All Japan Nationals - pre-event discussions | Page 5 | Golden Skate

All Japan Nationals - pre-event discussions

balabam

🥕🥕🌵🌵😈😀
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia
Ah, you misunderstood the info about the channel numbers (or I probably didn't express this clearly enough)! :wink:

On iSakura Pro Plus you have to switch between channel 66 and 5.

If you choose to watch via Japan TV Standard (the picture you posted in post #62) it's channel 62 and 7.

You only ever need two channels – Fuji TV One and Fuji TV (see picture with the caption "2020 Japan National Figure Skating Championships Broadcast Schedule". The two services (iSakura and Japan TV) are pretty similar and both have a replay option ("on demand" so to speak). Because the Japan TV stream just never runs stable for me, I recommended iSakura instead, which in my personal experience has always been reliable.

You don't need a VPN for either iSakura or Japan TV.
Thank you. And If I want only 3 day access, do I need to activate it at the beginning of 3-day period or is it possible to activate now and to be valid from December 25th (1st day of champs)?

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I activated iSakura Pro on my iPhone, watching the channel with the JViewer app. So far, so good, except for the occasional lag.

However, not sure how I can watch in a browser now. I need an accountID for that, which I cannot seem to procure in any way. I already used my activation code in the app, so... it keeps giving me an error if I try to activate at act.j-viewer.com presumably because I already used the activation code, but how else am I supposed to get an accountID?

It's not the biggest problem in the world, but I'd like to be able to watch on the big computer screen, of course. :-(

edit: okay, I really am not the brightest thing on the planet. The accountID was, of course, created when I first logged into the iphone app. It's listed on the main screen of the iSakura Pro JViewer app, top right corner. Just in case someone else runs into this little problem that isn't actually a problem. ;-)

Last edited:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Help needed! I bought isakura pro, got a code, then it installed itself,but I can´t find anything on my PC. Is ist only for Android? I`ve Windows: eek:

I activated iSakura Pro on my iPhone, watching the channel with the JViewer app. So far, so good, except for the occasional lag.

However, not sure how I can watch in a browser now. I need an accountID for that, which I cannot seem to procure in any way. I already used my activation code in the app, so... it keeps giving me an error if I try to activate at act.j-viewer.com presumably because I already used the activation code, but how else am I supposed to get an accountID?

It's not the biggest problem in the world, but I'd like to be able to watch on the big computer screen, of course. :-(

edit: okay, I really am not the brightest thing on the planet. The accountID was, of course, created when I first logged into the iphone app. It's listed on the main screen of the iSakura Pro JViewer app, top right corner. Just in case someone else runs into this little problem that isn't actually a problem. ;-)

Glad it worked out in the end! (y)

If anyone else struggles with this:

After finalising the purchase they'll send you an activation code. This is where you enter the code and set a password (which you will be asked to enter when you log-in).

As Winnie said, you will then receive an account-id that you should save somewhere/write down, because additionally to the password, you'll need it to access the player.

On a Windows PC or MAC you don't need to install anything. The player works inside your browser of choice, as long as you have flash installed and activated. This is the direct link to the log-in, where you have to enter your account-id and your password.

The player then opens automatically.

Thank you. And If I want only 3 day access, do I need to activate it at the beginning of 3-day period or is it possible to activate now and to be valid from December 25th (1st day of champs)?

The 3-day period starts as soon as you use the activation code. You can make the purchase in advance and then use the activation code later when you want to start watching.

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker

After finalising the purchase they'll send you an activation code. This is where you enter the code and set a password (which you will be asked to enter when you log-in).

As Winnie said, you will then receive an account-id that you should save somewhere/write down, because additionally to the password, you'll need it to access the player.
But If, like me, you’re a dodo and just download the JViewer app on iOS, create an account there (with the activation code and creating a password), and go to the website URL to watch telly within that app, you bypass the website altogether where you create an accountID. The app does it for you.
Hence why later, when I wanted to watch in a browser, I got really confused with the failing accountID creation instructions. Doh. ;-)

I’m glad I took the leap, it actually was really simple, as long you bother to read the instructions carefully, lol. Thanks for the rec, everybody who suggested it!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I'm relaxing after work perusing the Fuji TV All-Japan Nationals site, reading the skaters' profiles. So many of them have pictures of their pets as their favourite photo, including Shoma! (Scroll down a little)
Love this! Pre match routine...sleep....!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

On a Windows PC or MAC you don't need to install anything. The player works inside your browser of choice, as long as you have flash installed and activated. This is the direct link to the log-in, where you have to enter your account-id and your password.

The player then opens automatically.

The 3-day period starts as soon as you use the activation code. You can make the purchase in advance and then use the activation code later when you want to start watching.
Thank you. I am a dodo too. What is "Flash"? I am running a Windows 10 computer....maybe tomorrow I try to buy in. A weeks worth

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Apparently the media are keeping a respectful distance, which is good.

Oh, and Takahashi has foregone the yellow pants for a yellow top and black pants.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
It is reported in Tweets that Hanyu's new FS is of Japanese style music (with instruments such as 'Sanmisan' and koto), no title of the song revealed yet.

Adding: jumps in practice include, 4S、4T、3A (曲かけ前に3Lo、3Lz-1Eu-3S、3Aなど確認。曲かけ後には4Sや4T-3Tなど。4T転倒1回あり。' Attempted 3L, 3Lz-EU-3S, 3A, run-through with 4S, 4T-3T, a fall on a 4T. He was in practice without coach.

Adding 2: jump layout in the FS run-through: 1Lo 4S 3A-2T 3Lo 4T-3T 4T-1Eu-3S 3A

Last edited:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
So the reporters still start with Hanyu. The skaters in the 1st practice group include:
①宇野昌磨 Shoma ②羽生結弦 Hanyu ③鍵山優真 Yuma ④島田高志郎 Koshiro ⑤山本草太 Sota ⑥佐藤駿 Shun, and ⑦友野一希 Kazuki

So we should be hearing about other skaters soon.

Post practice interview:
Shoma: no change in the layout, similar to last year's
Shun: will switch his FS to 'Romeo & Juliet' from last season, the main reason is injury (and still not comfortable with the layout)

Last edited:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
It is reported in Tweets that Hanyu's new FS is of Japanese style music (with instruments such as 'Sanmisan' and koto), no title of the song revealed yet.

Adding: jumps in practice include, 4S、4T、3A (曲かけ前に3Lo、3Lz-1Eu-3S、3Aなど確認。曲かけ後には4Sや4T-3Tなど。4T転倒1回あり。' Attempted 3L, 3Lz-EU-3S, 3A, run-through with 4S, 4T-3T, a fall on a 4T. He was in practice without coach.

Adding 2: jump layout in the FS run-through: 1Lo 4S 3A-2T 3Lo 4T-3T 4T-1Eu-3S 3A
Now the titles of both programs are revealed:
SP: 'Let me entertain you' [Buttle]
FS: 天と地と ('of heaven and earth'?) [Bourne]

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Skaters' in the ladies' practice (group 1):
①紀平梨花 Rika (K.) ②樋口新葉 Wakaba ③川畑和愛 Tomoe ④宮原知子 Satoko ⑤坂本花織 Kaori ⑥三原舞依 Mai, and ⑦吉岡詩果 Shiika (Yoshioka)

Rika run-through: 2A 3F-3T 3Lz, reportedly landing both 3A and 4S outside the run-through
Wakaba reportedly also landed 3A

Last edited:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Actually, Dai-chan looks not bad in yellow pants (I've seen him skating LIVE in yellow pants...banana-Dai' :party2:). Anyway, good luck and look forward to their competition!

I'm sad they're gone. :( They were bold and perfect for the program (and Asher Hill loved them too). Guess I have to change my avatar now. ;)

ETA:

There's not much report about ice dance practice, but at least nice photos: https://twitter.com/aflosport/status/1341971609465196544?s=20
(The major news is probably that Daisuke had a change in his costume....bye-bye yellow pants?)

Clips of Kana and Dai from this morning's official practice:

After practice they relayed their thoughts on the competition ahead, talked about choreo changes and Dai explained why he changed his costume:

Partial translation below:

Last edited: