, although there were glaring mistakes, they look promising.

Not too sure about one little "lift" during the programme. (If you spotted it, you'll know what I mean!)

Good to see Jonathan again. Just wish we were seeing him on the ice with Tiffany.

Into 3rd position.

They seem happy with the score.

CaroLiza_fan
I think this is their first full season in Ice Dance, they competed at Aussie Nationals this season for the first time. They have one more Jr season, so I'm hoping we'll get to see both them and the baby Aussies (Renee and Oliver) on the JGP circuit next season. ☺️

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I think this is their first full season in Ice Dance, they competed at Aussie Nationals this season for the first time. They have one more Jr season, so I'm hoping we'll get to see both them and the baby Aussies (Renee and Oliver) on the JGP circuit next season. ☺️

Thank you for the info. I thought they looked a bit on the green side, but there is definitely a lot of potential.

And like you, I am looking forward to seeing both Aussie partnerships in the Junior GP soon.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
As expected, a lot of support for Irmak YÜCEL / Danil PAK (TUR).

And they go into 2nd, just 0.37 points behind long time leaders Gina ZEHNDER / Beda Leon SIEBER (CHE).

Although, I am puzzled as to why the partnership that did a programme during the dinner break yesterday (who I think were Jillian Autumn PREVER / Ağahan Berk DÖRTKOL) are not competing. They were good!

CaroLiza_fan

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
As expected, a lot of support for Irmak YUCEL / Danil PAK (TUR).

And they go into 2nd, just 0.37 points behind long time leaders Gina ZEHNDER / Beda Leon SIEBER (CHE).

Although, I am puzzled as to why the partnership that did a programme during the dinner break yesterday (who I think were Jillian Autumn PREVER / Ağahan Berk DÖRTKOL) are not competing. They were good!

CaroLiza_fan
They've been struggling with health issues, and have had to take multiple breaks from training over the last few months. :(