Advice on jumping higher | Golden Skate

Advice on jumping higher

min1228

Spectator
any tips and tricks to getting higher jumps?
I’m working on doubles atm (sal, loop, flip) and i just dont have a lot of height in my attempts
singles height are fine but when it comes to doing doubles I just can’t get the same height

google isn’t helping much with this problem, closest thing I’ve found is to do plyometric exercises as part of off ice exercise

so anyways if you have a way that you make your doubles nice and high please leave it down in the comments and you will have the best year this year

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
any tips and tricks to getting higher jumps?
I’m working on doubles atm (sal, loop, flip) and i just dont have a lot of height in my attempts
singles height are fine but when it comes to doing doubles I just can’t get the same height

google isn’t helping much with this problem, closest thing I’ve found is to do plyometric exercises as part of off ice exercise

so anyways if you have a way that you make your doubles nice and high please leave it down in the comments and you will have the best year this year
hi and welcome!

Power stroking and jump classes would do you good, especially if you have a coach who has access to a jump tech and one that can put you in the harness to practice doubles.

There are off ice exercises as well.

May I also ask what blades/boots you are in?

min1228

Spectator
hi and welcome!

Power stroking and jump classes would do you good, especially if you have a coach who has access to a jump tech and one that can put you in the harness to practice doubles.

There are off ice exercises as well.

May I also ask what blades/boots you are in?
Hi thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately I don’t have access to the things you’ve mentioned 😭 i just attend group classes and private time to time when possible- coaches just says to practice big single jump+backspin or similar combos and I have been but when I have to actually try double it’s not helping ..

What off ice exercise do you recommend?

I’m on custom aura due to my extra wide feet and bunions & tailors bunion with Ultima Matrix Legacy Ultra Light Stainless Steel Blades

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

Unfortunately I don’t have access to the things you’ve mentioned 😭 i just attend group classes and private time to time when possible- coaches just says to practice big single jump+backspin or similar combos and I have been but when I have to actually try double it’s not helping ..

I’m on custom aura due to my extra wide feet and bunions & tailors bunion with Ultima Matrix Legacy Ultra Light Stainless Steel Blades
Depending on where you are in the world, especially if it's US or Canada, there has got to be a coach there that teaches power stroking and one that is expert in jump technique and possibly the harness.

mskater93

Record Breaker

It sounds as if you are changing your technique when you "try" doubles if your singles are bigger. You are probably converting lifting momentum into rotational momentum and not jumping up anymore. Think about "over rotating your singles"