All Japan Nationals - pre-event discussions | Page 6 | Golden Skate

All Japan Nationals - pre-event discussions

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
OK! I am watching Japanese TV. I did have to turn on the flash for that specific web site. Its just a bit choppy with sports as I only have a 10 Mbps download speed here in the boonies. I bought a week's worth. Couldnt find any Japanese dubbed episodes of "Bonanza" yet but looks pretty interesting. Video resolution is great. The playback feature works seemlessly.
Here is a shot from my 21 inch monitor.
Japanese TV.jpg

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
If Kihira is successful, will she be the first person to successfully execute a one-handed cartwheel in a non-exhibition performance?

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Wonder what the quarantine proceedure is in Japan?
Generally two weeks of self quarantine, but people here under certain conditions are allowed to travel to designated work locations if proper precautions are taken. No idea if he qualified for such treatment, but I would guess that some such arrangement was worked out.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Generally two weeks of self quarantine, but people here under certain conditions are allowed to travel to designated work locations if proper precautions are taken. No idea if he qualified for such treatment, but I would guess that some such arrangement was worked out.
I think you are right. (In NYC, detectives are being sent to travelers' hotels from England to make sure they are there and quarantined. $1,000 a day fine if they arent. Good idea. )

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
If Kihira is successful, will she be the first person to successfully execute a one-handed cartwheel in a non-exhibition performance?

Rika could pull off the stunt as a preschooler because she was so athletically gifted. There is a video footage from her preschool era, doing a one-handed cartwheel (2:26-2:32). In a way, she is going back to her roots with her new program.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Another iSakuro hint. Each time you log in, you will have to tell the computer to unblock flash for the website. There is probably a way around this by telling the confuser to just unblock always, but I am a dodo. I appropriated one of my wife's laptops and plugged it into the telly. It looks pretty good!
japanese gold crop.jpg

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Just paid for 3 days of isakura, and haven't received an ID, no nothing. Complained using Messenger, but no response. So annoyed!

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
I’m watching the snippets/replays of the practices and Kihira’s SP costume is gorgeous. Fire embodied with a dress. Whatever happens in the SP, she’s gonna look damn good doing it.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Help! I'm now trying JapanTV, have installed it on my PC, but all I get is a blank screen with JapanTV v1.3 on the top...

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Isakura hasn’t sent me my login info yet either so I’m watching on live.qq.com/10012776 for now.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
This is wicked awesome. It’s 4.30 am And I’m waiting nationals from my bed on a big telly screen. Nuts... Long live modern technology and whoever all mentioned iSakura!

Lamente Ariane

Record Breaker
This is a neat program by Taichi Honda! All jumps clean too!

I really enjoyed that! Good for him, I think he said he’s retiring after this Nationals.

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Just paid for 3 days of isakura, and haven't received an ID, no nothing. Complained using Messenger, but no response. So annoyed!

Isakura hasn’t sent me my login info yet either so I’m watching on live.qq.com/10012776 for now.

Oh boy. Did you follow the link in post #54 or #63 to order iSakura (via Japan TV net)? The activation code (after payment with paypal) and the account-id (after entering your activation code) should both show up on the screen. I have no idea how this works, if you order directly via iSakura's own website. Maybe they sent the code to your e-mail address? Did you check your spam folder?

I just booked my 7 day pass and realized that, contrary to what’s indicated on the channel overview on their website, Fuji TV One is not channel 66, but no. 64!

Lamente Ariane

Record Breaker
Oh boy. Did you follow the link in post #54 or #63 to order iSakura (via Japan TV net)? The activation code (after payment with paypal) and the account-id (after entering your activation code) should both show up on the screen. I have no idea how this works, if you order directly via iSakura's own website. Maybe they sent the code to your e-mail address? Did you check your spam folder?

I just booked my 7 day pass and realized that, contrary to what’s indicated on the channel overview on their website, Fuji TV One is not channel 66, but no. 64!
I slept a bit and now my login info has arrived, haha. I hope I’m on the right channel right now, 05- ladies skating is on anyway!

treblemakerem

On the Ice
Are there videos anywhere? I wasn't able to stay up to watch the ladies. I thought people said they were going up on JPTV youtube but there is nothing there.